• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A golden opportunity for the Hawks!

Wurider05

If the Falcons struggle this year (and they probably will) the Atlanta Hawks have a chance to be the team this season. The Braves are going to the post season and with the Falcons schedule it is going to be tough. If we get off to a good start and beat some good teams early the possibilities will be endless!!!

If the Falcons struggle this year (and they probably will) the Atlanta Hawks have a chance to be the team this season. The Braves are going to the post season and with the Falcons schedule it is going to be tough. If we get off to a good start and beat some good teams early the possibilities will be endless!!!

WTF? :cant believe:

Falcons will win the NFC South, even though every game will be a shootout. :snowballfight:

If the Falcons struggle this year (and they probably will) the Atlanta Hawks have a chance to be the team this season. The Braves are not going to the post season and with the Falcons schedule it is going to be tough. If we get off to a good start and beat some good teams early the possibilities will be endless!!!

corrected!!

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Hold everything! Just because Chipper Jones has gone from batting champion last season to a complete

failure at the plate this season, thus by his pathetic preformance dooming the Braves to no playoff appearance

this season. Just because Bobby Cox's favorite pinch hitter fails, over and over again, all season long.

I love the Hawks! I want them to win every game. No reason to jump the other pro Atlanta teams.

The Atlanta Dream, our own WNBA team, went from four wins last season to clinching second place in the east.

The sad part of this is, Atlanta TV stations don't carry any of their games. Sponsors apparently rather spend their

money to show re-runs of re-runs, over and over again.

Then, everyone assumes the Falcons can't have back to back winning seasons. After all, they never have. In all

their long and storied history, NEVER have they had back to back winning seasons. So, history says that the Falcons

can't win this season.

They may be bad. Pitiful, even. Try selling that bill of goods to Miami. The Atlanta Falcons, (1-0) sure didn't look

like they were going to be THAT bad this season, did they?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Falcons and the Hawks are actually pretty similiar IMO.

Both have alot of young guys around a Vet - Joe Johnson and Jon Abraham.

Is Smoove the equivalant of Matt Ryan? Perhaps but comparing them on the same level I'm not sure Smoove's game is up to that level.

Thanks for the photo Mule - god bless you.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Hold everything! Just because Chipper Jones has gone from batting champion last season to a complete

failure at the plate this season, thus by his pathetic preformance dooming the Braves to no playoff appearance

this season. Just because Bobby Cox's favorite pinch hitter fails, over and over again, all season long.

Chumper hasn't been a failure, Bobby has failed to rest him and BMac all season long...

True, Chipper hasn't rested a lot. But, falling from batting champ to what we see now - - unreal.

And the mighty Greg Norton - - 2 doubles - - 8 singles - - 10 total hits for a .145 average.

Most major league pitchers hit that well.

But, as I was saying, the Falcons looked pretty good today and the Dream made the playoffs.

See, the Hawks have some competition for King of the area.- - Plus, the Yellow Jackets and

the Georgia Bull Doga both won this week end.

:conversation:

True, Chipper hasn't rested a lot. But, falling from batting champ to what we see now - - unreal.

And the mighty Greg Norton - - 2 doubles - - 8 singles - - 10 total hits for a .145 average.

Most major league pitchers hit that well.

But, as I was saying, the Falcons looked pretty good today and the Dream made the playoffs.

See, the Hawks have some competition for King of the area.- - Plus, the Yellow Jackets and

the Georgia Bull Doga both won this week end.

:conversation:

Chipper's future is as a dh.Third base is killing his game and psyche.

Bobby (play for the three run homer) Cox is and has been horrible. Why doesn't he get a quarter of the heat that Woody gets.

1) If you think the Woodson hate is bad, you have never looked at BravesNation. Bobby is blamed for every loss.

2) At least Bobby has actually won a championship, something Woodson will NEVER do as a head coach.

3) "Play for the three run homer" makes no sense if you have watched this year.

I wish this were true but it would probably take 3 consecutive NBA championships before the Hawks could get anywhere close to an above average Falcons team in terms of hype/buzz in the city. Football is KING is these parts and the Hawks allowed themselves to become an after-thought in their own city. It will take some time before casual fans even notice that we no longer suck.

1) If you think the Woodson hate is bad, you have never looked at BravesNation. Bobby is blamed for every loss.

2) At least Bobby has actually won a championship, something Woodson will NEVER do as a head coach.

3) "Play for the three run homer" makes no sense if you have watched this year.

I have noticed(at times a different approach) this season. However, "Play for the three run homer" has been a Bobby Cox taple for 20 years. Even this season I have rolled over in disgust with RUNNER AT FIRST WITH NO OUTS AND SCORE TIED, as no bunt(advance the runner) applied. no working the count til two strikes, none of the strategies absent in BC's applicable game plan.

Bobby needed three hall of Fame starters and 4 home run hitters to win a championship.

I have noticed(at times a different approach) this season. However, "Play for the three run homer" has been a Bobby Cox taple for 20 years. Even this season I have rolled over in disgust with RUNNER AT FIRST WITH NO OUTS AND SCORE TIED, as no bunt(advance the runner) applied. no working the count til two strikes, none of the strategies absent in BC's applicable game plan.

Bobby needed three hall of Fame starters and 4 home run hitters to win a championship.

If anything Bobby has tried to bunt too much this year. He plays with the team he has. When he could wait on the 3 run homer that's what he did. His problem is his bullpen management.