• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still proud of the Hawks

Endy9

With all the negative feelings that JJ's statement made me feel and express, just wanted to say, I'm still very proud of our team. I didn't get to see today's game, but I saw the first two in this series and I saw lots of hustle, grit and a team that didn't quit even when being blown out in the first game. Bibby, Jamal, Joe, Marvin, Horf, Zaza, Mo were all playing hard. Orlando is one hell of a team. Not sure how the Lakers beat them last year. When we are down by 40 in a game...i keep watching hoping we can cut it to down by 30. Now how again, does that make me one of the Atlantan's who are bad fans?

With all the negative feelings that JJ's statement made me feel and express, just wanted to say, I'm still very proud of our team. I didn't get to see today's game, but I saw the first two in this series and I saw lots of hustle, grit and a team that didn't quit even when being blown out in the first game. Bibby, Jamal, Joe, Marvin, Horf, Zaza, Mo were all playing hard. Orlando is one hell of a team. Not sure how the Lakers beat them last year. When we are down by 40 in a game...i keep watching hoping we can cut it to down by 30. Now how again, does that make me one of the Atlantan's who are bad fans?

For all the negative that is out there tonight. I still love this team and hope nothing but good for the future of this franchise. Sure hope we make the right moves( new coach, no Joe) cause I like the playoffs and I don't want it to be another 4 years til we sniff them again.

For all the negative that is out there tonight. I still love this team and hope nothing but good for the future of this franchise. Sure hope we make the right moves( new coach, no Joe) cause I like the playoffs and I don't want it to be another 4 years til we sniff them again.

I agree. And I'm not a JJ or Woody hater. I apreciate what both have done for this team. Just wish Woody could find an offensive assistent and stick to coaching defence. And JJ is just frustrated like the rest of us. Everyone blows it sometime. I can forgive him.

I agree. And I'm not a JJ or Woody hater. I apreciate what both have done for this team. Just wish Woody could find an offensive assistent and stick to coaching defence. And JJ is just frustrated like the rest of us. Everyone blows it sometime. I can forgive him.

His defense is even worst......

The problem with Woody's offense is that in the regular season when you see a different team every couple nights you can win by having talents such as Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Al Horford, and Josh Smith. In the playoffs, when you see the same team 7 times over two weeks, they have time gameplan for you and adjustments must be made. The Magic have done a great job of trapping, doubling and shading D12 towards JJ this series. They have dared the rest of this team to beat them. Craw and Horf had great games yesterday and we still lost by 30pts. JJ missed some shots we have seen him routinely make all season. He can't be Lebronesque which is pretty much what we have asked him to be the last 3 years, but he can still be the key cog on a championship caliber team much like Paul Pierce was for Boston in 2008.

I say get Chris Paul in here for a trade involving Craw and Mo's expiring contracts and see what we can do. As frustrated and disappointed as we are in JJ. He is far more disappointed in himself I am sure. My buddy is an NBA Scout and I asked him what he thought was wrong. He said it appears like the Hawks players are trying to get Woody fired. Let's home they can win game 4 and give us something to cheer about.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

Definately proud of the season. Orlando is our predator, plain and simple. Suck it Up and wish for a viable, true center and some semblance of a point guard without any ridiculously glaring flaws.

Opinions differ greatly here, many say we won 53 in spite of Woody, would win more with another coach, etc. Probably true. I say if we had a true scorer/ leader, we would've won more in the regular season and at least be respectable in the playoffs. Probably true also. Miami couldn't boo their team off the floor after their sweep because their best player commands too much respect. What we all can agree on is that the people who shoulder most of the blame here, Woody and Joe, were both severely hampered by the lack of assistance from Marvin and Bibby since November. Both would be stars in the NBDL, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a GM to take their contracts off our hands, and there are some dim GMs out there.

Edited by benhillboy

The problem with Woody's offense is that in the regular season when you see a different team every couple nights you can win by having talents such as Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Al Horford, and Josh Smith. In the playoffs, when you see the same team 7 times over two weeks, they have time gameplan for you and adjustments must be made. The Magic have done a great job of trapping, doubling and shading D12 towards JJ this series. They have dared the rest of this team to beat them. Craw and Horf had great games yesterday and we still lost by 30pts. JJ missed some shots we have seen him routinely make all season. He can't be Lebronesque which is pretty much what we have asked him to be the last 3 years, but he can still be the key cog on a championship caliber team much like Paul Pierce was for Boston in 2008.

