• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Byron Scott Fired!

NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

It was the Game 4 playoff loss to the Nuggets in NOLA that started the quicksand sinking in earnest. They almost lost by 60 at home. Then after a whole summer to toil in that memory, in their very 1st preseason tilt the Hawks went up 78-39 on them before calling off the dogs. I wondered then if Lord Byron was going to make it through the preseason then, even before two more 30+ point blowout losses to the Magic and Golden State. Back when Julian Wright was starting in the season opener they had two bench players (including Peja & Posey at the time) soaking up nearly $20 million in salary between them. They're averaging 12 points a game combined.

~lw3

I don't claim to know anything about Scott as a coach, but I think the GM probably deserves more blame than he does.

Of course the GM deserves more blame and whenever there is heat the coach always gets fired first to take the heat off the GM (or in BKs case there is a failed firing of the coach to take the heat off.) This is another case similar to McHale and Isiah where the owner says "you created this mess, you coach it then." Bower is gone once the season is over though because that team sucks and he knows it, the owner knows it but he might as well have a fighting chance of realizing whatever blueprint he had in his mind.

On Scott, his offense has consisted of "Hey Jason/Chris, run the offense." There are no plays or sets, he just lets his HOF PGs run the team on every single possession. In Jersey he got canned because Eddie Jordan basically installed the offense before leaving and Lawrence Frank and other assistants were the ones running practices probably while Scott was off playing golf. Now in NO in the midst of a losing season this guy is delaying team flights so he can get his tee time in? "Come on Byron, you're better than that!"