Oakley sounds off on Dwight

• Moderators

Fresh off a hotel security beatdown in Vegas, the one-time former defensive player of the year has an unflattering perspective of the 2-time reigning DPOY, and the former teammate who's his assistant coach.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5252654

Soundbytes from Charles Oakley's interview with the Miami sports radio station:

Oakley on Dwight Howard:

"Dwight Howard is embarrassing Patrick (Ewing) if you ask me. He doesn't have a ball player's mind. And they tell me he is one of the best centers in the game. He wouldn't have even made the league ten years ago. He would be on the bench. They say he won't listen. Dwight won't listen. How can you not listen to Patrick Ewing?"

Oakley on LeBron (and) going to New York:

"I said maybe Chicago or Miami ... I think him and Wade would be great together. I can't tell him to go to New York. New York treated me bad ... When I go to the Knicks games, do you know that they have somebody that follows me around to see what I say to the press?"

Oakley on the possibility of a lockout:

"With the product you got now, you better hope somebody watches you next year ... The league's bad"

Transcripts from an interview chock full of opined contradictions from Oak at:

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/06/04/charles-oakley-on-his-friend-lebron-i-cant-tell-him-to-go-to-new-york-new-york-treated-me-bad/

~lw3

• Moderators

On that last point he is dead on. Look at the playoffs this year. The series were terrible. It had to be a record for most double digit wins in the playoffs. It used to be the west was chock full of great teams but now even the west looks weak. I think there's too much pressure to land the next superstar and gm's won't keep their teams together long enough to become solid teams, but look at who is in the finals. The teams with the veteran stars. Granted they are superstars but they are still vets. All of them at the age that most lesser players get cast off.