• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin dunks over Josh Smith

tonegully

Micheal Williams...oops i mean Marvin. Man i wish he played this aggressive all the time. Even though this was in high school

Mods please move if in the wrong forum

Guess he was trying to put on a show for Coach Roy Williams. Still there are bigger and quicker players in the NBA than in HighSchool. Smoove's defense was kind of "Half-Arsed" on that play.

• Premium Member

Guess he was trying to put on a show for Coach Roy Williams. Still there are bigger and quicker players in the NBA than in HighSchool. Smoove's defense was kind of "Half-Arsed" on that play.

Marvin had several dunks like that in his year at UNC, and has had a couple in the NBA. The biggest difference is that passion and energy seems to have been sapped away. We don't see this kind of fire from Marvin anymore:

Marvin had several dunks like that in his year at UNC, and has had a couple in the NBA. The biggest difference is that passion and energy seems to have been sapped away. We don't see this kind of fire from Marvin anymore:

Same thing can be said about Jeff Teauge. The guy had so much swag in college.

• Moderators

Yeah man...dang i wish they played with that energy and fire. I wonder how do you lose your swag once you hit the NBA

For Teague, becoming a player who plays 5 minutes or less a majority of the time combined with being a secondary ball-handler when JJ or Crawford are on the floor makes for a very, very different role than in college.

I have no explanation for Marvin.

Micheal Williams...oops i mean Marvin. Man i wish he played this aggressive all the time. Even though this was in high school

Mods please move if in the wrong forum

Marvin was a great highschool player and was a good college player as well. But maybe he should of stayed in college a bit longer and developed his game some more before going pro. I like Marvin but I think getting drafted after one year when you were just a 6th man on a great team probably is the reason why he isnt as great as people thought he'd be. Everyone knew he had potential but he should of stayed for another yr or 2 and dominate the college game and then go pro. Either way, I know Marvin is a talented player and even though he's our 5th option, I know that he is valuable to this team. He defense is underrated and he has those games when he knocks down every shot and goes for 25. I still think he's getting better as he just added the 3 point shot to this game and his post up game has gotten a bit better too. I would keep Marvin around..maybe if Joe leaves this summer, Marvin will have a breakout year..who knows

Edited by TruJerz

Marvin was a great highschool player and was a good college player as well. But maybe he should of stayed in college a bit longer and developed his game some more before going pro. I like Marvin but I think getting drafted after one year when you were just a 6th man on a great team probably is the reason why he isnt as great as people thought he'd be. Everyone knew he had potential but he should of stayed for another yr or 2 and dominate the college game and then go pro. Either way, I know Marvin is a talented player and even though he's our 5th option, I know that he is valuable to this team. He defense is underrated and he has those games when he knocks down every shot and goes for 25. I still think he's getting better as he just added the 3 point shot to this game and his post up game has gotten a bit better too. I would keep Marvin around..maybe if Joe leaves this summer, Marvin will have a breakout year..who knows

The funny thing is we did the same thing twice. We drafted Demarr Johnson who was a freshman (don't remember if he was a 6th man) who needed more development before turning pro.

• Premium Member

The funny thing is we did the same thing twice. We drafted Demarr Johnson who was a freshman (don't remember if he was a 6th man) who needed more development before turning pro.

He also needed to not crash his Benz into a tree.

• Moderators

Marvin was a great highschool player and was a good college player as well. But maybe he should of stayed in college a bit longer and developed his game some more before going pro.

I think he has gotten a lot more money based on his decision to go pro after his freshman year than he would have gotten had he returned for his sophmore year and failed to dominate. His stock would have dropped from consensus "most likely to be a superstar in this draft" to a lower profile type of guy (at best probably a profile like Jamison had coming out of UNC). From that perspective, he made the right decision for sure.