• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal and Joe's Minutes

benhillboy

I was loving the flow of Joe's and Jamal's minutes tonight. Jamal at 35, Joe at 28. Joe posted 2 stat points over his minutes, and Jamal was under 1. That's damn efficient from your two scorers. Both shot 7 free throws. I love to see that from Joe, now only if he could drain all of 'em like 'Mal.

Go ahead, say I'm crazy: Jamal has proved to me over the course of the year that he should be 1, and Joe 1A. Joe would be more efficient if he played around 28-30 minutes and really concentrated on disrupting flow and forcing lackluster performances from the opposing teams' considerably smaller perimeter scorer/ handler on the defensive end, something he is more than capable of doing whether it be Wade, Jennings, or Salmons, while Jamal does his thing offensively for the forseeable postseason. Joe said it himself, he doesn't want to be a number 1, while Jamal looks every bit willing to carry the load. He already has a built in excuse for a poor performance with his finger, and will probably have a relapse of the flu, and an ankle flare up. He's a very easy-going player, so it makes sense to go easy on his minutes when he clearly would be more efficient at 28-34 than 34-40, and for goodness sakes I hope not beyond that. I'm confident that Zaza and Mo will give us something substantial and Marvin is taking teeny-tiny, incy-wincy baby steps toward respectability. If Bibby is hitting the tray, we're pretty much unstoppable. If he isn't, oh well, he can go clip his nails and we'll see him next go round. Of course, I never worry about the two-headed monster up front. They'll grind hard, post double-doubles, and tear up and down the floor. The rest of the teams effort, involvement, and ability to hold/ increase leads without him on the floor should determine how fresh and rested we can keep Joe, which I hope is a great deal.

Edited by benhillboy

I was loving the flow of Joe's and Jamal's minutes tonight. Jamal at 35, Joe at 28. Joe posted 2 stat points over his minutes, and Jamal was under 1. That's damn efficient from your two scorers. Both shot 7 free throws. I love to see that from Joe, now only if he could drain all of 'em like 'Mal. Go ahead, say I'm crazy. Jamal has proved to me over the course of the year that he should be 1, and Joe 1A. Joe would be more efficient if he played around 28-30 minutes and really concentrated on shutting down the opposing teams perimeter scorer/ handler while Jamal does his thing offensively for the forseeable postseason. Joe said it himself, he doesn't want to be a number 1, while Jamal looks every bit willing to carry the load. He already has a built in excuse with his finger, and will probably have a relapse of the flu, and an ankle flare up. He's a very easy-going player, so it makes sense to go easy on his minutes when he clearly would be more efficient at 28-34 than 34-40, and for goodness sakes I hope not beyond that. I'm confident that Zaza and Mo will give us something substantial and Marvin is taking teeny-tiny, incy-wincy baby steps toward respectability. Of course, I never worry about the two-headed monster up front. The rest of the teams effort, involvement, and ability to hold/ increase leads without him on the floor should determine how fresh and rested we can keep Joe, which I hope is a great deal.

Once again you missed what happened in that game. Or just looked at the box score, and thought that Jamal was the 1, while JJ was 1a, based on shots and minutes.

When JJ was in the game, he was the 1 . . not 1a. JJ controlled the ball like he normally does, scoring when it was there . . . but also being a playmaker for other guys ( including Crawford . . . whom he had 3 assists too off of jumpers. ) Crawford did the majority of his damage in the 2nd quarter. In the 2nd half . . . Crawford was 1 - 6 FG, but did play good defense and passed the ball at times. And JJ picked up a 2nd foul midway through that 2nd quarter, and Woody took him out. Evans came in and did a great job on both offense and defense that quarter, which enabled Woody to rest JJ the rest of the quarter.

So what are you talking about . . . really? The guy you want to be 1a . . got 7 assists in 28 minutes, and scored 18 points. The guy you want to be 1, got red hot for a quarter, and had 19 at halftime . . but wasn't really an offensive factor the rest of the game.

