• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JAMAL JAMAL JAMAL OMG WHAT A SHOT!

Admin

Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby are the only two players that has the mental toughness to take the Game Winning Shot with confidence. Joe is our best player, but I feel that he just isn't as confident as Jamal and Mike is during clutch situations. I'm definitely buying a Jamal Crawford jersey soon.

• Premium Member

I feel like there is too much bashing of Joe's clutch shooting on this thread. He has hit a lot of game winners with us.

He has hit plenty of clutch shots. Most of them were a year or two ago, but there's a reason for that - teams now focus so much of their attention on JJ during last plays now that he has a very tough time getting a good look. I remember he rimmed out a contested fadeaway catch-and-shoot 3 with two hands in his face last year against Cleveland. That was the best look he got at a game-winner since the beginning of last year. Every other time, he either hasn't gotten the ball at all (like last night) because teams double him even before the inbounds pass, and certainly doesn't get a good look once he gets the ball.

He has hit PLENTY of other clutch shots though. I remember the Wizards-Hawks game clearly last year where he nailed a trey to cut the lead to 1 with about 40 seconds left (Marvin hit a go-ahead shot a couple possessions later), and against the Sixers where he hit a three with a 3 when we were up 2 and about 10 seconds left. And of course, he went nuts on Boston in the fourth a few nights ago. None of those were game-winners (I don't think he's hit a game winning buzzer-beater in a couple years), but really the opportunity to get a true game-winner is pretty rare in the NBA.

Edited by niremetal

im still pumped .... it was around 1100PM when the game ended and i remember being sleepy before the shot. then after the shot i got so much energy that i played call of duty for 3 more hours and leveld up like 3 times lol. crawesome!

I was behind, so I made my own Friday double header by watching the Celtics game from Monday then the Suns game from last night. I was dozing off towards the end of the Suns game, but wound up coming to when we were down by 4 with a minute to go.

I would like to publicly retract all of the negative statements I had for Crawford after we let Flip walk. I still love Flip, but Crawford is an amazing upgrade. I think it's time I purchased a Sund #08 jersey.