• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In case you needed closure with Speedy Claxton...

mrhonline

I'm not sure where I read it but Speedy said he's even dunking again. The 3 point dagger by Sund!!!!!!

I found it

Claxton, a seven-year veteran, has been limited to two games total over the past two seasons by a series of knee and hamstring injuries, the most serious being to his left knee. ,He said his knee is fine now and that this offseason, he started training on his knee instead of simply rehabbing, which has worked wonders. He said he's even dunking again.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_12911210

And oh, an interesting blurb I read in the article you linked for the Acie fans.

Members of the organization I’ve talked to aren’t too keen on either option - Claxton because of his injury history and Law because they don’t think he’s any good.

I guess GS might not be the place he shines either.....

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

I had to wonder, at the end of last season: Speedy has been injured and drawing disability insurance.

Just before the season was over, he came off IR and played in a couple of games. You can't be

injured so bad you can't play, drawing insurance payments AND play the game.

So. He was no longer injured at the end of last season. Didn't EVERYONE know this? If they

didn't, they weren't paying attention. All you had to do was look at the box score and see his

name there, along with the minutes played.

If his new team expected disability insurance to pay 80% of his salary, or whatever it was that

it had been paying, they just weren't looking at the facts.

They have a serviceable, veteran PG. Speedy has a nice big, expiring contract at the end of

this season. It's not like they got nothing.

:wink:

Its the offseason. Every offseason Claxton miraculously gets better (than before, even). Once practice strarts, oops the knee goes out again. Don't count out the "fragile" (nicest word I could think of) factor with this guy.

• Admin

Its the offseason. Every offseason Claxton miraculously gets better (than before, even). Once practice strarts, oops the knee goes out again. Don't count out the "fragile" (nicest word I could think of) factor with this guy.

He was actually ready to play for us but I think we kept him on the bench to get the insurance.

He was actually ready to play for us but I think we kept him on the bench to get the insurance.

my understanding was that he could play up to 10 games last year and the Hawks still get the insurance money. I think the Hawks just tossed him a bone knowing that he would probably be traded by the following season...who knows ;)

Go Hawks!