• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ORLANDO . . . what is wrong with you guys?

TheNorthCydeRises

I think the point of this thread has been circumvented a bit because all North wanted to point out in a satirical manner was that the Magic are 7-7 in their last 14 games and have lost 3 straight to under .500 teams yet are still considered an elite team because of their overall record and obviously what they did in the past.

Honestly if we were in their position certain posters would be talking about how we've only beaten on s*** teams and how the only good teams they've beaten "Utah is garbage on the road" "Houston is playing without their best two players" and "Portland were never anything special to begin with even before the injuries." In addition to that they would be overemphasizing the losses to Phoenix, a healthy Boston team, the national TV blowout to Miami and God forbid the last three stinkers especially one to an Indiana team that was just blown out by 43 points the game before.

At this point in the season, wins and losses are all relative people. Our win streaks and losing streaks are relative to other teams ahead and behind us' win streaks and loss streaks. The vaunted Eastern Conference defending champs have shown chinks in their armor but given our last few head to head matchups and the fact they were in the Finals last season people look at them as a juggernaut and make statements like they are more worried about the teams behind us catching us than us catching them.

We are 1 and 1/2 games behind the Magic.

The closest team under us is 4 and a 1/2 behind us.

The head to head matchups do bother me and it remains to be seen how we come out against the Magic tomorrow but I don't put as much stock into the Finals appearance as others do. The Eastern Conference has sent what? 8 different representatives to the Finals over the past decade, only two teams had a repeat appearance and 3 different teams have won. It goes to show just how porous the conference is and how there are no dynasties over on our side. A Finals berth doesn't set you far apart from your peers as any team can get hot at the right time and break through.

Right now only 4 and 1/2 games separate the 4th best team in the conference from the best team in the conference, that shows that no matter how badly we've struggled apparently so has the competition.

I think the point of this thread has been circumvented a bit because all North wanted to point out in a satirical manner was that the Magic are 7-7 in their last 14 games and have lost 3 straight to under .500 teams yet are still considered an elite team because of their overall record and obviously what they did in the past.

Honestly if we were in their position certain posters would be talking about how we've only beaten on s*** teams and how the only good teams they've beaten "Utah is garbage on the road" "Houston is playing without their best two players" and "Portland were never anything special to begin with even before the injuries." In addition to that they would be overemphasizing the losses to Phoenix, a healthy Boston team, the national TV blowout to Miami and God forbid the last three stinkers especially one to an Indiana team that was just blown out by 43 points the game before.

At this point in the season, wins and losses are all relative people. Our win streaks and losing streaks are relative to other teams ahead and behind us' win streaks and loss streaks. The vaunted Eastern Conference defending champs have shown chinks in their armor but given our last few head to head matchups and the fact they were in the Finals last season people look at them as a juggernaut and make statements like they are more worried about the teams behind us catching us than us catching them.

We are 1 and 1/2 games behind the Magic.

The closest team under us is 4 and a 1/2 behind us.

The head to head matchups do bother me and it remains to be seen how we come out against the Magic tomorrow but I don't put as much stock into the Finals appearance as others do. The Eastern Conference has sent what? 8 different representatives to the Finals over the past decade, only two teams had a repeat appearance and 3 different teams have won. It goes to show just how porous the conference is and how there are no dynasties over on our side. A Finals berth doesn't set you far apart from your peers as any team can get hot at the right time and break through.

Right now only 4 and 1/2 games separate the 4th best team in the conference from the best team in the conference, that shows that no matter how badly we've struggled apparently so has the competition.

Yes it is all relative and Orlando did the samething last season. They had a great start, then faded some and finished by closing out better than anyone else in the conference even though they had lost their starting PG. My whole point is if we really are to be considered their equals we need to sieze chances like now when one or more of the big three are in a down cycle. Instead we go into a funk as well.

Until we catch them and stay there, speaking out like we are their equals, Easter Conference Champions, just because we are only this much behind them is presumptious; especially as you point out we have a hard time beating them even in our home.

Edited by Buzzard

Yes it is all relative and Orlando did the samething last season. They had a great start, then faded some and finished by closing out better than anyone else in the conference even though they had lost their starting PG. My whole point is if we really are to be considered their equals we need to sieze chances like now when one or more of the big three are in a down cycle. Instead we go into a funk as well.

Until we catch them and stay there, speaking out like we are their equals, Easter Conference Champions, just because we are only this much behind them is presumptious; especially as you point out we have a hard time beating them even in our home.

I'm not saying we are their equals but to say we are their doormats is a bit presumptuous also. My post addresses your posts in particular where you were claiming Toronto/Chicago/Miami are more likely to usurp us than us overtaking any of the big three due to our slump. I'm simply claiming that by that logic Chicago/Toronto/Miami could easily enter the big 3 as well seeing as there is no reason for them to stop after they make up the 4 game cushion we have, why not win that extra game and enter the elite?

I'm not saying we are their equals but to say we are their doormats is a bit presumptuous also. My post addresses your posts in particular where you were claiming Toronto/Chicago/Miami are more likely to usurp us than us overtaking any of the big three due to our slump. I'm simply claiming that by that logic Chicago/Toronto/Miami could easily enter the big 3 as well seeing as there is no reason for them to stop after they make up the 4 game cushion we have, why not win that extra game and enter the elite?

I just think barring injury the Big three are going to stay the Big three and our real worry should be staying ahead of the lower two or three teams. This was our biggest worry at the start of the season; but due to our hot start, we (myself included) forgot how well teams like Chicago, Toronto, and Miami played last season and/or improved their rosters over last season.

We are in the tougher division by a long shot so far this season; which is another reason someone like Chicago or even Toronto (a team we have crushed this year) may be able to sneak in and catch us by virtue of playing a much easier division schedule.

Edited by Buzzard

@ Crawful . . . . right on the money

Damn . . . should I even mention that they lost AGAIN?

Blew a 10 ptlead @ Washington in which they go on a 23 - 5 run in the quarter?

Vince Carter did get hurt in the game in the 2nd qtr though. not sure about his status tomorrow.

So after all of the drama over the holiday weekends, if we win tomorrow night, we're 24 - 12 . . .3rd in the conference . . and most important, 1st in the division.

So, Orlando sucks.

What does that say about us?

To quote northcyde and Tiger....it is what it is.

:friends1: Could not help myself. We will be just fine and hopefully we do what good teams do and rebound off this bad loss quickly.