• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we don't make a move we're giving up on this season.

MVP23

MVP23- if the Hawks still had expriing contracts then lots more people would be saying "pull the trigger!" on a trade. But right now the Hawks are one player away- but would have to trade away at least 1 or 2 core players to that 1 more player. But then even after that trade the hawks still might be 1 player away.

The fact of the matter is the hawks made their deadline deal when they acquired Jamal Crawford- buit they got him for a whole season instead of just a couple months.

If the hawks really had the finals as the goal of the team this year then I think they would have spend the MLE in the offeseason like every other contender did.

Edited by spotatl

I just don't get it. We're so close. all we need is ONE piece, and we're legit Finals contenders. Why sit on our hands and knees, let Joe walk (Joe is walking after this year btw) and be back at square one?? Are you people that brainwashed that you think its ok to continue to "build" even if we are a player away??

Who is that one piece? And how do we get him?

People on this board have repeatedly said what we don't have as trade pieces. We could trade for a minor piece, but not a major piece. And we probably need a major one to contend for a title.

It we still had Speedy's 5 million + Acie's 2 million + if we didn't offer Marvin an extension andlet him play for his 7 million qualifying offer . . . . NOW you're talking about major trade pieces we could dangle at a team that wishes to unload a guy they're trying to get rid of.

But we made our move this past summer, when we used Acie and Speedy to get Crawford, and we re-signed Marvin to that multi year deal. So the only thing we can bring in, is a minor piece. And that may not be enought to even get us out of the 2nd round.

This is honestly one trade deadline I'm not worried about at all. The only thing I hope, is that Miami gets NO ONE by Thursday.

If you rumored a trade of Marvin and Zaza for Chris Bosh...

Who the hell would be dumb enough to believe a rumor like that? If you are going to start a dumb rumor why not go all the way and say Bibby, Evans, and Zaza for Lebron?

Edited by spotatl

THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH THIS THREAD

Yes, all good Hawk fans want to win it all. Not a single one of us would dispute that.

What's the problem? Everyone wants that big, over 7 ft. tall center who can outdo Superman.

We all want that point guard that would make CP3 look like a d-leaguer when compared to our PG.

Now, quit building air castles. Put some meat on those bones.

Hawks should trade _____________ for _______________ and trade _____________ for ___________ .

Remember, none of that dream stuff. It's gotta work AND be something that both teams has a reasonable

chance of saying, "All right, that's a deal."

:helpsmilie:

• Like 2

• Moderators

THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM WITH THIS THREAD

Yes, all good Hawk fans want to win it all. Not a single one of us would dispute that.

What's the problem? Everyone wants that big, over 7 ft. tall center who can outdo Superman.

We all want that point guard that would make CP3 look like a d-leaguer when compared to our PG.

Now, quit building air castles. Put some meat on those bones.

Hawks should trade _____________ for _______________ and trade _____________ for ___________ .

Remember, none of that dream stuff. It's gotta work AND be something that both teams has a reasonable

chance of saying, "All right, that's a deal."

:helpsmilie:

Amen! Posters, if we're really one piece away from Parades on Peachtree, NAME THE PIECE AND HOW EXACTLY WE'LL GET SAID PIECE.

PEACE!

~lw3

Amen! Posters, if we're really one piece away from Parades on Peachtree, NAME THE PIECE AND HOW EXACTLY WE'LL GET SAID PIECE.

PEACE!

~lw3

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzjpjzy .....plus our pick

I'm not saying this is the trade we should make, I'm just saying posters are acting like its impossible to make a trade that would help us.

• Premium Member

I'm not saying this is the trade we should make, I'm just saying posters are acting like its impossible to make a trade that would help us.

Mo and Teague for Jared Dudley and Earl Clark? That's your "move to not give up on the season"??? I don't even think that will help us (we would have zero PGs on the roster besides Bibby). It sure as hell doesn't do a thing to dispel what everyone's been saying about there not being viable trades that would improve us more than marginally. That trade proposal doesn't even do enough to rise to the level of tinkering.

Edited by niremetal

g

Well, yes, we could throw away Jeff Teague midway through his rookie season to get a player who's marginally better than Mo Evans. Making a trade for the sake of making a trade doesn't really get us deeper in the playoffs.

The point is those are the only kinds of trades we could make. We're not going to net a significant piece with what we have to offer. Yeah, we could trade Josh or Joe and get someone, but no one wants to do that. That's the type of thinking that gets Dominique Wilkins traded for a 3 month rental of Danny Manning.

All we need is..a back up PG, and a backup Big man...

