• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 11-Man Rotation

TheNorthCydeRises

I know this is the vision that some of you want to see. I don't personally agree with an 11 man rotation, but I'll play along, to see how Woody could do this. The rotation would achieve these goals:

- keep JJ relatively fresh and not wear him out

- keep our starters from playing more than 35 min/game

- enable Crawford to be a primary scoring threat when JJ is out of the game, while getting major minutes

- possibly keep Horford and Josh Smith out of foul trouble.

- slowly develop Teague with nightly playing time

- allow Woody to go with a wide array of personnel looks

Now whether all of this makes us a better team, remains to be seen. But if you want an idea of how the Hawks 11-man rotation could look like, with Woody choreographing his subs according to the time on the game clock, here's how it may look.

STARTERS TO BEGIN THE GAME

PG - bibby

G - johnson

F - marvin ( sub @ 6 ) . . . this indicates who's coming out the game and when

PF - smoove

C - horford ( sub @ 6 )

1st TV TIMEOUT ( around 6 minute mark of 1st )

bibby ( sub @ 3 )

CRAWFORD . . . . ALL CAPS indicates player who entered the game

johnson

smoove ( sub @ 3 )

ZAZA

2nd TV TIMEOUT ( around 3 min mark of 1st )

TEAGUE

crawford

johnson ( sub start of 2nd )

JOE SMITH ( sub start of 2nd )

zaza

(((( END OF 1ST QUARTER ))))

2nd QUARTER STARTERS

teague ( sub @ 9 )

crawford

EVANS ( sub @ 9 )

HORFORD ( sub @ 9 )

zaza ( sub @ 9 )

1st TV TIMEOUT ( around 9 min mark of 2nd )

BIBBY

crawford ( sub @ 6 )

MARVIN

SMOOVE

COLLINS ( sub @ 6 )

2nd TV TIMEOUT ( around 6 min mark of 2nd )

bibby ( sub @ 2 )

JOHNSON ( sub @ 2 )

marvin

smoove ( sub @ 2 )

HORFORD

SUBSTITUTION ( around 2 min mark )

NOTE: Near the end of the 2nd quarter, Woody would routinely pull a guy out of a game if he had 2 fouls, to prevent him from picking up a cheap 3rd foul. This is where we usually saw Mario West and Solomon Jones enter the game to finish the half. He wouldn't sub them in when the last TV timeout of the quarter happened ( around the 3 min mark ). He always wait until it was under 2 minutes.

In this rotation, Woody is looking to possibly protect JJ, Bibby, and Smoove.

CRAWFORD

EVANS

marvin

JOE SMITH

horford

(((( END OF 2ND QUARTER ))))

TOTAL MINUTES PLAYED IN 1ST HALF:

Bibby - 16

Johnson - 16

Marvin - 15

Smoove - 16

Horford - 15

Crawford - 14

Zaza - 9

Teague - 6

Evans - 5

Joe Smith - 5

Collins - 3

3RD QUARTER STARTING LINEUP

bibby

johnson ( sub @ 6 )

marvin

smoove ( sub @ 6 )

horford

1st TV TIMEOUT ( around 6 min mark of 3rd )

bibby ( sub @ 3 )

CRAWFORD

marvin ( sub @ 3 )

horford ( sub @ 3 )

ZAZA

2nd TV TIMEOUT ( around 3 min mark of 3rd )

TEAGUE

crawford ( sub start of 4th )

JOHNSON

SMOOVE

zaza

(((( END OF 3RD QUARTER ))))

4TH QUARTER STARTING LINEUP

teague ( sub @ 9 )

johnson ( sub @ 9 )

MARVIN

smoove ( sub @ 9 )

zaza ( sub @ 9 )

1st TV TIMEOUT ( around 9 min mark of 4th )

CRAWFORD

EVANS ( sub @ 6 )

marvin ( sub @ 6 )

JOE SMITH ( sub @ 6 )

HORFORD

2nd TV TIMEOUT ( around 6 min mark of 4th )

BIBBY

crawford ( sub @ 3 )

JOHNSON

SMOOVE

horford

LAST TV TIMEOUT ( around 3 min mark of 4th )

bibby

johnson

MARVIN

smoove

horford

(((( END OF GAME )))

TOTAL MINUTES PLAYED:

Bibby - 31

Johnson - 34

Marvin - 33

Smoove - 34

Horford - 33

Crawford - 26

Zaza - 18

Teague - 12

Evans - 8

Joe Smith - 8

Collins - 3

Edited by northcyde

i like it but i think maurice evans should get more pt and maybe joe smith

Yeah I agree with you, no way Evans plays less than 20minutes a game. In reality we all know our rotation will be closer to 10 men than 11. Collins will probably recieve some DNP's in some games.

