• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RIP - ATLANTA HAWKS

Gray Mule

:angry:

Well, so much for thinking that this Hawks team is good.

They're just "Pretty good" and nothing more. If we rate the teams in the NBA into three different

sections - - - GOOD - FAIR - POOR, This Hawks team end up as one of the top teams - - In the fair

catigory. Forget being great. The last game tells the real story.

Hawks will win a lot of games this season - - even make the playoffs - So much better than 13 win season.

But, we wanted so much more. It ain't happening. This is as good as it's going to get.

RIP - Atlanta Hawks

Killed by the Cavs

Buried by the NY's Nate

Short Obituary.

Such a short ilness - Before Christmas, they seemed to be well, and now - - - -

:ph34r:

..Talk about hitting the panic button. Dude..we're in a skid. News Flash..Its a 82 game season, and this happens...the good news is that we know what the problem is. The Backup Point spot, and hopefully Sund does something about it...4 wins in a row and all of you will be talking NBA finals again..

• Like 1

They are nothing special at this point. Horford doesn't show up against taller frontcourts but will do well against teams with no interior D, Smoove had a down December, Marvin hasn't contributed offensively, Joe will take 25 shots to get 20-25 pts, we still have no interior D, we have no PG that we can rely on, Teague barely gets off the bench when he could be used in a game like tonight in which the PG was killing us, Woody still doesn't change up his strategy well enough for us to be serious contenders, Crawford is hot or cold, Pachulia still plays no D, we have been outrebounded way too much recently, and we can't finish off an elite team when we have the lead, we can't consistently beat bona fide good teams, and we lay too many eggs against average-to-crap teams.

This team needs a wake up call and ASAP. They can't keep sulking over the Cleveland debacle if they want to, you know, wind up doing anything in the playoffs besides be graced with a second round exit.

:angry:

Well, so much for thinking that this Hawks team is good.

They're just "Pretty good" and nothing more. If we rate the teams in the NBA into three different

sections - - - GOOD - FAIR - POOR, This Hawks team end up as one of the top teams - - In the fair

catigory. Forget being great. The last game tells the real story.

Hawks will win a lot of games this season - - even make the playoffs - So much better than 13 win season.

But, we wanted so much more. It ain't happening. This is as good as it's going to get.

RIP - Atlanta Hawks

Killed by the Cavs

Buried by the NY's Nate

Short Obituary.

Such a short ilness - Before Christmas, they seemed to be well, and now - - - -

:ph34r:

What's the difference between being "great" and "winning a lot of games" Mule? Geesh, not many teams win alot of games...

Sure these last couple of L's were terrible, but that's what you go through... season's long and we'll bounce back, that's most important!

We had a great start to the season, and right now this bad spell looks dissapointing... but honestly, Hawks are still a work in progress in terms of mental strenght... That's the final hurdle for this team... that's when we'll be able to put teams away, avoid meltdowns, etc.

P.S. ... or it was just a hangover (simple explanation)! :bighat:

The difference between being good, winning a lot of games and being great?

Simple. You put a licking on most of the poor teams most of the time.

You play those teams whose record is around .500 on even terms.

Occasionally you slip up on those elite teams and win one.

You make the playoffs and may win the first round - Then, your season's over.

Great teams win those close games and their opponents know that they are the elite.

They may slip up and occasionally lose to those "Middle of the road" teams but

they generally win these. Everyone knows that they will go far in the playoffs.

Now, let's look at our beloved Hawks. Sure, the season ain't over, as some seems to

think that I'm implying. Still a lot of winnable games out there and we will win our share.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings - She's not even cleared her throat.

Last season, Hawks made the playoffs. This season's Hawks certainly should make the playoffs.

Last season, Hawks were easily eliminated in the second round. We can expect no better this time.

Our hopes and dreams of being one of the elite? In Atlanta, it's "Gone with the wind." Ain't happening.

The Injury free Atlanta Hawks have struggled against teams missing key players. They may have

won some of these games and they may not have.

They are way too inconsistent. Blow out victories where everything went right.. Hot hands. Shots

drop with ease. Winning is easy. Then, when the shots don't fall, they can't grind it out and win.

If the jumpers don't fall, if the 3's aren't there, there's no place else to go.

Defense. Our staple. That and rebounding is suppoe to hold us together. Sometimes it just fades

away and no one seems to know where it went.

Cleveland @ Atlanta saw this Hawks team sleepwalk thru the end of the 3re quarter and well into the 4th.

How long can a group of five players go without scoring a single point? Hawks seemed to be trying

for the record. While it's true, they may have had a Christmas hangover, surely someone would have

had the blind luck to drop one in - - - These are professionals - - Making big $$$ to drop the ball in the hole.

