• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it a valid criticism of this team that it does not have that one guy who is Mr. Intensity?

sturt

• Premium Member

Jordan was certainly intense on the court. But off the court he would clown his teamates relentlessly. He was actually pretty abusive. He was also known to be very fond of playing golf or going out gambling the day before a game when a serious player might be more inclined to rest or watch game tape. Early in his career he didn't work out. During the summers he would just play golf, no running or lifting at all.

The Hawks problem isn't a lack of intensity off the court. Their problem, at least in terms of winning a title, is not enough talent on the court. They are undersized in the front court, slow in the back court with a weak bench. They don't have a first or second team All-NBA player. It is hard to win a title without a first or second team All-NBA player. In fact i would be willing to bet it has never happened. Not even the Detroit team of a few years ago would qualify.

The All-NBA teams haven't been announced yet but i think it is a pretty safe bet that no Hawks will be on the first or second teams.

It really depends on what you mean by "intensity." Because I'm sure if you asked any of his teammates or opponents, they would say that John Stockton was one of the most - if not the most - "intense" player they played against. Gary Payton said something to that effect after Stockton retired, as I recall. But the conception of intensity that most people on this thread seem to have tends more to the chest-thumping variety rather than the relentless and hard-nosed variety.

Edited by niremetal

It really depends on what you mean by "intensity." Because I'm sure if you asked any of his teammates or opponents, they would say that John Stockton was one of the most - if not the most - "intense" player they played against. Gary Payton said something to that effect after Stockton retired, as I recall. But the conception of intensity that most people on this thread seem to have tends more to the chest-thumping variety rather than the relentless and hard-nosed variety.

Stockton is a good call. For a small guy he certainly didn't shy away from contact and was all business, on and off the court. Malone was also a very intense player on the court and an extremely hard worker off the court.

I didn't have a problem with the Bulls but i was rooting for Utah when they matched up with the Bulls in the Finals.

• Premium Member

yeah he (JJ) doesn't care. That is why he was the one who picked Jennings pocket not once but twice in the 2nd half when jennings was killing us. He was the one who hit the shots to put the Bucks away.

I think this is a 1st but I agree with you 100%. This guys anti-Joe campaign is pretty much transparent these days. Joe got in the rooks face when no one else would.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me if I suddenly am thinking about this question all over again.

Our starting and backup pgs got outscored 40 to 2 last game. Crawford is shooting 33% for the series and our coach keeps running the exact same system regardless of whether it is working out not. I doubt "Mr Intensity" would change any of that.

It isnt joe thats for sure...man his expression or emotion hardly changes.... when he got fouled out yesterday his expression isnt different than any other time... if you just went my his expression u cant tell if he just won a game missed a game winning basket, fouled out, disagrees with a refs call... or if he let a huge one rip because of some bad mayo he had on his sandwich before the game, his expression is pretty much the same.