• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby needs to come off the Bench

DjGrizz

Perhaps you see a lot more value of summer league than I do because I really can't imagine that limited amount of activity would determine whether a player is going to get minutes during the regular season. Plus Teague proved in pre-season (minus the Orlando game) that he can run the team when he put up very good stats and I think that's a hell of a lot more important than summer league games. And as far as I can remember Lawson was pretty bad in the summer league until the very end and I don't know about Blair.

Summer league for a combo guard making the transition to a nba pg is very important .The preseason games he was fine but he wasnt really in a situation similar to now though now was he ?

The bottom line is that there is no excuse for Teague to get a DNP-CD or for him to play 3, 4, or 5 minutes in a game. He has easily shown enough in the sporadic minutes that he's gotten to earn a consistent amount of minutes each and every game and IMO that should be 12-15 per game otherwise we'll keep on wondering why Teague isn't getting any better, but how can he if he isn't getting minutes.

He has played in 33 of the 38 games which is great for a rookie . So even if he plays poorly he should never come out ? Its amazing how many want him to get his token minutes and the complaining thats going on even though the season is not even halfway over yet doesnt make any sense . Teague has not shown that he is ready to play consistently on the road in the nba and its not surprising hes a rookie. So if the coach uses half the season get him acclimated to travel and routines then Im all for it. I fully expect his minutes to go up after the all star break but I also know that hes playing behind another guard who is playing as well as any guard in the league this year and that makes it awfully tough to divide minutes when you are trying to attack certain matchups .

He has played in 33 of the 38 games which is great for a rookie . So even if he plays poorly he should never come out ?

I think you may set a board record for strawman arguments in this thread.

Teague has not shown that he is ready to play consistently on the road in the nba and its not surprising hes a rookie.

Last game was at home. Teague isn't getting minutes regardless of where they play. The only time he gets any significant minutes is when the Hawks are up over 20 pts. It doesn't matter if it is a road game or not.

• Moderators

I didn't say that we were bringing him along slowly (we are although it's extremely slowly and poorly), but he's getting far fewer and more random minutes than I'd like him to get. I'm just not ready to have him replace Bibby as the starter or have him in there when the game is on the line.

That is very close to my position. I don't mind having him in there when the game is on the line if he playing well, though. Bibby is on the decline and we will pay the piper if we don't develop Teague.

So we lack an identity ? what are you talking about ? We are top ten team in the nba in assists you really should just stop while you are ahead .

48 minute stats mean little as no one averages 48 mpg . Do you really believe that if we played Teague 48 mpg he would average 9 assists per game . Im sure Ridnour ,Telfair and other perennial backups fans would say the same thing but it doesnt mean that would be whats best for the team .

You seem to think that somehow if we start teague the ball would flow through Teague over Joe and thats just ridiculous . If the argument was start Teague because we could get out into the transition faster and increase our pace then I could buy that argument but it would still come down to Teague not being anywhere near as good as Bibby in the halfcourt .

Teague hasnt shown he can shoot the three or get to the line, has trouble finishing and considering hes not a pure pass first pg hes not gonna get many consistent minutes on any team without showing improvement in those areas but still Woody has gotten him in against certain matchups .

He plays well against Boykins and people want him matched up against the 6'4 Foye ? 6'6 nick young ? seriously .....

Woody is doing a great job with Teague and I expect to see him more after the all star break . Hes gotten spot minutes and will have a chance to see all the team and players at least once . We have one 4 game trip right after the all star break and then start feeding Teague consistent minutes as we have no more than 2 road games in a row the rest of the season.

This post really made me laugh. For one, we do not have an identity, but continue to look at the stat sheets and assume because were a 'top ten' team in assist, we must run a 'tight' offense. Please.....This team has NO identity on offense, I guess you could argue we have a transition game, but that is spotty at best. So PLEASE save your mediocre simplistic thoughts about our offense.

48 min stats DO matter. Trying to compare Teague to Ridnour and Telfair is laughable....Teague plays great defense, and if you don't see that he would be one of the top in steals at PG if he got adequate playing time you're obviously just not watching the same game I am.

As far as you saying the ball would not move through him but rather through JJ....... I understand your sentiment, but were not a great half-court team, maybe if we had a point guard that could facilitate rather than sit on the three point line, we could have better sets. If you're happy with mediocrity, I don't know what to tell you.

I agree that Teague has been terrible from three, but what do you expect from a guy that gets 2-3 minutes a game and a lot of DNP's in the box score? As far as getting to the line, you're dead wrong about that one. He's shot over 25 FT's in limited playing time while knocking them down at an 87% clip. What exactly do you expect?!?! Earl Boykins in not the only PG he's played well against pleaseeee......he kept one of the quickest and most athletic guard (Rondo) in front of him when givin' the opportunity. You act as though Teague is 5'11" NEWSFLASH: He's 6'2"!!! Taller than Bibby, haha.

And finally, this quote is what made me realize you are either high, delusional, or downright crazy...'Woody is doing a great job with Teague'

Anyone who has watched our games and came to that conclusion CANNOT be serious! If you really think he's done a good job with Teague, you need to get your eyes checked! You must think Woody is a good x's and o's coach as well, lol.

I understand the argument against Teague starting, but to argue that he is getting plenty of playing time is just dumb and I cannot continue to entertain peoples delusional thoughts. Teague should AT LEAST be getting 13-15 minutes a game, otherwise will have another Acie on our hands in no time.

Uhhh... are you looking at the same stats that I am there? Lawson was every bit as good of a scorer as teague, more effecient, and then was TREMENDOUSLY better at getting other players involved. Did you happen to watch any of the NCAA tournament?

I'm not arguing that Lawson didn't have better stats, as he should since he had 1 more year of college and far better teammates. The ONLY SIGNIFICANT difference is in assists and you won't hear me argue that Lawson isn't more of a pure PG but he also had the benefit of being on a far superior team. What I want to know from these stats is how they are "not on the same level" as you claim.

Draft Position

Teague: 19

Lawson: 18

Games

Teague: 31

Lawson: 35

PPG

Teague: 18.8

Lawson: 16.6

FG

Teague: 180 - 371

Lawson: 182 - 342

FG%

Teague: .485

Lawson: .532

FT

Teague: 179 - 219

Lawson: 166 - 208

FT%

Teague: .817

Lawson: .798

3PT

Teague: 45 - 102

Lawson: 51 - 108

3PT%

Teague: .441

Lawson: .472

Rebounds

Teague: 102 (3.29/pg)

Lawson: 104 (2.97/pg)

Assists

Teague: 110 (3.54/pg)

Lawson: 230 (6.57/pg)

Steals

Teague: 58 (1.87/pg)

Lawson: 75 (2.14/pg)

Blocks

Teague: 20 (.67/pg)

Lawson: 5 (.14/pg)

Bibby shot 47% from 3 in november. Since then he hasn't done much from 3 or anywhere else. Add in the fact that he is a huge defensive liability who can't create on offense and there is no reason why Teague can't get more minutes.

OK so Bibby was at 47% in November - lets round that up to 50% for the sake of easy math (we will round down later to make it fair). 50% from three =

OK so Bibby was at 47% in November - lets round that up to 50% for the sake of easy math (we will round down later to make it fair). 50% from three =

Not surprisingly you missed the point. From Dec 1 until now he hasn't shot well and isn't bringing much else to the table. Against the Wizards he had two points in 26 minutes and got dogged by Randy Foye.