• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ilgauskas to the Hawks?

Dexmethylphenidate

The Hawks didn't swing a deal prior to Thursday's NBA trade deadline, but that doesn't mean they are done tweaking their roster.

They could alter their original plan to keep the roster at the league minimum of 13 players and consider signing veterans that are bought out by the end of this month.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Hawks like center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who is expected to receive a buyout from the Wizards.

The center's agent, Herb Rudoy, says the Hawks are among the teams Ilgauskas would consider.

"We like our core guys," general manager Rick Sund said.

"I think we are positioned pretty well. We will learn some more [about the team] going forward in the last month-and-a-half and the playoffs."

Get it done!

Get it done!

I think Ilg is the one guy (right now possibly available) who could really help our team moving towards the playoffs and for the next year or two. He could change multiple things for us. Obviously he would give us much more size plus he has a reasonable offensive game (another option on those double whammy nights when neither JJ or Craw are cooking with grease smile.gif ).

He would improve our bench (by sending Marvin to it). I know, I know, Smoove doesn't have the prototypical SF skillset...but what the heck, Marvin ain't exactly Silk Wilkes out there either and Smoove impacts games in so many ways. I think we can easy survive without Marvin's 2 for 5 "foot-on-the-line" jumpshot shooting, plus Ilg can shoot so, as far as team shooting, it is basically a wash.

Add to that, Horford could work inside against PFs more often and likely develop quicker into what he can be. Smoove would have to adapt some on defense, but with our switching D he is all over the place anyway most nights. One thing I have confidence in is Smoove's hustle and adaptabilty.

Of course all this wouldn't mean that Marvin just draws splinters all night...he should still get very solid minutes and his reasonable defensive ability and size would still be a plus for the team. He might even feel more comfortable coming off the bench.

Actually, were I the GM for CLE the last thing I would want to see is the Atlanta Hawks getting Ilgauskas.

P.S. - congratulations to A. A. Ohno on becoming the leading USA winter Olympic medal winner ever.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

There's no doubt that Big Z would be a good fit here. We could accomodate him. He could either start or come off the bench... we could even think about making plans to keep him in the future... he fits that well.

The key is does he want to be here?

God, I hope so.

We need 7'3 in the post wrestling with Howard and shaq,.... and then taking them to the arc on offense.

Unfortunately, Ilgauskas said to his country ( Lithuanian ) newspapers that he wants come back to his home and play for Cavs. All he wants now is just win the ring.

MrMichaelLee on twitter:

Ilgauskas didn't reach buyout agreement on Fri., but don't expect him in Wiz #17 jersey. He's already back in CLE, chillin'

P.S. Sorry for my English :|

Edited by suiluap

• Premium Member

We need 7'3 in the post wrestling with Howard and shaq,.... and then taking them to the arc on offense.

I agree with the latter, but not the former. Ilgauskas has been woefully ineffective against Howard defensively.