With much of the NBA world looking on and playing on their own home floor, this should have been enough

to sober them up completly. Maybe it was. They gave a good account of themselves the next night.

Cleveland, being the home team, was assured that King James could do no wrong and, with the aid

of a crooked clock, Hawks lost again.

We have protested the timing of the end and may yet get this one. But, that's two in a row to the team

that so easily eliminated us last season. What makes any of us believe the outcome would be any

different now after watching those games??

Have you noticed a trend? These Hawks play well for 3 quarters. Usually they are ahead or "Right there"

at the end of 3. Unfortunately, in the NBA, as opposed to hockey, which has 3 periods, we must play four.

I'm a football fan. Watch the 4th quarter of most games, regardless of level. Two fairly evenly matched teams

will battle it out for 3 quarters and the game is won or lost in the 4th quarter. Whichever team is in the best

physical shape or who has the deepest bench will be highly favored.

What is wrong with this team? Again last night, we had a nice lead with about 8 minutes to go.

All we had to do was trade baskets for 8 minutes - You score, I score, You score, I score. Couldn't

do it. Couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen, so we got out. Sure, Nate was red hot. We couldn't

stop him. Couldn't touch him. But, when the defense tightened up, we couldn't keep up the pace.

Oh, yeah. Hawks are going to win games - Many more before this season is over. We're good.

Now great? Forget it. Let that thought RIP. We know nowit was just a dream. If we stay healthy

and don't take too many quarters off to do our sleepwalk, we will do O.K. Not great, just O.K.

This team has too many weak joints where they spring a leak. Our bench, which we thought was

one of the better ones in the NBA has let us down. Shorter rotations - Did we think it would be

different than before? A young PG that can't get on the floor. Remember Acie Law? Is he back

on the roster in the disguise of Jeff Teague? Where was he last night when Nate was going off?

He might not have stopped him - no one probably could have - but, he's younger and faster than

Bibby and certainly had a better chance of slowing him down.

Mediocre Marvin has not stepped up his game as he should. Is it his fault because he won't be

more aggressive on the floor - Or do we blame it on the game plan? He's better than this.

Joe Johnson - Hot and cold. Bibby - slowing a step. Mediocre Marvin. Child prodigy J Smoove.

Undersized center in Horford. Crawford - As in JJ, hot and cold. Zaza - he tries.

RIP all our dreams of greatness.

Killed by King James

Buried by Nate.

• Like 1

LOL seriously I'm so sick and tired of you so called " fans" complaining and overreacting after EVERY single loss. IT happens, if you're not willing to be down through the entire season. Then why even call yourself a fans of the hawks in the first place?? :shake_puter:

Edited by jsmoovefan
  • Like 2

POPEYE SAYS, "WELL BLOW ME DOWN". i am usually the first one to antagonise the hawks, but i beleive yall need to step back a little bit. even i see the world is not coming to an end. frfeit the season and mail it in.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

a player gets hot and lights up your whole team. it can happen and it happens to the best of them.like oneposter said its not like we dont know what the problem is.

lets just hope sund and management are willing to fix it.

yea a top team isnt suppose to loose 3 in a row but look at whom we lost to. we lost to a team that dismantled the lakers and is right now playing the best ball in the east. we probably caught new yorks signature game of the season.

POPEYE SAYS, "WELL BLOW ME DOWN". i am usually the first one to antagonise the hawks, but i beleive yall need to step back a little bit. even i see the world is not coming to an end. frfeit the season and mail it in.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

a player gets hot and lights up your whole team. it can happen and it happens to the best of them.like oneposter said its not like we dont know what the problem is.

lets just hope sund and management are willing to fix it.

yea a top team isnt suppose to loose 3 in a row but look at whom we lost to. we lost to a team that dismantled the lakers and is right now playing the best ball in the east. we probably caught new yorks signature game of the season.

Don't forget that NY won in Atlanta about 3 weeks ago also.

LOL wow talk about overreacting. One word: SKID.

We gotta learn how to hold on to games.... we let a 16 point lead get away in the 4th against the Cavs (On LeBrons B-Day, no surprise we lost this game, got screwed) and then a 14 point lead against the Knicks (People are sleeping on this team, I think they will make the playoffs).

Don't panic just yet.

...we still have no interior D...

I agree with most of your post TT...but not on this point. For a team that starts a 6'9 1/2" center and a 6'8" PF (neither of which are Barkley-types)...we do pretty good in the paint. Let's face it, we are still trying to overcome the "draft all forwards" GM that we finally got around to firing.

As far as G-Mule's analysis...I would guess he is hitting it pretty much on the button. But you never know - the Arizona Cardinals got to the Superbowl last year...(of course they didn't have to contend with NBA referees).