• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Possibilities

ahlthe3rd

Only 2 times in history has a team sent 4 players to the all star game, 2006 with the pistons and 98 with the lakers. Both times, these teams not only had the best record in the league at the all star break, but their records was better by a good margin. The pistons were 2 and a half games ahead of the second best team, and the lakers 2 games.

And all-star selections are not about the numbers. At least not just about scoring.

Crawford might be a great scorer, but his defense is atrocious and he is fairly one dimensional. Even if a wild card spot is used on a guard, there is no way he will be selected among the top 5 guards in the east (keeping in mind that that includes both point guards and SGs). Wade, Jennings, Arenas, Mo Williams, Rondo, Rose, Joe Johnson, Vince Carter are all significantly more likely to get the nod than Crawford is.

Horford is a stronger possibility given how weak at center the east is. But for the hawks to get 3 all stars they would have to be a top 2 team in the conference. If boston, orlando and/or cleveland are ahead, that fact coupled with better name recognition would make it almost impossible for the hawks to get 3 spots. Howard is a certainty. Shaq is old and done, but he is putting similar numbers in significantly less minutes, was last year's co-mvp, and can't be beat in terms of name recognition. If the cavs are top 2 in the conference, he is certainly in. And then there is Bogut, especially if Jennings doesn't make it as a guard. That is, coaches are more likely to vote Bogut in as their only milwaukee player than they are to vote Horford as the third hawks player.

Only 2 times in history has a team sent 4 players to the all star game, 2006 with the pistons and 98 with the lakers. Both times, these teams not only had the best record in the league at the all star break, but their records was better by a good margin. The pistons were 2 and a half games ahead of the second best team, and the lakers 2 games.

And all-star selections are not about the numbers. At least not just about scoring.

Crawford might be a great scorer, but his defense is atrocious and he is fairly one dimensional. Even if a wild card spot is used on a guard, there is no way he will be selected among the top 5 guards in the east (keeping in mind that that includes both point guards and SGs). Wade, Jennings, Arenas, Mo Williams, Rondo, Rose, Joe Johnson, Vince Carter are all significantly more likely to get the nod than Crawford is.

Horford is a stronger possibility given how weak at center the east is. But for the hawks to get 3 all stars they would have to be a top 2 team in the conference. If boston, orlando and/or cleveland are ahead, that fact coupled with better name recognition would make it almost impossible for the hawks to get 3 spots. Howard is a certainty. Shaq is old and done, but he is putting similar numbers in significantly less minutes, was last year's co-mvp, and can't be beat in terms of name recognition. If the cavs are top 2 in the conference, he is certainly in. And then there is Bogut, especially if Jennings doesn't make it as a guard. That is, coaches are more likely to vote Bogut in as their only milwaukee player than they are to vote Horford as the third hawks player.

Wade and Rondo should be the starters

and after Joe the best player on a top 3 team who else on those other squads are playing better basketball than Crawford this season .

Arenas ?

no Jennings ? he had a good week and now is overhyped

Rose ? I could see it if the Bulls come on strong the next few weeks

VC ? I could see VC going as the second player from a top 3 team

Mo Williams ? after his whining last year and then flopping in the playoffs they would just send Shaq who I will get to a in a moment

I could see the the Big three making it again as Ray-Ray is having a quality season but when you start ranking our players based on their play THIS YEAR against the play of others at the same position in the conference for THIS YEAR we have 4 players who are legitimately playing top 5 at their positions this year SO FAR

As Horf the only thing holding him back right now is his double doubles imo

No way Shaq is even in the picture with his play so far . he would have to have a heckuva month and push the cavs to the league best record by February to be considered

Top two seed by February and we should have 3 easily barring some dramatic dropoff in their play .

I doubt we get 4 but we are certainly in position to have a chance at 3

Wade and Rondo should be the starters

and after Joe the best player on a top 3 team who else on those other squads are playing better basketball than Crawford this season .

Arenas ?

no Jennings ? he had a good week and now is overhyped

Rose ? I could see it if the Bulls come on strong the next few weeks

VC ? I could see VC going as the second player from a top 3 team

Mo Williams ? after his whining last year and then flopping in the playoffs they would just send Shaq who I will get to a in a moment

I could see the the Big three making it again as Ray-Ray is having a quality season but when you start ranking our players based on their play THIS YEAR against the play of others at the same position in the conference for THIS YEAR we have 4 players who are legitimately playing top 5 at their positions this year SO FAR

As Horf the only thing holding him back right now is his double doubles imo

No way Shaq is even in the picture with his play so far . he would have to have a heckuva month and push the cavs to the league best record by February to be considered

Top two seed by February and we should have 3 easily barring some dramatic dropoff in their play .

I doubt we get 4 but we are certainly in position to have a chance at 3

Crawford is far from being a top 4 guard in the east. Don't let ppg cloud your perceptions. He is great for what his role is, which is instant offense off the bench. But his D is atrocious (second worst defensive rating on the team) and he is not a play maker either.

As far as shaq goes, his numbers on a per minute basis are better than Horford, and he has better name recognition, and is in a team with no other clear cut second all star.

Edited by dlpin

I think JJ and Smoove will be AS. Horford is a possibility but Lopez is probably his main competition as a backup center.

Sothron? Making a rookie mistake? No team that has 1 win out of 19 deserves an allstar and I'm pretty sure the coaches will have no mercy in this reguard especially when Horford is a good second choice behind Dwight.

Can you really put a guy on an All-Star team, best 12 or 15 in their respected league when his own team is 0-18? I know the All-Star game is a long time away, and the Nets could make a turn around...but this isn't baseball. No player on the Nets should represent the East. Not at this time, at least.

Exactly!! Joe , Smoove, Horford and yes even Crawford all have a good chance especially if we maintain our Elite status(continue winning at a high level). Another factor that will help is if we all continue to vote daily.

• Premium Member

Sothron? Making a rookie mistake? No team that has 1 win out of 19 deserves an allstar and I'm pretty sure the coaches will have no mercy in this reguard especially when Horford is a good second choice behind Dwight.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the All star game is about INDIVIDUAL play not TEAM play. I realize coaches don't look at it that way but it is in fact how it is supposed to work. Anyone whose watched Lopez play this year knows he has been on an All Star level.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the All star game is about INDIVIDUAL play not TEAM play. I realize coaches don't look at it that way but it is in fact how it is supposed to work. Anyone whose watched Lopez play this year knows he has been on an All Star level.

Allstars win games at least at worst 25-35% of games. Durant is a good example of an allstar. No matter how bad/inexperience his team is as an allstar he is going to get you a win or two.

Allstars win games at least at worst 25-35% of games. Durant is a good example of an allstar. No matter how bad/inexperience his team is as an allstar he is going to get you a win or two.

If I'm not mistaken Courtney Lee was the biggest reason for their sole win.