• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Someone Verify?

Diesel

• Premium Member
The Hawks are interested in Boston forward Rasheed Wallace but the Celtics apparently aren’t interested in dealing him. It was probably a long shot anyway since (here it is again) ownership doesn’t seem inclined to take on future money. Wallace has two years and about $13 million left on his contract after this season

This is a quote from an AJC blog.

Really though? Wallace?

IF Boston gave us Wallace, they give us the Finals this year.

"The rumor about the Hawks being interested in Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace is certainly amusing. Wallace has two more years on his contract, worth roughly $13 million, and is playing the worst basketball of his career. It looks like someone will be paying him $13 million to sit on the bench, but the Hawks would take the gamble if the Celtics would take Mo Evans and some scrap . . .the same offer the Hawks made to the Bucks for Kurt Thomas. Neither team seems interested in dealing with Atlanta, which could ultimately save them from themselves. As much as they'd like to add a big man, Evans is their primary reserve at the two/three. They'd be pretty thin without him."

From Hoopsworld

I'd take Wallace if the Celts offered him. I would give them Mo and 2 2nd rounders for sure.

This is a quote from an AJC blog.

Really though? Wallace?

IF Boston gave us Wallace, they give us the Finals this year.

"The rumor about the Hawks being interested in Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace is certainly amusing. Wallace has two more years on his contract, worth roughly $13 million, and is playing the worst basketball of his career. It looks like someone will be paying him $13 million to sit on the bench, but the Hawks would take the gamble if the Celtics would take Mo Evans and some scrap . . .the same offer the Hawks made to the Bucks for Kurt Thomas. Neither team seems interested in dealing with Atlanta, which could ultimately save them from themselves. As much as they'd like to add a big man, Evans is their primary reserve at the two/three. They'd be pretty thin without him."

From Hoopsworld

I'd take Wallace if the Celts offered him. I would give them Mo and 2 2nd rounders for sure.

How would that give us the finals???

Sheed has been awful this year.

We would just be watching Sheed shoot 3s instead of Mo

He's not even that good on defense anymore.

• Premium Member

How would that give us the finals???

Sheed has been awful this year.

We would just be watching Sheed shoot 3s instead of Mo

He's not even that good on defense anymore.

For years, Sheed has had one of the best inside out games in basketball. He's bigger than any player we have. He can give us 10 off the bench. He can guard howard and shaqs in our zone. Moreover, lazy Shaq is not stepping out to guard Sheed at the three. The Celts are not a good fit for Sheed.

• Premium Member

I'd be extremely hesitant to try and take Rasheed on, simply because he has looked awful this year plus he's got technical foul/ejection issues and he wouldn't be able to replace Mo's minutes at backup SF.

In his first season with the Celtics, Wallace has played in all but three games and started eight in place of Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins. As the sixth man, he is averaging 11.2 points and 8.1 rebounds.

For years, Sheed has had one of the best inside out games in basketball. He's bigger than any player we have. He can give us 10 off the bench. He can guard howard and shaqs in our zone. Moreover, lazy Shaq is not stepping out to guard Sheed at the three. The Celts are not a good fit for Sheed.

Those years were long ago.

Now Sheed is a 41 FG% and 29% 3FG% guy.

He can guard Howard, only in the half court, better then any player we have. That is his plus side.

I challenge anyone to come up with a trade that works salary cap wise for Sheed that makes us better.

The only trade I can come up with that works under the CBA is a 4 for 1:

Mo, Teague, Collins, Morris

for Wallace

Edited by coachx

I'd be extremely hesitant to try and take Rasheed on, simply because he has looked awful this year plus he's got technical foul/ejection issues and he wouldn't be able to replace Mo's minutes at backup SF.

Dol, normally I agree with you but this time i'm going to have to call you out.

If the Hawks got sheed (it aint going to happen) then we would have a legit backup for SF/PF. Joe Smith has been average at best this year. He is still averaging 10 ppg and is an awesome rebounder. I would absolutely deal Mo and a few draft picks for him.

If the Hawks got sheed (it aint going to happen) then we would have a legit backup for SF/PF. Joe Smith has been average at best this year. He is still averaging 10 ppg and is an awesome rebounder. I would absolutely deal Mo and a few draft picks for him.

Rasheed couldn't guard a SF to save his life at this point in his career. He's far more likely to be able to guard an undersized center in addition to guarding a PF than he is a SF.

Keep this in mind, if Boston is looking to move Rasheed after only half of a season there is a reason for it and that will be reason enough for us NOT to trade for him.

Wallace at SF ? Its not 1999 any more.................. :lol6:

Can you imagine Wallace trying to guard James, Perce, or Carter ? ol6:

Wallace has gained 50 pounds............he is a center now. He is too slow to guard most PFs these days.

Let Boston keep their old washed players...........they will be out of the way completely next season as Pierce, KG, and Wallace deteriorate more and more. Plus they will loose Ray Allen for nothing in FA.

Edited by coachx

Those years were long ago.

Now Sheed is a 41 FG% and 29% 3FG% guy.

He can guard Howard, only in the half court, better then any player we have. That is his plus side.

I challenge anyone to come up with a trade that works salary cap wise for Sheed that makes us better.

The only trade I can come up with that works under the CBA is a 4 for 1:

Mo, Teague, Collins, Morris

for Wallace

Zaza and Collins for Wallace works from a numbers standpoint.

Zaza and Collins for Wallace works from a numbers standpoint.

Interesting..................Wallace's contract is one year shorter then ZaZa's as well.

I'm on the fence on this one.

Wallace's post defense is a definite upgrade. Could we get him to stop shooting the ball so much ? Maybe our guys just would not pass him the ball.

What worries me the most is his lack of composure and knack of getting technical fouls late in games in clutch situations. Hopefully he would not retard the maturity Smoove has shown this year.

The team has really matured and has been playing through bad calls......................I'd hate to see Sheed retard our maturity and cause the team chemistry to regress.