• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos to Billy Knight and Rick Sund

sillent

???????? Were u not just talking about gms and drafts???????? How did Ex's post have nothing to do with the point?

My goodness.

Yes I was talking about GMs and Drafts...

Problem is

There were a few DETAILS in between

Try...

READING the post...

maybe a light will come on

Somebody needs to start paying me for these tutorials

I would give you a C- for effort but...

What's the point in running in circles...

It's just another one of your silly tactics...

You try to escape the point with loose associations

I have seen people admitted to Georgia Regional for less than this...

The challenge was to name a GM that bragged about the drafting all-stars

Auerbauch was cited as an example of a GM talking about Championships

Like I said before...

Hawksquawk needs a play room

It doesn't matter whether GMs talk about them or not, All-Stars are necessary to win titles.

Bird was All-NBA First Team 9 times

McHale - 7 time All-Star

Parish - 9 time All-Star

All three were aquired through the smart use of draft picks. Good thing BK wasn't their GM during that time or they would have 3 less titles.

It doesn't matter whether GMs talk about them or not, All-Stars are necessary to win titles.

Bird was All-NBA First Team 9 times

McHale - 7 time All-Star

Parish - 9 time All-Star

All three were aquired through the smart use of draft picks. Good thing BK wasn't their GM during that time or they would have 3 less titles.

You can make your point more effectively by answering the challenge...

If Billy Knight is a less than average GM...

Give me the names of General Managers in the NBA that have drafted better than Billy Knight...

You're a smart guy so I know this wont be a problem for you.

P.S.

You guys are getting killed

Edited by Sasquatch

Give me the names of General Managers in the NBA that have drafted better than Billy Knight...

P.S.

Pretty much any one of them except Elgin Baylor and John Nash (former GM of Portland). Bickerstaff did a pretty poor job in Charlotte. I can't really think of anyone else who was as bad as BK.

Isiah was a horrible GM but he drafted rings around BK. Portlands current GM Prichard pisses on BK. The Blazers had the worst record in 2006 but had terrible luck in the lottery and wound up picking 4th. However he still managed to come away with the best two players in that draft, Roy and Aldridge. San Antonios GM Buford has made great use of late firsts and seconds. He drafted Parker late in the first and Ginobili in the 2nd. He also drafted Scola but later traded him to Houston.

Babcock was a pretty horrible drafter as well. Other than Babcock, Baylor and Nash i would say almost every GM was better in the draft than BK.

I do not hate Billy Knight. I just think he was a below average GM. Furthermore, you calling me and others "fools" just because we have a different opinion indicates at least some moderate hate on your part. Billy Knight is not a fool, moron, or idiot. He is a college educated intelligent human being. I just think he was a less than average GM when it came to making draft day decisions.

You think calling me and the others here a fool, who do not share your opinion, makes you a winner; once you lose all composure in a debate and revert to name calling, you are the one who has lost....of course that is just my opinion also!

A fool is only based on actions. Anybody can be anything at any time depending on their actions. I just feel that it's kind of foolish to celebrate accomplishments or the makeup of our current team without at least giving credit to those that took part in building the team. Yeah it was a slow process but a steady process and we can all (hopefully) see the dividends. We've(Most Hawks Fans including myself Vaughn and Lue were not my favorites) ridiculed BK for all the actions he did or didn't make but we can't give any credit when we see the latter results?

A fool is only based on actions. Anybody can be anything at any time depending on their actions. I just feel that it's kind of foolish to celebrate accomplishments or the makeup of our current team without at least giving credit to those that took part in building the team. Yeah it was a slow process but a steady process and we can all (hopefully) see the dividends. We've(Most Hawks Fans including myself Vaughn and Lue were not my favorites) ridiculed BK for all the actions he did or didn't make but we can't give any credit when we see the latter results?

Many of us did give credit to BK for his good moves (JJ and Bibby trades, drafting Smith at 17) but bringing up his name now just reminds us of what could have been.

Billy Knights players are a perennial playoff team sir... They are good players... No reasonable person can dispute that.

P.S.

Your opinion is getting more humble by the second

Also want to say, again, I have the utmost respect for Sund too. His work has been excellent. He deserves an enormous amount of credit. Don't want to lose sight of the original poster's theme.

You want me to validate with a list. You answer your own challenge; find the ones who did worse and be sure and substantiate each one individually....lmao. Now go be a leader and lead by example. And if you cannot make a list, its going to be hard to prove to anyone on this board you are killing anyone but yourself.

One other thing, making the playoffs means you are good, but it does not mean you are excellent...as in championship caliber. And BKs picks never sniffed the playoffs till he finally signed a future all-star named Joe Johnson and then traded for a former all-star named Mike Bibby. We are in the playoffs not because of all-star or former all-star draft picks; no BK missed on them. We are in the playoffs because of a current all-star free agent and former all-star that he traded for.

Which validates my point that when you do miss on your lottery picks; the alternatives to aquire all-stars, future all-stars, and former all-stars through free agency and via trades is more expensive. Now if you want to argue that was part of his plan, draft less talent than what is available, then pay extra money, use up more cap space, and prior picks to get the needed all-star type talent, all I can say is bad plan! And I am sure the spirit would agree....

P.S.

BK is unemployed and we got killed for years.

Even after the rebuilding was supposedly over.

Who has done more with so many lottery picks?

Your answer is nobody.

P.S.

You are trying to get someone with common sense to argue the obvious. It's up to you to convince us BK was worth a damn -

• Like 1

Pretty much any one of them except Elgin Baylor and John Nash (former GM of Portland). Bickerstaff did a pretty poor job in Charlotte. I can't really think of anyone else who was as bad as BK.