I say get Chris Paul in here for a trade involving Craw and Mo's expiring contracts and see what we can do. As frustrated and disappointed as we are in JJ. He is far more disappointed in himself I am sure. My buddy is an NBA Scout and I asked him what he thought was wrong. He said it appears like the Hawks players are trying to get Woody fired. Let's home they can win game 4 and give us something to cheer about.

You can't possibly believe your friend, can you? That's beyond ridiculous.

As far as Paul, I cringe when people fight for space on Deron William's Jock as "The League's Best Point Guard." Paul, when healthy, is a full step above Williams, but that's the thing. I wouldn't want Paul here when he averages a cameo appearance every season while having the franchise on the hook for a developing country's budget.

Edited by benhillboy

You can't possibly believe your friend, can you? That's beyond ridiculous.

As far as Paul, I cringe when people fight for space on Deron William's Jock as "The League's Best Point Guard." Paul, when healthy, is a full step above Williams, but that's the thing. I wouldn't want Paul here when he averages a cameo appearance every season while having the franchise on the hook for a developing country's budget.

The part about getting Woody fired was just comic relief after we discussed things such as effort, unwillingness to fight over the top of screens, lazy closeouts, Crawford dribbliing into traps, etc. All the things people like us who have watched ATL all yeasr knew. I feel your point Ben but would you not be willing to give up Craw and Mo Evans expiring 13M for a shot at Chris Paul?

We know JJ will never be a Lebron/Prime-Kobe type player but I honestly do think he can be every bit as good (and probably better) than the 2008 Paul Pierce that was a key component of Boston's 2008 championship. You have to love the possibility of adding Chris Paul to this group as well as some enforcers to the bench like Kurt Thomas and Chuck Hayes. Maybe Haywood would sign on for MLE? Who knows but I can't wait to find out. I just don't want to go back to fighting for a playoff spot whene could try to make one last push with this team. Heck what is Lenny Wilkens doing nowadays? Lol

The part about getting Woody fired was just comic relief after we discussed things such as effort, unwillingness to fight over the top of screens, lazy closeouts, Crawford dribbliing into traps, etc. All the things people like us who have watched ATL all yeasr knew. I feel your point Ben but would you not be willing to give up Craw and Mo Evans expiring 13M for a shot at Chris Paul?

We know JJ will never be a Lebron/Prime-Kobe type player but I honestly do think he can be every bit as good (and probably better) than the 2008 Paul Pierce that was a key component of Boston's 2008 championship. You have to love the possibility of adding Chris Paul to this group as well as some enforcers to the bench like Kurt Thomas and Chuck Hayes. Maybe Haywood would sign on for MLE? Who knows but I can't wait to find out. I just don't want to go back to fighting for a playoff spot whene could try to make one last push with this team. Heck what is Lenny Wilkens doing nowadays? Lol

My bad. I usually can sense sarcasm.

• Premium Member

On a clearer day... I say.. Thank you Hawks.

Orlando will probably win the NBA title this year. Honestly, I don't see them losing a game. Not even when facing the Elbow. However, I'm glad that we won 53 this year. We may possibly put up a fight tomorrow. We may possibly win even though that team is well coached... and Dwight Howard has reached that next level.

Still, we did good for what we had.

Now we have to get to that next level too.. with better coaching.

I still support and will support the Hawks, even if they keep the same players, including Joe Johnson. I'm not surprise the play-offs because my thought during the season was although these men are talented, they are not playing to the best of the ability and they are not playing like they want to be champs. Personally, the changes I would make are bringing in new coaches, trainers and a true center.

I still support and will support the Hawks, even if they keep the same players, including Joe Johnson. I'm not surprise the play-offs because my thought during the season was although these men are talented, they are not playing to the best of the ability and they are not playing like they want to be champs. Personally, the changes I would make are bringing in new coaches, trainers and a true center.

My dream scenario for this team is Crawford and Evans expiring contracts for CP3. Resigning JJ. Adding a Center this season such as Haywood. His experiment didn't work out in Dallas. Give me two enforcers for the bench like Chuck Hayes and Kurt Thomas as well as Bibby coming from the bench. Draft a scoring guard forward and get a coach who believes in preaching offense as well as defense. I think Sund owes it to himself to see what this group is capable of with a coach of his choosing.