There has been no word on the status of Joe's extension

capstone21

He's being mentioned in the same breath with LeBron and Wade as far as the top FA's in the summer of '10. He's seeing dollar signs. Maybe we're not signing him so he can go out and earn the millions he wants = more Hawks wins! I'm ok with that!

• Admin

He's being mentioned in the same breath with LeBron and Wade as far as the top FA's in the summer of '10. He's seeing dollar signs. Maybe we're not signing him so he can go out and earn the millions he wants = more Hawks wins! I'm ok with that!

I would rather have him locked up. All the teams who have positioning themselves for the FA 10 season will be after him.

i much rather let him earn his money, instead of giving him money, even if that means a max deal

You do know that JJ will be unrestricted right?

We cause loose him and get nothing in return, like the Bulls with Gordan.

That's a huge risk.

• Admin

You do know that JJ will be unrestricted right?

We cause loose him and get nothing in return, like the Bulls with Gordan.

That's a huge risk.

excatly. He has more then proven that he deserves to be resigned. If we wait until next year I think there is a good chance that we will lose him.

I believe Joe to be one of the FA's most likely to goto another team if we don't extend his contract right now. This season is gonna speak volumes whether or not we decide to sign him to a lucrative deal. I think management realizes Joe isn't worth the money he's asking for or others have talked about.

Edited by HAWKSFAN89

And why not?

I'm not the one who needs to try and explain that, i'll let one of these other cap experts answer that ?

Anything is possible tho

ok, when they come on here and start going off don't say i didn't warn u! lol

• Moderators

Anything is possible tho

We can't sign Wade as a free agent because we won't have the cap room and other teams don't have the space to take our players on to free up sufficient cap room to allow us to sign Wade (which would require us somehow to do something like letting JJ go and unloading Jamal Crawford and Josh Smith without taking back salary).

We could at least theoretically trade for Wade and resign him if that is the route you are seeing but I don't see that as practical because Atlanta is not a premium FA destination.

Edited by AHF

Ha ha. I've been quite amiable about it all summer long. LOL.

Lol I was just giving him fair warning

And then we get a new thread about it. :doh:

yeah i just saw that one, maybe we should get Dol to pin something that simply says we can't sign Wade bc i really don't think people are reading the pin about the cap situation.