• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA takes one on the chin

DrReality

• Moderators

Bad game for the Dawgs. I do feel like there were two key calls that significantly influenced the final score (not the result, since I think we would have lost anyway):

(1) the 4 and goal where we stopped them and the refs gave a gift spot to give them the first down and the touchdown - that is big for momentum and the scoreboard;

(2) the personal foul when their receiver went up, tipped the ball to himself, got hit in the chest (not helmet) and somehow earned a personal foul which renewed their drive and gave them more points on the board.

Since we were on the road against a solid team to start the season, I will wait and see how we look the next few games before pointing my finger at the coaches. The team needs to play better but I saw some better signs of play by the D in particular that gave me some minor hope for this season. The offense just fell off the rails and never got going after the opening possession. We need a RB to step up to set up our play action, keep the chains moving and open the field a bit for the receivers.

(2) the personal foul when their receiver went up, tipped the ball to himself, got hit in the chest (not helmet) and somehow earned a personal foul which renewed their drive and gave them more points on the board.

That was a 3rd down play to boot. Instead of a change of possesion OKL St got the ball in the red zone and turned it into 7 points.

The punt return to the 1 yard line that was called back was a killer. We still got the ball but did not take advantage of our oppurtunites.

It took a 53 yard FG to get a 10 points on the board. Not good !

We had 3 turnovers ...........that alwayse makes it difficult to win on the road, much less vs. a top 10 team.

The defense was impressive. I loved the fact Martinez was blitzing more. I would rather get beat on the blitz then live by the zone.

Samuels was decent but is far from a top half tier SEC RB. He seems to have a lot of Thomas Brown in him.........meaning he likes to run into tackles and rarely tries to elude them. For a guy that is 200 lbs he runs with the style of a 230 pounder. Not a good combination.

We did not throw the ball deep much. Cox seems to be accurate on passes 25 yards and in...........especially in the middle of the field, Good for Orson Charles but bad for AJ Green.

I want to see us continue to committ to running the ball but do so out of unconventional formations. I love Chapas at FB but we need to spread it out with 3 and 4 recievers and not only pass out of those formations but run out of them as well. Spread it out on 1st down and let Cox make the right pass or run audible at the line of scrimmage.

I have faith that Cox and the offense will get it rolling.

The SC game is gouing to be a dog fight.

That was a 3rd down play to boot. Instead of a change of possesion OKL St got the ball in the red zone and turned it into 7 points.

The punt return to the 1 yard line that was called back was a killer. We still got the ball but did not take advantage of our oppurtunites.

It took a 53 yard FG to get a 10 points on the board. Not good !

We had 3 turnovers ...........that alwayse makes it difficult to win on the road, much less vs. a top 10 team.

The defense was impressive. I loved the fact Martinez was blitzing more. I would rather get beat on the blitz then live by the zone.

Samuels was decent but is far from a top half tier SEC RB. He seems to have a lot of Thomas Brown in him.........meaning he likes to run into tackles and rarely tries to elude them. For a guy that is 200 lbs he runs with the style of a 230 pounder. Not a good combination.

We did not throw the ball deep much. Cox seems to be accurate on passes 25 yards and in...........especially in the middle of the field, Good for Orson Charles but bad for AJ Green.

I want to see us continue to committ to running the ball but do so out of unconventional formations. I love Chapas at FB but we need to spread it out with 3 and 4 recievers and not only pass out of those formations but run out of them as well. Spread it out on 1st down and let Cox make the right pass or run audible at the line of scrimmage.

I have faith that Cox and the offense will get it rolling.

The SC game is gouing to be a dog fight.

Cox and Bobo are taking the heat right now. If we go 0-2, I think there is going to be a new qb. Nothing but respect to Cox who was battling the flu, but he is going to have to step it up next week.

When calendar went down I figured the offense was going to struggle. A 1st time starter with a backup rb against a top 10 team, boy a good combination.

• Moderators

Yep, those two calls (both obviously bad in my book) led directly to 11 of the 24 points OK St scored. I still think they played better than UGA on the whole, but those plays were huge and it was the kind of game where if UGA gets two possessions extended deep into the red zone then it might have turned out differently. I don't blame the refs for this game but do think those calls really expanded the margin of victory for OK St.

Yep, those two calls (both obviously bad in my book) led directly to 11 of the 24 points OK St scored. I still think they played better than UGA on the whole, but those plays were huge and it was the kind of game where if UGA gets two possessions extended deep into the red zone then it might have turned out differently. I don't blame the refs for this game but do think those calls really expanded the margin of victory for OK St.

Yep Big 12 refs in a big 12 staduim vs. out of conference opponents should be illegal. When an ACC school plays a SEC school the refs in the game are alwayse from the opposite conference as the home team............for a good reason.

Throw in the fact that the Big 12 and the rest of the country hates the SEC does not hurt that arguement either.

Oh, well. We were just not good enough but had a few of the refs calls gone the other way the game could have had a very different out come.

It would have been nice to play Charlston Southern, like UF, or Jacksonville State, like Ga Tech. Oh, well. That is what makes UGA who they are. They don't dodge any one. We got a 3 tough out of conference games vs. the Big 12, ACC, and PAC 10. Each of those 3 schools are expected to be bowl teams. I don't think anyone else can say that about their out of conference schedule in the country.

Surprised they allowed that in the contract . . . . . unless we get to use SEC refs when they come to town.

They are under the gun this week against South Carolina . . . . a team that gives them a tough time. They better come out with a better plan to move the ball ALL FOUR QUARTERS.

• Moderators

The game against SC could be ugly. They nearly always play one of their absolute best games of the year against UGA and UGA is basically never that motivated against them. The Dawgs should be very focused on this one because they will be behind the 8 ball if they lose game #2.

When calendar went down I figured the offense was going to struggle. A 1st time starter with a backup rb against a top 10 team, boy a good combination.

my bad, i meant caleb king

• Moderators

Now Logan Gray is starting for the Dawgs. This could get ugly. Here's hoping he steps up big time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4462154

Georgia is likely to start sophomore quarterback Logan Gray against South Carolina on Saturday, a person familiar with the situation said Thursday.

Senior quarterback Joe Cox has an arm issue, the source said. Cox struggled in the first week, but that was in part due to his battle with the flu.

Gray, 6-feet-2, 192 pounds, is a versatile athlete who has even been used as a punt returner. Georgia also has two freshman quarterbacks on its roster.