• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When you think about it... we have a lot.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We're a 50+ win team.

We have a lot of trading materials.

There's Joe = Allstar.

There's Smoove = should be allstar.

There's Chillz in a SNT.

There's Crawford's ending contract.

There's Marvin's potential.

There's Bibby's experience.

There's Horf (the guy that everybody wants).

The question is what does Sund want to do?

I was reading on a few team pages at RealGM. Most fans of teams that have money want to go after Horf next offseason. Utah is saying that when AK47 comes off the books, Utah should just overpay for him. It's like people can smell the blood in the water when it comes to us. IF we lose Joe or if we keep him, we don't have the ownership that would pay big money to keep Horf.

So, I think Sund has his work cut out for him. Sund has to have some type of blueprint of what he wants.

Do you make Horf a Pf?

Do you trade Smoove for some C?

Do you hope for a coach that can revive Marvin? (as if Marvin was ever alive?).

Do you bring back Chillz?

Do you trade Chillz?

What will Joe do?

Is Teague the guy for the future? or should we look for another?

If Joe Leaves, do we extend Crawford?

Do we keep Crawford or trade him away for younger potential?

All of these are worthwhile questions that Sund has to answer while looking at his mighty blueprint.

One thing is for certain... The BK blueprint is down and now we are crafting Sund's team.

• Premium Member

I agree that this team has a lot of pieces to offer in trade (contrary to what others may say). I'll say this though, Horford is the one guy the Hawks must hold onto. He's exactly the type of physical, back to the basket power forward a team needs to have an advantage in the playoffs. Seeing as how he's said he wants to play the 4 in recent weeks, the Hawks would do well accommodate his request. If not, he may find somewhere else where they will grant his wish and he'll become a perennial All-Star and the Hawks will be left looking foolish once again.

I agree as well but I see Sund making most of these decisions depending on how next season turns out and depending on what coach he decides on which is a really big one. This next season is going to mean so much can Sund keep this team alive cause we do have alot like you said. It's all questions now............can Sund bring in a coach that will persuade our all star joe to stay?...........can sund get us a true Center in free agency?.....can sund persuade the ASG to overpay and keep Horford or extend his contract over next season?.........Here's a BIG one can the next head coach sund hire keep this team as a 50 win team and get them back in the 2nd round of the playoffs and actually win some games atleast?..........Can sund and this next head coach he hire get childress to come back to improve this team?.........Can the next head coach Sund hire make marvin better?............Will the next head coach Sund hire turn young teague into a good player?........................Many questions will be answered with this next head coach Sund hire and during this free agency!

Guest Walter

We need either a gem to come to us in the draft in one year or two high quality drafts in a row, an upgrade within our existing players or a trade that brings us an upgrade (talent and/or chemistry), a resigned JJ or equal value, and at least a better coach than Woody (I think at least Casey and Johnson are both better than Woody IMO, no idea about Jackson...I do not want Drew.).

Frankly, it seems easier to gut and rebuild a team primarily through the draft, than tinker with a nearly developed team using low draft picks and making trades, small FA signings. Sund's job filling 2-3 smaller holes with no flexibility seems alot more difficult that drafting top 5 every year with $10-20 mil in cap space and only holes to fill was for BK. Goo luck Sund.

W

• Premium Member

We need either a gem to come to us in the draft in one year or two high quality drafts in a row, an upgrade within our existing players or a trade that brings us an upgrade (talent and/or chemistry), a resigned JJ or equal value, and at least a better coach than Woody (I think at least Casey and Johnson are both better than Woody IMO, no idea about Jackson...I do not want Drew.).

Frankly, it seems easier to gut and rebuild a team primarily through the draft, than tinker with a nearly developed team using low draft picks and making trades, small FA signings. Sund's job filling 2-3 smaller holes with no flexibility seems alot more difficult that drafting top 5 every year with $10-20 mil in cap space and only holes to fill was for BK. Goo luck Sund.

W

I'd rather tinker.

Get rid of the wasted contracts and be in a good position to go after guys who are difference makers.

This offseason is historic because there are lots o teams under the cap. That means the possibility for lots o movement.

• Premium Member

I would like to see them take a shot on Nate Robinson. I would be totally against that move if Woody was here but I'm all in if the next coach is Avery Johnson or someone of Johnson's ilk.

• Premium Member

I'd only tinker as well as oppossed to totally rebuilding. I don't think that's necessary. However, the Hawks have to address the weaknesses of this team instead of trying to hide it with gimmicks ala small ball front court and switching defense.

Guest Walter

I'd rather tinker.

Get rid of the wasted contracts and be in a good position to go after guys who are difference makers.

This offseason is historic because there are lots o teams under the cap. That means the possibility for lots o movement.

I was proposing tinkering. I do think we may need to make a trade (or MLE) but I don't think it has to be a major one (MW, ZaZa, JC's rights). Drafting WELL, signing a better coach, and getting = value out of JJ in addition to SOME positive trade IS tinkering.

W