Benhill . . . if you know about NBA history, Crawford is our Vinnie Johnson. JJ is our Joe Dumars. If we had an equivalent to Isaiah, we'd be an NBA title contender. But Vinnie's job on those old Pistons teams, was to score the basketball in bunches . . in a short period of time. That's it. When Vinnie ( Crawford ) is on, you FEED HIM THE BALL. Let that dude put up as many points as possible. But when he's off, you either have to get him out of the game, or tell him to be more of a facilitator.

Once again . . .

Crawford = Vinnie Johnson

Johnson = Joe Dumars

• Like 2

Once again you missed what happened in that game. Or just looked at the box score, and thought that Jamal was the 1, while JJ was 1a, based on shots and minutes.

When JJ was in the game, he was the 1 . . not 1a. JJ controlled the ball like he normally does, scoring when it was there . . . but also being a playmaker for other guys ( including Crawford . . . whom he had 3 assists too off of jumpers. ) Crawford did the majority of his damage in the 2nd quarter. In the 2nd half . . . Crawford was 1 - 6 FG, but did play good defense and passed the ball at times. And JJ picked up a 2nd foul midway through that 2nd quarter, and Woody took him out. Evans came in and did a great job on both offense and defense that quarter, which enabled Woody to rest JJ the rest of the quarter.

So what are you talking about . . . really? The guy you want to be 1a . . got 7 assists in 28 minutes, and scored 18 points. The guy you want to be 1, got red hot for a quarter, and had 19 at halftime . . but wasn't really an offensive factor the rest of the game.

Benhill . . . if you know about NBA history, Crawford is our Vinnie Johnson. JJ is our Joe Dumars. If we had an equivalent to Isaiah, we'd be an NBA title contender. But Vinnie's job on those old Pistons teams, was to score the basketball in bunches . . in a short period of time. That's it. When Vinnie ( Crawford ) is on, you FEED HIM THE BALL. Let that dude put up as many points as possible. But when he's off, you either have to get him out of the game, or tell him to be more of a facilitator.

Once again . . .

Crawford = Vinnie Johnson

Johnson = Joe Dumars

long winded bs

Jamal Crawford is more like our Isiah Thomas and he and Joe are not as far apart as you try and make it seem.

Said Al Horford, “I would say Jamal Crawford happened.”

link

Its amazing how people keep trying to minimize what hes doing instead of appreciating and and realize just how bad the starters are actually playing as a unit.

He led the comeback scoring 15pts in the 2nd enroute to a 23 pt swing as we ended the first down 11 and went into the half up 12 . I counted quite a few times where he fed someone and they didnt convert but they went to the foul line .

It doesnt matter if you reversed them they are so similar that no one would really notice and the results would be practically the same .

I think the sitting is effecting Crawford in the 4th . For instance tonight after being red hot in the 2nd he sat the entire halftime which is about 15-20 minutes long real time . Then he sits until the 5-6 minute mark and thats another 30-40 minutes real time .

That is a longtime to sit he may need to start riding a stationary bike or something to stay warm . If he goes redhot like that in the playoffs we will have to start him the second half and see if he stays hot .

Jamal Crawford is more like our Isiah Thomas and he and Joe are not as far apart as you try and make it seem.

link

Its amazing how people keep trying to minimize what hes doing instead of appreciating and and realize just how bad the starters are actually playing as a unit.

He led the comeback scoring 15pts in the 2nd enroute to a 23 pt swing as we ended the first down 11 and went into the half up 12 . I counted quite a few times where he fed someone and they didnt convert but they went to the foul line .

It doesnt matter if you reversed them they are so similar that no one would really notice and the results would be practically the same .

I think the sitting is effecting Crawford in the 4th . For instance tonight after being red hot in the 2nd he sat the entire halftime which is about 15-20 minutes long real time . Then he sits until the 5-6 minute mark and thats another 30-40 minutes real time .

That is a longtime to sit he may need to start riding a stationary bike or something to stay warm . If he goes redhot like that in the playoffs we will have to start him the second half and see if he stays hot .

I am wit northclyde on this one. Jamal Crawford is what he is. A very good scorer who can have some really big nights. He had a huge 2nd quarter. JJ had the higher +/- in almost 8 less minutes.

