Woody, Josh AND Joe will not be back next season

PureGreatness

I have a feeling they wont. im not like overreacting like everyone else was but Joe and Smith will not be with ATL this season.

Hawks wont resign Joe cause he will cost more than he is worth. I see Joe going to the Knicks, 76ers or Bulls.

I think management will trade smith for draft picks and/or players. i can see smith shining in Golden State offense(good lord).

Do i want to trade smith? HELL NO but i think it will happen and i think it will benefit both..at least whoever picks up smith.

Let em go.

Joe has taken this team as far as he can, but his ISO-Joe dibble, dribble, dribble offense

kills our ball movement.

Josh is a head case that can never be fixed (he's still shooting 3's)

And Woody, like Joe, has taken this team as far as he can

The flaws in our coaching/playing schemes have been exposed in the playoffs and changes NEED to be made.

We are no longer happy with just MAKING the playoffs anymore.

If Bosh doesn't sign with Houston, it's possible that Yao Ming is on the market. It would be a great fit to trade him for Smith. And the salaries match because of the trade kicker. If I was Atlanta, I would want a 1st as well since Yao injury history and age. We've already traded with Houston in the past so it's not that bad of a deal.

Houston:

Josh Smith

Atlanta:

Yao Ming

future 1st round pick

I would look into getting a PnR PG and there is only so few on the market. The one I like the most is Conley and he should come really cheap since they are moving Mayo to PG.

Another thing with Yao, we cannot play him 82 games in a season, we would have to limit him to 60-65 games to make sure his foot is well. Zaza will have a lot more minutes and will have to step up. Yao can play the PnR offense well and he will really help Horford a lot on offense and defense being that he can play PF.

and that is?

6 million plus to him if traded under contract. I think it's only for one season but still that's six million.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Now this current Hawks team is fully capable of pulling there usual Jekyll & Hyde routine and winning these next 2 games in Atlanta. When in Atlanta they look like title contenders. On the road they look like they are fighting for hte 8th seed.

If we are swept out of the 2nd round again Woody and JJ are gone for sure.

If that is the case, hopefully we get something in a sign and trade for JJ even if its below market value.

Then we bring Chillz back to the party.

We would need a real PG to run the show under a true offensive system.

I think Woody is gone no matter what. I think JJ is gone only if we are swept or lose in 5.

Edited by coachx

Now this current Hawks team is fully capable of pulling there usual Jekyll & Hyde routine and winning these next 2 games in Atlanta. When in Atlanta they look like title contenders. On the road they look like they are fighting for hte 8th seed.

If we are swept out of the 2nd round again Woody and JJ are gone for sure.

If that is the case, hopefully we get something in a sign and trade for JJ even if its below market value.

Then we bring Chillz back to the party.

We would need a real PG to run the show under a true offensive system.

I think Woody is gone no matter what. I think JJ is gone only if we are swept or lose in 5.

We have no trading power over JJ. No one want to give JJ a lot of money and 6 years.

Chillz is needed, especially if JJ is gone and Salmons signs back with Mil.

Bibby is a true PG but I think you mean capable.

I don't think Woody gone, it's likely but I am not going into that since there are other things more important.

A Trade kicker mean Smith has the right to veto any trade.

Not true in Smoove case. http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q84

He's just has a 15% kicker to his salary.

Atlanta would never give him a no trade clause. They wouldn't do that for JJ much less Smith. Teams like the Lakers do that to sign pricey talent for cheap or if you sign your tender as well. Some stars have it like Kobe.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=908659

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Not true in Smoove case. http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q84

He's just has a 15% kicker to his salary.

Ahhh.....thanks.

Confusing it with no trade clause.

Using my math and hoopworld.com as Smith's salary source that would equal a $5.52 mill bonus to Smith in the case of a trade. That is a tough pill to swallow. If he is traded after next season it would go down to a $3.78 mill bonus, and trading him after the 2012 season would bring the trade kicker bonus down to $1.95 mill.

Edited by coachx