• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What I hope JJ doesn't evolve into!

Wurider05

We all know that JJ wants to be considered an elite player in league (he sure as hell wants elite pay). Now I don't want out game plan ball movement turn in the the JJ show because he feels that he has to have a good game against (Kobe, Lebron, Wade ,etc). For instance if tonight against the LAkers, if JJ is cold and Crawford is hot JJ needs to stay his *ss on the bench. We don't need that JJ has to get his crap from Woody. Woody says that he will not manipulate minutes to accomodate anyone so we will see. Our greatest strength is the sum of our players not JJ individually.

if JJ is cold and Crawford is hot JJ needs to stay his *ss on the bench. We don't need that JJ has to get his crap from to be considered an elite player in leaguWoody. Woody says that he will not manipulate minutes to

No, JJ doesn't need to be on the bench, even if' Jamal is hot.. We need to start seeing JJ and Crawford in the game at the same time.

They were not on the floor together very much the first two games.We have 2 legit scores now..Woody needs a way to get both these guys going at the same time.

We all know that JJ wants to be considered an elite player in league (he sure as hell wants elite pay). Now I don't want out game plan ball movement turn in the the JJ show because he feels that he has to have a good game against (Kobe, Lebron, Wade ,etc). For instance if tonight against the LAkers, if JJ is cold and Crawford is hot JJ needs to stay his *ss on the bench. We don't need that JJ has to get his crap from Woody. Woody says that he will not manipulate minutes to accomodate anyone so we will see. Our greatest strength is the sum of our players not JJ individually.

Do some of you guys even watch the games? Even if JJ is cold, who is going to at least try to keep Kobe in check?

Crawford?

Evans?

Oh I know . . let's ask Marvin to guard Kobe, while trying to guard Artest at the same time. People routinely forget that JJ is by far our best perimeter defender. But 75% of Hawk fans only worry about offense, and not the defense.

And when has JJ EVER turned into a ball hog when he's played one of those elite teams? If anything, he defers a little TOO MUCH and needs to look for his shot a little more against those caliber of teams. Even with that, he still plays within the team concept and racks up the assists.

In the Boston game ( @ Boston ) last November, JJ shot the ball 23 times ( which is a hell of a lot for him ), making 9 shots. That's under 40% shooting. But he . .

- went to the line I think 8 times

- had 7 assists

- scored 28 points

- would've had the game winning assist on Marvin's 3 pointer, if not for Paul Pierce's incredible shot over Horford.

I mean damn . . either some of you guys really don't like JJ, or you just don't watch the games. Crawford was hot in the 1st half of the Washington game. In the 2nd half, he missed all 5 of his shots, had 1 free throw make, and 0 assists. So Woody did the right thing and sat him down.

Unlike JJ, Crawford can't be trusted to contribute on the other end of the floor.

• Like 1

I expect to see more of Crawford at PG as he has brought a legit pick and roll game to the lineup. Tonight against the Lakers Crawford vs Fisher is probably our biggest advantage

There is no need to sit Joe if anything we need to start weeding out iso joe and go to a offense that incorporates more of our weapons .

Do some of you guys even watch the games? Even if JJ is cold, who is going to at least try to keep Kobe in check?

Crawford?

Evans?

Oh I know . . let's ask Marvin to guard Kobe, while trying to guard Artest at the same time. People routinely forget that JJ is by far our best perimeter defender. But 75% of Hawk fans only worry about offense, and not the defense.

And when has JJ EVER turned into a ball hog when he's played one of those elite teams? If anything, he defers a little TOO MUCH and needs to look for his shot a little more against those caliber of teams. Even with that, he still plays within the team concept and racks up the assists.

In the Boston game ( @ Boston ) last November, JJ shot the ball 23 times ( which is a hell of a lot for him ), making 9 shots. That's under 40% shooting. But he . .

- went to the line I think 8 times

- had 7 assists

- scored 28 points

- would've had the game winning assist on Marvin's 3 pointer, if not for Paul Pierce's incredible shot over Horford.

I mean damn . . either some of you guys really don't like JJ, or you just don't watch the games. Crawford was hot in the 1st half of the Washington game. In the 2nd half, he missed all 5 of his shots, had 1 free throw make, and 0 assists. So Woody did the right thing and sat him down.

Unlike JJ, Crawford can't be trusted to contribute on the other end of the floor.

Some fans can't get over the fact that JJ didn't sign the extension, so they take a crack at him ever chance the get, trying to separate JJ success or failure from the team, but that's hard to do. If JJ has a good to great year, more than likely the Hawks will too. Wanting him to fail, more than likely the Hawks will to. It's too much competition and skilled teams out there for the Hawks to be divided, thank goodness these fans ain't calling the shots, that's on Woody and Sund.

Same goes for Smove. If he has a good to great year, so does the Hawks. We need everybody clicking and hitting on all cylinders at least most of the time to take that next step as a team, so some of yall need to get over yourself and just pull for the team success and stop waiting for a bad game from Joe, Smoove or Marvin to start b&tching.

Same goes for Smoove. If he has a good to great year, so does the Hawks. We need everybody clicking and hitting on all cylinders at least most of the time to take that next step as a team, so some of yall need to get over yourself and just pull for the team success and stop waiting for a bad game from Joe, Smoove or Marvin to start b&tching.

I agree with both topics above. As for JJ it is his money to lose I can be mad at him for not proving that he is the elite player he wants to be/ can be but as long as he does not hurt the team in the win/lost column again it is his money to lose. In a game like this although he is one of the players expected to carry us we did not have too many bright spots as a whole. Looks like JJ is going for the save it for when it counts approach this season and is expecting everyone else to step up now (early during the season). For the most part his scoring numbers have not really determined the outcome of the game but are still decent enough to look good on paper. We are deep enough for JJ to stay under the radar until the games that actually count(post season and whatever it takes to get to the post season) but unless he plays phenomenal during that time I do not see him getting the contract he may be hoping for.

Edited by sillent