I am wit northclyde on this one. Jamal Crawford is what he is. A very good scorer who can have some really big nights. He had a huge 2nd quarter. JJ had the higher +/- in almost 8 less minutes.

JJ had a +8

Craw had a +7

lol :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

you really dont know basketball if you want Jamal as your number 1 and Johnson a second fiddle to a man who the only thing he ever won his team was a high draft pick

because as you know weve been to five straight nba finals lol . We havent won anything and right now our best chance is this year with the current team .

I love Jamal. Another great night shooting 9-13, hitting all his free throws as usal, Kevin Durant style, and even had a nice block, leading a great second unit performance. Big up to Zaza and Mo, who has apparently awaken after 4 months of sleepwalking. 'Mal will be the most productive, full-season bench player in 40 years behind Ricky Pierce in '89-90, who insanely dropped 23 a night.

im not stupid plus i know basketball i was in the chat earlier .. for all you jamal lovers, how many times has he avgd over 20 ppg.. once!. he is a career 40% shooter .. so what are u really sayin , JJ is so much better then him its not funny, he gets doubled on the reg, and still shows up, jamal doesnt command the same respect , you people who think the hawks is better without JJ is askin for the CHI , NYK AND GSW plus the hawks (alone) version of jamal he is not a number 1 and is a glorified BEN GORDON (who is better overall)

I love Jamal. Another great night shooting 9-13, hitting all his free throws as usal, Kevin Durant style, and even had a nice block, leading a great second unit performance. Big up to Zaza and Mo, who has apparently awaken after 4 months of sleepwalking. 'Mal will be the most productive, full-season bench player in 40 years behind Ricky Pierce in '89-90, who insanely dropped 23 a night.

Don't compare Jamal's FTs to Durant's, Jamal doesn't get a call everytime a defender breathes on him.

BTW who loves Jamal more; you or 'Nique? :tongue:

Edited by Bruin

Don't compare Jamal's FTs to Durant's, Jamal doesn't get a call everytime a defender breathes on him.

BTW who loves Jamal more; you or 'Nique? :tongue:

hey man we all know we gotta force jamals d*ck outta Niques mouth .. but the truth is Jamal has only avgd 20 ppg ONCE in his career on wrose team then joes .. if ANYBODY wanna compare joe to jamal on this board i will shut yall down no problem.. whos first?

because as you know weve been to five straight nba finals lol . We havent won anything and right now our best chance is this year with the current team .

YOU TALKIN OUT YOUR *ss THIS IS JAMALS FIRST TIME EVER BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS AND HE BEEN IN THE LEAGUE LONGER THEN JOE , ARE YOU SERIOUS?

FIRST TIME, REMEMBER DUDE, MATTER OF FACT YOU THINK A TEAM WOULD LET JOE JOHNSON GO FOR ACIE LAW AND SPEEDY CLAXTON, IF SO SMACK YOSELF JO SO I DONT HAVE TO COME FROM ILLINOIS TO DO IT FOR YOU , AND BY THE WAY I BEEN LOOKIN AT THESE BOARDS FOR A MINUTE BUT JUST SIGNED UP AND NORTHCYDE IS BY FAR THE REALIST ON HERE , REAL TALK FAMO

YOU TALKIN OUT YOUR *ss THIS IS JAMALS FIRST TIME EVER BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS AND HE BEEN IN THE LEAGUE LONGER THEN JOE , ARE YOU SERIOUS?

FIRST TIME, REMEMBER DUDE, MATTER OF FACT YOU THINK A TEAM WOULD LET JOE JOHNSON GO FOR ACIE LAW AND SPEEDY CLAXTON, IF SO SMACK YOSELF JO SO I DONT HAVE TO COME FROM ILLINOIS TO DO IT FOR YOU , AND BY THE WAY I BEEN LOOKIN AT THESE BOARDS FOR A MINUTE BUT JUST SIGNED UP AND NORTHCYDE IS BY FAR THE REALIST ON HERE , REAL TALK FAMO

LOL Do your parents know you are on there computer ? Making the playoffs is not the same thing as winning a title or even being in position to win one. We havent done anything thats worth bragging about as the ultimate goal is to win a championship anyone who is happy simply to make the playoffs is a loser . What does the trade have to do with anything ? Northcyde a realists ? seriously .....to partake in real talk you would have to have some sort of idea of what you are talking about and the ability to understand how to use caps lock.

