• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When Hawks last beat the Spurs in Texas

jerrywest

• Premium Member

* and Zaza was 25 for real in 97.

I actually never got that criticism/joke. For a guy who's 6'11, he doesn't exactly look ancient for 25.

Also, he was born in the USSR. For all their other faults, the Soviets were very good at recordkeeping. They liked to keep damned close tabs on the population. They had a complicated internal passport system, etc, and you couldn't do much of anything if your various identity documents didn't match.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

Zaza must have been 13 or less when he started his pro career

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/337061-pachulias-days-with-hawks-could-be-numbered/page__hl__turkey__fromsearch__1

read through this thread if you are interested.

Dude, lots of Euro teams (including Ülkerspor, the team Zaza was with) have associated junior teams for players not yet old enough to compete in actual Euroleague games. Rubio and Darko were both 15 when they first joined junior pro teams. I think Sabonis was 13 or 14. It's not at all unusual.

• Moderators

Have the Hawks ever swept the dreaded Texas Triangle?

~lw3

I got my answer, looks like it was 1990-91

12/4/1990 Hawks 113 Rockets 110 (Woody didn't play for the Rockets in that game, although he was on their roster in his last season)

12/5/1990 Hawks 110 Spurs 108

3/15/1991 Hawks 127 Mavs 117

Hawks were only 43-39 by seasons' end, while the Spurs were Midwest champs (55-27), the Rockets were 6th in the West (52-30), and the Mavs had fallen off (28-54) after losing Roy Tarpley.

~lw3