I like this but in my eyes I say we give joe smith alot more minutes than 8 atleast 15 and i think collins should get about the same amount as zaza like 8 or 9. An horford shouldnt be seeing 33 minutes of play time but more like 25 to 30, and as for j smoove right at 30. but hey thats my opnion. i really dont care as long as our starters get enough rest and we win!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

In reality we all know our rotation will be closer to 10 men than 11. Collins will probably recieve some DNP's in some games.

Yep!! I think Collins was brought in more for situations(injuries,toughness,size) rather than actually scratching the playing rotation on a consistent basis. Other than that pretty good and well thought out. I do not think Woody will make your scheme quite the reality but it will be interesting to see how it all actually plays out. It definitely shows us how deep/versatile our team is or at least can be.

Yep!! I think Collins was brought in more for situations(injuries,toughness,size) rather than actually scratching the playing rotation on a consistent basis. Other than that pretty good and well thought out. I do not think Woody will make your scheme quite the reality but it will be interesting to see how it all actually plays out. It definitely shows us how deep/versatile our team is or at least can be.

I agree. I think the only time Collins shoud see time, is if Horford and Zaza are in serious foul trouble . . or if we're matched up with a big center like Shaq or Howard.

I also agree with the others about Evans. At minimum, he should be playing at least 12 minutes a night. In reality, he probably should be closer to 15 - 18 minutes a night. The guy can shoot the 3-ball and is a decent defender ( when he's not trying to guard a superstar.

As for Joe Smith, I'd keep him under 10 minutes, no more than 12 minutes a night. I still say that Marvin is a better PF than Joe Smith, and that Marvin should see spot minutes there each night. And I don't like the idea of Horford and Smoove playing closer to 30 min/game than 35 min/game.

And we all know about Woody and young players. If Teague doesn't prove on the court, that he's a baller, he may become a situational PG, instead of one that knows he'll play 12 minutes a night.

I'll believe an 11 or even a 10-man rotation from Woody, when I see it. I say that he tries to go 9-deep, with Crawford, Zaza, Evans, and either Teague or Joe Smith holding down the 9th spot. The loser between Teague and Joe Smith won't play every night.

I also agree with the others about Evans. At minimum, he should be playing at least 12 minutes a night. In reality, he probably should be closer to 15 - 18 minutes a night. The guy can shoot the 3-ball and is a decent defender ( when he's not trying to guard a superstar.

Mo built a lot of muscles this summer in anticipation of defending against LeBron/Pierce/Lewis/Torkoglu.

According to Sekou, Mo looks like he could become an ultimate fighter. Hope that will earn him some minutes.

He might be able to rebound better too. He'll never have a floor game.

PG: Bibby 30mpg / Crawford 15 mpg / Teague 3 mpg

SG: JJ 25 mpg / Crawford 15 mpg / Teague 8 mpg

SF: Marvin 34 mpg / JJ 10 mpg / Mo 4 mpg

PF: Smoove 35 mpg / J. Smith 10 mpg / Horford 3 mpg

C: Horford 31 mpg / ZaZa 12 mpg / Collins 5 mpg

It will be tough to get Mo Evans minutes............especially if Teague plays well and needs more minutes. If Teage struggles then there will be more minutes for Mo.

I love the insurance we have with Marvin being able to swing to PF in case of injury and Mo being able to play SG or SF in case of injury. Smith and Colllins are the big bodies we were missing last year.

Should be a fun season !

Edited by coachx

And we all know about Woody and young players. If Teague doesn't prove on the court, that he's a baller, he may become a situational PG, instead of one that knows he'll play 12 minutes a night.

I'll believe an 11 or even a 10-man rotation from Woody, when I see it. I say that he tries to go 9-deep, with Crawford, Zaza, Evans, and either Teague or Joe Smith holding down the 9th spot. The loser between Teague and Joe Smith won't play every night.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:DAT SOUNDS ALOT LIKE WOODY!!