Crank, he does have a point though about trade.

A player as talented as he is, got traded for Speedy and Acie .. . in what was basically a salary dump. Golden St. didn't even request a draft pick ( not even a 2nd round one ). Golden St basically GAVE Crawford to us.

As much as Memphis was hammered for the Pau Gasol trade, they can at least say that they acquired his brother Marc, and a 1st round pick. Golden St. didn't even get that.

They tried trading him for value, but go no takers.

Crawford has #1 option talent. But througout his entire career, his questionable decision making ( including his bas shot selection ), prevented him from excelling in that role.

With us, all we ask him to be, is Jason Terry. They play the exact same role. And because we don't put the burden on him to carry the team in multiple facets ( like we do JJ ), he has excelled in that Terry-like role, having arguably his best season ever.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

JJ had a +8

Craw had a +7

lol :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

That is +1 in nearly a quarter less of play. Besides, you missed the point of his post totally. The Hawks where nearly a 50 win team last season before getting Crawford. Do you really think they would approach 50 wins with Crawford and no JJ. Based on what I have seen from the Hawks without JJ this year my answer is a resounding no! JJ brings identity to this team. I think fear that he may be leaving is why so many fans want to downplay his value. There are only two or three SGs in the entire NBA that could replace JJ in ATL and yield equal or better results/wins.

• Like 2

Why do people keep talking about what Crawford has done in the past with those crappy teams he played on? What better way to evaluate the 2 than by using the same team around them? I have watched every game this year and if I had my choice Jamal would be the one I kept if I had to let one go.

Being you guys are so stuck on the past why don't we just sign Tree Rollins and let him be our big man in the middle?

LOL Do your parents know you are on there computer ? Making the playoffs is not the same thing as winning a title or even being in position to win one. We havent done anything thats worth bragging about as the ultimate goal is to win a championship anyone who is happy simply to make the playoffs is a loser . What does the trade have to do with anything ? Northcyde a realists ? seriously .....to partake in real talk you would have to have some sort of idea of what you are talking about and the ability to understand how to use caps lock.

what do my parents have anything to do with you just not knowing what the hell your talking about , i dont care if joe johnson was a 50 million dollar expiring (yeah i know its no such thing before you try to take that and make a point) but there is no way they take two point guards that the next season one is out the league and the other has gone to two different teams the following season, you at least got to have a draft pick(which jamal as a main option has left his team in place for some pretty nice ones may i add) second . crappy team? 13 wins is the definition of a CRAPPY team and then have a person come through and still avg 25 ppg and the wins automatically double is a coincidence? i really dont think so.. so keep thinking jamal crawford at 30 years old, a 0 time all star, 9 year veteran(first time in playoffs) and a only once 20 ppg scorer in his who career while only shooting 43% over twice in his career (40% on his career)is going to bud into this wonderful megastar that everybody dreams, if you think that you might as well hit the snooze button so you can get your wet one of before snappin back into a slim jim playa

what do my parents have anything to do with you just not knowing what the hell your talking about , i dont care if joe johnson was a 50 million dollar expiring (yeah i know its no such thing before you try to take that and make a point) but there is no way they take two point guards that the next season one is out the league and the other has gone to two different teams the following season, you at least got to have a draft pick(which jamal as a main option has left his team in place for some pretty nice ones may i add) second . crappy team? 13 wins is the definition of a CRAPPY team and then have a person come through and still avg 25 ppg and the wins automatically double is a coincidence? i really dont think so.. so keep thinking jamal crawford at 30 years old, a 0 time all star, 9 year veteran(first time in playoffs) and a only once 20 ppg scorer in his who career while only shooting 43% over twice in his career (40% on his career)is going to bud into this wonderful megastar that everybody dreams, if you think that you might as well hit the snooze button so you can get your wet one of before snappin back into what crawford really is , jason terry, ben gordon .. by the way you used the wrong "their"