Isiah was a horrible GM but he drafted rings around BK. Portlands current GM Prichard pisses on BK. The Blazers had the worst record in 2006 but had terrible luck in the lottery and wound up picking 4th. However he still managed to come away with the best two players in that draft, Roy and Aldridge. San Antonios GM Buford has made great use of late firsts and seconds. He drafted Parker late in the first and Ginobili in the 2nd. He also drafted Scola but later traded him to Houston.

Babcock was a pretty horrible drafter as well. Other than Babcock, Baylor and Nash i would say almost every GM was better in the draft than BK.

Conversation Terminated not only did you not answer the question( Who has a better drafting record than BK). Pau Gasol, Boris Diaw, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Al Horford, Josh Childress to name a few (Regardless of where they are now, there should not be no denying these are pretty good players). But you attack back with the bold statement above and really it's hard to even read the rest of your paragraph.

Many of us did give credit to BK for his good moves (JJ and Bibby trades, drafting Smith at 17) but bringing up his name now just reminds us of what could have been.

Exactly. He did those three things well. How he used his lottery picks was not one of them. Now here is the bigger picture: we lose JJ for nothing or next to nothing next season because he is done with us, JJ does have a history of being done with teams. That means the only great long term thing he did is an aging Bibby and a really good Smoove...

You want me to validate with a list. You answer your own challenge; find the ones who did worse

LOL!

Nice try Sherlock.

Put up or shut up.

Suffice it to say that if you can not meet the challenge you have no basis for your hateful remarks about Billy Knight

The fact of the matter is you guys have been so over board with this non sense it should not be a difficult task at all to perform

And then to try that elementary reversal is laughable

I guess I know how to bring this issue to a close from now on...

Not to mention it is starting to look like you guys are working in shifts trying to stay afloat

When one gets busted you page the other

P.S.

Understandable!! But we are all grown hopefully and we got to look at what we have now. True BK is no longer with us(at least on the payroll) but the core that he used to build this team is still present to this day. How can you like the team without giving some credit to the person that built the team? Simple question for adults young and old and would of could of should of's should be left for that type of post. This was not one of those. This was suppose to be a reality based grown man topic showing appreciation where it was due. Point Blank.

You are trying to get someone with common sense to argue the obvious. It's up to you to convince us BK was worth a damn -

Well well well...

Here comes the Calvary...

With all the impact of a colossal THUD

Suffice it to say you have a bloated since of self importance if you think I am obligated to convince you of anything

The argument supported by you and yours has been invalidated, undermined, annihilated, expunged, extirpated, mocked, trashed, parodied and whatever imaginable form of degradation is analytically possible

You only embarrass yourself by continuing

Right now you are just hoping you can keep the conversation going so you can find some small kernel, some morsel, of moral victory you can hang your hat on...

Ahhh... That sacred moral victory you and yours cherish so deerly..

Well hang it on this...

P.S.

Edited by Sasquatch

P.S.

You want me to do 1 to 2 hrs worth of research and typing covering 5 years worth of draft picks. You either one, have to show me the money or two, show me you are willing to do the work also. If this is a true debate; the challenge has to be answered by both parties.....laugh all you want but obviously you do not think this debate is any more important as I do; otherwise you would at least be equal the challenge.

You think you proved something; but the only thing you have proved is your unwillingness to prove your point; while showing us your ability to use bold, color, and caps...

LOL!

Nice try Sherlock.

Put up or shut up.

Suffice it to say that if you can not meet the challenge you have no basis for your hateful remarks about Billy Knight

The fact of the matter is you guys have been so over board with this non sense it should not be a difficult task at all to perform

And then to try that elementary reversal is laughable

I guess I know how to bring this issue to a close from now on...

Not to mention it is starting to look like you guys are working in shifts trying to stay afloat

When one gets busted you page the other

P.S.

You guys that defend Burger King and challenge others to do the research to prove some other GM was better then him are a joke.

And yes, I'm directing this at you.

It's easy to challenge someone else to do the homeowork if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

You do the research. Billy Knight blew lottery pick after lottery pick.

You don't want me to assess the damage because you'll be running out of this thread with your underwear between your butt cheeks.

Edited by gsuteke

Conversation Terminated not only did you not answer the question( Who has a better drafting record than BK). Pau Gasol, Boris Diaw, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Al Horford, Josh Childress to name a few (Regardless of where they are now, there should not be no denying these are pretty good players). But you attack back with the bold statement above and really it's hard to even read the rest of your paragraph.

My sentiments exactly.

Give me a clean list without that other debris

I already see that his retort is laughable.

If he does not get a clean list. I will still tear that one up.

It is laughable

Absolutely laughable

I see why they don't want to go on the record

Will cut him tomorrow

Edited by Sasquatch

You guys that defend Burger King and challenge others to do the research to prove some other GM was better then him are a joke.

And yes, I'm directing this at you.

It's easy to challenge someone else to do the homeowork if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

You do the research. Billy Knight blew lottery pick after lotter pick.

You don't want me to assess the damage because you'll be running out of this thread with your underwear between your butt cheeks.

No you are the one who is lazy.

This thread was started to show appreciation to two GMs.

If you did not like it you could have moved on.

You guys chose to make the assertion that he was no good and "less than average" or however it was phrased.

Prove it.

P.S.

Edited by Sasquatch

You want me to do 1 to 2 hrs worth of research and typing covering 5 years worth of draft picks.

Shows how baseless your argument is.

If he is as bad as you say he is you should already know who they are.

Otherwise what are you basing your criticisms on.

If you say he did not draft well

You should know who did draft well

P.S.