• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't you just love the KJRP on here after a Hawk win/loss?

MVP23

Typical HS post after a Hawk win- YEAH! We're Elite! Joe Johnson is GOAT, Al Horford is an all star, Woody isn't that bad of a coach!!

Typical HS post after a Hawk Loss- FIRE WOODY! Trade Marvin! send Teague to the D League!!! etc etc

People, its a long long season, and last night proved that. This team is so .500 without Crawford and Zaza (yeah, Zaza) its not funny. We know this. But they will be back in time for the playoffs, when it matters. Relax, take a deep breathe..enjoy All Star weekend.

• Like 3

But, then there are others who rationally can see the flaws with this team and want to discuss solutions. Until we win a Championship all facets of the team are up for discussion. Cleveland is on an insane winning streak and people are still talking about changes to make them better. Same for LA and other squads. Atlanta fans have a history of being complacent and not keeping pressure on the local management to bring us a championship. The Braves were the exception. They made almost every move they could. People respected that and just accepted that many times we lost because the other team just had a better run. The Hawks have a chance to solidify this team as an elite team. One win or one loss shouldn't change the thought process.

Don't you love confirmation Bias? If someone thinks that Marvin sucks then they will see 3 nice games as outliers and once he has another bad game they will make a post about it because how could ANYONE disagree after last night? If someone thinks the offense sucks then games where the offense does great they don't bat an eyelash but the time they lose its armageddon. When people hate woodson they blame woodson for every loss and most of the wins. (Seriously.. I think the Hawks would be undefeated if it wasn't for Woodson in some people's eyes). No matter what you come into a game believing, if you get more evidence then it will just CONFIRM beyond any doubt that you were right, and if not hten you'll just wait until next game to be proven right.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Typical HS post after a Hawk win- YEAH! We're Elite! Joe Johnson is GOAT, Al Horford is an all star, Woody isn't that bad of a coach!!

Typical HS post after a Hawk Loss- FIRE WOODY! Trade Marvin! send Teague to the D League!!! etc etc

Actually, I think the trade Marvin post happen win or loss...

• Premium Member

Don't you love confirmation Bias? If someone thinks that Marvin sucks then they will see 3 nice games as outliers and once he has another bad game they will make a post about it because how could ANYONE disagree after last night? If someone thinks the offense sucks then games where the offense does great they don't bat an eyelash but the time they lose its armageddon. When people hate woodson they blame woodson for every loss and most of the wins. (Seriously.. I think the Hawks would be undefeated if it wasn't for Woodson in some people's eyes). No matter what you come into a game believing, if you get more evidence then it will just CONFIRM beyond any doubt that you were right, and if not hten you'll just wait until next game to be proven right.

Hate to point this out but we have a history of watching Marvin suck, play 3 good games and going back to sucking again. That's what has driven people crazy about him. He doesn't seem to care unless he is forced to. Last year, he cared because it was a contract year. This season, he has put together these three good games because Smoove jumped on him a few weeks ago.

Me personally, I don't want to relive the Alan Henderson years. Having 3 allstar players (Deke, Mookie, Smitty or JJ, Smoove, and Horf) and being not enough because we have lack of depth on the bench and a guy who just doesn't care but is sucking up money like he should.

People, its a long long season, and last night proved that. This team is so .500 without Crawford and Zaza (yeah, Zaza) its not funny. We know this. But they will be back in time for the playoffs, when it matters. Relax, take a deep breathe..enjoy All Star weekend.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim: :thumbsdownsmileyanim: :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

POT MEET KETTLE!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

Yep, but I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why Marvin threads are that necessary. It's not like the Hawks are relying on his offensive abilities to succeed.

He is what he is.

Marvin is always going to be a lightning rod on this board. It's not just me. Most of the time nowadays, I don't start anything. It's fed up fans. Marvin is still the highest pick that the Hawks have ever had. We gave him a second contract because we were in a bad position. Therefore, everytime that lazy, no good, do nothing part of Marvin shows up, Fed up fans see Paul, Deron, Bynum, Granger, Lee Even Villanueva and Felton that we passed up on. It's not purposely, but it's subliminally. ON top of that, there are still this group of people who sit around and coddle Marvin as if he were a rookie. They make excuses for him... every day. The point is Marvin is a grown man making 7.5 Million dollars. Marvin needs to man up and do more. He has the tools, but he'd rather think about being the world's best grocery bagger or the world's best rubix cube solver.

Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member

Hey I give most you a pound keeping it real. You've never wavered on your disapproval of Marvin and I honestly respect that. We see it everyday. A guy has a couple good games and were calling him GOAT then the same guy has a bad game and we're calling for his head.

but....

I don't have an issue with a guy blowing off steam after a loss. We're all fanatical about this team or else we wouldn't be posting these meaningless messages.