• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hollinger giving Josh Smith some love

dhawk

Josh Smith's shot selection

After five seasons of lamenting, "When will Josh Smith ever get it?" I'm pleased to announce that it appears he might be getting it. Through seven games, Smith has attempted nary a 3-pointer. In a related story, he's crushing his previous career high by shooting 57.3 percent from the floor, and the result has been an All-Star caliber start to his season.

I'd like to give Atlanta's much-maligned fans a little credit here as well. Ever since the middle of last season, when they began booing and heckling Smith any time he missed an ill-chosen jumper, he's seemed much more hesitant to fire away. Whatever the cause, the results have been spectacular. Already this season, he's had games of 18 points on 10 shots, 20 points on 11 shots, and 22 points on 10 shots. Throw in his usual passing and shot-blocking, and he's been a breakout performer.

If Smoove will continue to rebound, block shots, play D, etc then he will get his points and they won't be able to stop him.

His D has been impressive this year. Even if it doesn't show up in the box scores he is husteling out there. I'm sure there will be an article talking about it later this year when others start taking notice.

His D has been impressive this year. Even if it doesn't show up in the box scores he is husteling out there. I'm sure there will be an article talking about it later this year when others start taking notice.

He said he was going to focus on the little things this season, so far so good! He really is playing like a potential all-star!

the fans booing is lame and has nothing to do with his shot selection lol, he now realizes that he should not be shooting threes. With Joe,Marvn, Jamal and even Mo being able to take them why bother..

I'm one of those fans and I think its neccesary, its also pretty funny!