Not Amare, not CP3. Haywood( now out of the question) and a Jason Williams player would be just fine. We don't have to make a block buster trade. Craw for Acie and Speedy (lol Acie and Speedy) wasn't a blockbuster either.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjq8y95

Devin Harris and someone better than Marv for Marvin, Mo and Collins. We get a real PG, and an upgrade for Marvin.

Harris-Bibby-Teage

Craw- Bibby, Joe etc

Joe-CDR

Smoove-Josh Smith

AL-Zaza

again, this isn't the trade I would want, I'm just showing that Marvin and Mo give us a lot of options, and you can't tell me Devin Harris doesn't make us legit.

Edited by MVP23

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjq8y95

Devin Harris and someone better than Marv for Marvin, Mo and Collins. We get a real PG, and an upgrade for Marvin.

Harris-Bibby-Teage

Craw- Bibby, Joe etc

Joe-CDR

Smoove-Josh Smith

AL-Zaza

again, this isn't the trade I would want, I'm just showing that Marvin and Mo give us a lot of options, and you can't tell me Devin Harris doesn't make us legit.

Wow . . . so we get Harris AND CDR?

(( talking like Chris Carter )) . . . . . "come on maaaaan"

Devin is their 2nd best player behind Lopez. And we're offering Marvin, Evans, and Collins for Harris and CDR?

MVP . . you always have to look at the other side, when making a trade. Seriously, why would Jersey make a deal like that? It's not like Jersey needs to get rid of players to create cap room. They already have it going into this summer. So why would they give up talent, and take less talent back? If they believed that Marvin was better than Harris . . . maybe they do a deal like that.

And Marvin's contract is a detriment in itself.

We play the Clippers in 48 hrs . . . lol . . . just concentrate on that man.

• Premium Member

Devin Harris wouldn't make us legit.

• Moderators

I love how the only specific trades proposed are one where we get hosed and the poster who brought it up doesn't believe in it and another where the other team would laugh at us for proposing. I.e., still nothing realistic that would help us.

• Like 1

LOL @ MVP . . . aren't you the same guy who just a few days ago created that Knee Jerk Reaction Post thread? Even if we made a move, it may not put us any closer to a title. What we DO have going for us though, is that we have 2 of the most explosive scorers in the league . . on the same squad. JJ and Jamal will have to play at least at a 3rd team All-NBA level for us to make major noise in the playoffs. They're the two players who combined, can give us "superstar" like production. If everyone else plays CONSISTENT, we have a shot.

As for you Johnny, the Lakers were in complete disarray 3 months before that Gasol trade. You had Kobe talking all summer about how disapppointed he was, and how he may opt out of his deal and go somewhere else. But what happened during that season, is that Bynum FINALLY started to show signs of development. That elevated the Lakers to near the top of the West. And because they have a fan base that is willing to pay top dollar to see them, making a big time financial move was NOTHING for them. Basically, Memphis accepted expiring contracts and draft picks to get rid of Gasol. It was a GIFT.

Same with Boston. They trade away expiring contracts and most of their young talent, to get Garnett and Allen.

Those teams can do those things to win a title, because they have the revenue to do it. We don't.

That's nonsense. Check out the Celtics' attendance before the KG and Ray Allen trade. Besides Boston and the Lakers have dozens of titles between them so they have some equity to play with with fans. There is no excuse for us to be the only contending team nowhere near the Luxury Tax. Portland is half our market size, Lost 2 of their best players and they still make a move for Marcus Camby. They didn't say, we don't want to hurt chemistry, or that "we don't want to hurt Greg Oden's future development" They even know that there is no way they could beat the Lakers. But they know how to keep their fanbase energized. ASG haven't figured that out yet. They know nothing about the sports fan. They think that folks spend money for unlimited hotdogs and thos stupid dolls they parachute from the rafters.

ASG goes out and gets Bibby, which improves us . . the fans show up a little more

ASG goes out and gets Crawford, which improves us . . the fans show up just a little more.

The Hawks are a ridiculous 52 - 16 at home in the past 1.5 seasons . . . and the fans STILL don't show up like they should.

The problem isn't management not committing to win a title. The problem is the city of Atlanta committing to the HAWKS!!

I just don't get it. We're so close. all we need is ONE piece, and we're legit Finals contenders. Why sit on our hands and knees, let Joe walk (Joe is walking after this year btw) and be back at square one?? Are you people that brainwashed that you think its ok to continue to "build" even if we are a player away??

I have to agree. GM Sund has to make a move. 2010 may be the Hawks best chance to get to Finals.