• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do you feel about bringing in Stackhouse?

00Blink

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64033/20100114/with_preference_for_atlanta_stackhouse_hopes_for_nba_return/

I think that just makes us a deeper, more frightening team....we can then bring an entire second unit in with...

Blink

Craw

Stackz/Evans

Smith

Pachulia

nice blend of youth and veteran on the second unit....look at what the Spurs do with older, wily vets

I'm ALL for it

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

I'd rather have Rio than Stackhouse

I don't know man...I like Rio's energy and all...but he seems like a wild child running loose at recess. I will say he sacrifice his body, but he do throw his body everywhere and into everyone...OTH, Stackhouse has sat out the league a year...rejuvenated his body and energy and mental...and seems intent on making a statement by coming back to the NBA. His veteran presence and playoff experience could bode well for this team. He's a scorer who's poised to make a comeback.

I wouldnt mind Stack, but dam it feels good having vets thinking that we are a contender. Maybe other vets will start thinking about the Hawks now. Having Stack will have to give us the best second unit in the NBA

The cost to sign Stackhouse declines each day. Currently, it would cost the Hawks ~400K to sign Stackhouse.

If he is fine with not getting playing time, I have zero problems with it. He'd be great insurance.

Agree !

As long as he fine getting the veteran's minum of around $800 K.

That would equate to about $400 K pro-rata since the regualar season is about half way over.

The cost to sign Stackhouse declines each day. Currently, it would cost the Hawks ~400K to sign Stackhouse.

If he is fine with not getting playing time, I have zero problems with it. He'd be great insurance.

^^^what he said^^^

because I don't want to take away anymore from Blink than we already have taken away....but the insurance and the ability to start resting Joe even more during games an extra 3-5 minutes so he'll be able to be more rested come playoff time

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

• Premium Member

I don't know man...I like Rio's energy and all...but he seems like a wild child running loose at recess. I will say he sacrifice his body, but he do throw his body everywhere and into everyone...OTH, Stackhouse has sat out the league a year...rejuvenated his body and energy and mental...and seems intent on making a statement by coming back to the NBA. His veteran presence and playoff experience could bode well for this team. He's a scorer who's poised to make a comeback.

He's 35 and hasn't done anything in two years. If he was rejuvenated surely someone would have picked him up by now.

He's 35 and hasn't done anything in two years. If he was rejuvenated surely someone would have picked him up by now.

Joe Smith is dam near just as old...and he spent two years getting his body right, back from injury....in a role similar to Joe Smith, he could provide about 5 minutes a game and on occassion when Joe is tired or in foul trouble or if he has to take some personal time, give about 10-15 mins

I think bringing Stack in would stunt the growth of someone, whether it be Blink or Rio, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong thing to do. It's all a matter of opinion. Do we stick with what we got and continue to try and get the young guys some time...or do we improve our bench and add another vet for a serious championship run (not like we're not serious now, but the signing would open some eyes). The thing is, if we sign Stack, he's going to play. He's not going to sit out as long as he has, and worked on being healthy to come back and ride the pine. He will take minutes from people, that I'm pretty sure of that.

I think bringing Stack in would stunt the growth of someone, whether it be Blink or Rio, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong thing to do. It's all a matter of opinion. Do we stick with what we got and continue to try and get the young guys some time...or do we improve our bench and add another vet for a serious championship run (not like we're not serious now, but the signing would open some eyes). The thing is, if we sign Stack, he's going to play. He's not going to sit out as long as he has, and worked on being healthy to come back and ride the pine. He will take minutes from people, that I'm pretty sure of that.

Nice, valuable opinion. But like someone stated, he would have to be okay with 10 minutes a game...I personally think he could be much more valuable than Rio. For the game Rio had last night (career best), he still looked a bit out of control. He just seems out of control to me.

I'm not necessarily against bringing in Stack because I think he brings something valuable to the table, but doing so, I think your 2nd unit now becomes....

Crawford

Evans

Stackhouse

Smith

Pachulia

That relegates Teague to even more limited PT than he's seeing now.

• Premium Member

I have no problems signing Stack and giving him some run. Frankly we have the guys to do a full second team shift on its own merit and Woodson should be using it as such.

Screw the young guys. We are a contender now. We need to win now!

:laughing5: I don't think we have to screw anyone over :handshake:

I think we could rotate Stack and Evans and see who presents the better matchup opportunity (Stacks-slash/shooter and Evans spot-up shooter/defense?) and who is having the better game as to who is going to get majority of the cleanup time...also, if/whenever Marvin is in a slump and/or sleepwalking, split some of his time

I have no problems signing Stack and giving him some run. Frankly we have the guys to do a full second team shift on its own merit and Woodson should be using it as such.

I concur...it's what veteran, contending teams do...build a deep and strong bench...plus it would be a "nice" problem to have, a bench TOO DEEP to divy the minutes equally...it's the same problem that Orlando is having with Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass...there is rumblings that they want to be traded because they are not getting enough playing time now that Ryan Anderson has emerged...BUT, they are extremely deep...and so COULD we

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64033/20100114/with_preference_for_atlanta_stackhouse_hopes_for_nba_return/

I think that just makes us a deeper, more frightening team....we can then bring an entire second unit in with...

Blink

Craw

Stackz/Evans

Smith

Pachulia

nice blend of youth and veteran on the second unit....look at what the Spurs do with older, wily vets

I'm ALL for it

We better sign him; because if y'all havent noticed we are beginning to use a Craw/JJ backcourt in the 4th. That means that Woody is going to become comfortable with this and JJ's minutes are going to start to climb.

We better sign him; because if y'all havent noticed we are beginning to use a Craw/JJ backcourt in the 4th. That means that Woody is going to become comfortable with this and JJ's minutes are going to start to climb.

more reason for the season...add veteran presence to decrease JJs minutes

I concur...it's what veteran, contending teams do...build a deep and strong bench...plus it would be a "nice" problem to have, a bench TOO DEEP to divy the minutes equally...it's the same problem that Orlando is having with Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass...there is rumblings that they want to be traded because they are not getting enough playing time now that Ryan Anderson has emerged...BUT, they are extremely deep...and so COULD we

It's a nice problem to have as long as Woodrow is able to handle that responsibility...You're right.

I'm under the impression that if we we're able to bring him in, at the 400k range, really, it couldn't hurt. Most, if not all, championship teams have a solid bench. Stack would solidify that aspect of our team IF he's still got some gas left in the tank. Everything over the summer until now points that he does, but if so, why has no other team has looked at him or gone further and signed him?

Let's say Stack is still capable of producing, and he brings in his leadership and experience. With where we're sitting today, 25 wins...all that jazz, how could you not take a chance at this point? I think the major issue with signing Stack would be cutting into an already low number of minutes for our rook...which is a valid argument. But, we're GOOD right now, without a huge contribution from Teague. Who knows how long that window of us being in this position will last? Win now, and bring anyone in who could help us! If Stack still can do it, go for it!