• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Lebron? Ok, Get Bosh

MVP23

We bring Joe back, pick somebody with the 24th pick, annd play the season. What happens? We at best win 55 games and get beat in the second round again. We can have Coach K , Avery Johnson, or Jesus, but without another peice this team is just there. We're the Mavs of the East. The Mavs miss that one player up front, like a Pau, or a Bosh. They go out and get these fast 6'3 guys and end up in the same place every single year. With us, we need depth in the front court, real depth, not Joe Smith or Jason Collins. Looks at the Celtics. They don't even have a back up Point guard. Everybody has this big erection for fast Pgs but look at all of the teams with those kind of players. the Hornets, Bucks, Nuggets etc. All of those teams are going nowhere FAST. The Lakers have 78 year old Derick Fisher running point and are in the finals because they have what? Bigs. Pau made the Lakets a championship team. Bosh/Amare would make us a championship team. Get it done.

Edited by MVP23
  • Like 1

We bring Joe back, pick somebody with the 24th pick, annd play the season. What happens? We at best win 55 games and get beat in the second round again. We can have Coach K , Avery Johnson, or Jesus, but without another peice this team is just there. We're the Mavs of the East. The Mavs miss that one player up front, like a Pau, or a Bosh. They go out and get these fast 6'3 guys and end up in the same place every single year. With us, we need depth in the front court, real depth, not Joe Smith or Jason Collins. Looks at the Celtics. They don't even have a back up Point guard. Everybody has this big erection for fast Pgs but look at all of the teams with those kind of players. the Hornets, Bucks, Nuggets etc. All of those teams are going nowhere FAST. The Lakers have 78 year old Derick Fisher running point and are in the finals because they have what? Bigs. Pau made the Lakets a championship team. Bosh/Amare would make us a championship team. Get it done.

I agree that boosting up the frontline should be the priority, if JJ is brought back. If he leaves, we're going to have to address multiple places on this team. Signing and trading for an Amare or Bosh means 2 things:

1) they want to come to Atlanta ( which they don't ) . . and

2) Josh Smith is getting traded for one of those players ( which weakens us defensively )

Not an easy solution for the Hawks winning anything. The Hawks are going to have to become a top 5 defensive team, before we do anything significant in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

I agree that boosting up the frontline should be the priority, if JJ is brought back. If he leaves, we're going to have to address multiple places on this team. Signing and trading for an Amare or Bosh means 2 things:

1) they want to come to Atlanta ( which they don't ) . . and

2) Josh Smith is getting traded for one of those players ( which weakens us defensively )

Not an easy solution for the Hawks winning anything. The Hawks are going to have to become a top 5 defensive team, before we do anything significant in the playoffs.

These are the kind of bold moves that I think needs to happen though. Seriously, when have we EVER been a major free agent destination? And when do we start being one? At some point our management has got to stop sitting on the sidelines saying "What about us?" and start saying "Why NOT us?". I know it will take some maneuvering, trading, tapdancing, planets/stars aligning, etc. But, the end result is definitely worth it...even if we come away with nothing.

More on the point of the subject though, I've been wondering...what IF two of the major free agents this season (say LBJ and Dwade) go out and change the game. If we bring JJ back, is there a better SnT situation for one of the other major players? This is a club that won 50+ games and has some young capable talent. Scratching off Dwade and LBJ, I don't think it's as impossible to get one of the other guys as some may think.

• Premium Member

the only player worth paying luxury tax for is Bron.