• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collison available any interest

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67150/20100612/hornets_may_make_collison_available/

Just want to make everyone aware that I am a big Teague fan and believe that he will flourish under Drew who was a pg himself. However Collison is more of a facilitator as a pg than Teague who is more of a scoring pg. I'm such thinking that we could be good trade partners for the Hornets. I'm not sure what kind of package we could put together and we would have to take back Emeka, Posey or Peja. However I believe any of those players could help us greatly in the playoffs. Emeka is a big body we could use at center to slide Horford to his natural pf position. Peja is still a deadly shooter than could be very effective in any series in the playoffs, and Posey could probably be the most valuable as a lockdown defender in the post season. If we wanted to take a gamble we should definitely look into this as I'm sure Collison will be gone next season with CP3 there. Maybe...

To Hawks: Collison + Emeka

To Hornets: Marvin+ Bibby+Zaza

or

To Hawks: Collison +Peja

To Hornets: Marvin+ Bibby

or

To Hawks: Collison+ Posey

To Hornets: Marvin+Zaza

Thoughts?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67150/20100612/hornets_may_make_collison_available/

Just want to make everyone aware that I am a big Teague fan and believe that he will flourish under Drew who was a pg himself. However Collison is more of a facilitator as a pg than Teague who is more of a scoring pg. I'm such thinking that we could be good trade partners for the Hornets. I'm not sure what kind of package we could put together and we would have to take back Emeka, Posey or Peja. However I believe any of those players could help us greatly in the playoffs. Emeka is a big body we could use at center to slide Horford to his natural pf position. Peja is still a deadly shooter than could be very effective in any series in the playoffs, and Posey could probably be the most valuable as a lockdown defender in the post season. If we wanted to take a gamble we should definitely look into this as I'm sure Collison will be gone next season with CP3 there. Maybe...

To Hawks: Collison + Emeka

To Hornets: Marvin+ Bibby+Zaza

or

To Hawks: Collison +Peja

To Hornets: Marvin+ Bibby

or

To Hawks: Collison+ Posey

To Hornets: Marvin+Zaza

Thoughts?

Get real. What makes anyone think Collison will be available? Really? Even if CP3 was healthy. Collison is not easily moved, he is a find.

Get real. What makes anyone think Collison will be available? Really? Even if CP3 was healthy. Collison is not easily moved, he is a find.

I disagree....Collison won't get any time on the floor worth his value. They will look to gain cap space and improve other positions on the floor for him. He's too good to be a backup. Him and his agent realize this and at some point will push for a trade..guaranteed.

Edited by Spud2Nique

I disagree....Collison won't get any time on the floor worth his value. They will look to gain cap space and improve other positions on the floor for him. He's too good to be a backup. Him and his agent realize this and at some point will push for a trade..guaranteed.

It matters little what he and his agent thinks. It matters that CP3 has health issues and there is no way Collison is moved.

If Collison is moved it's either to a team with cap to get out of one of their bad contracts and save some lux tax or for an expiring deal(s) plus some talent to shave the length off their deals. With that said wtf are you trading equally long and hefty contracts for their long and hefty contracts, any deal for him starts and ends with Jamal's 11 mill expiring.

• Like 1

If Collison is moved it's either to a team with cap to get out of one of their bad contracts and save some lux tax or for an expiring deal(s) plus some talent to shave the length off their deals. With that said wtf are you trading equally long and hefty contracts for their long and hefty contracts, any deal for him starts and ends with Jamal's 11 mill expiring.

Ok, send Jamal then

Now there is the truth.

Collison will only moved if it entices a team to take one of their bad contracts (Okefor, Posey, Peja).

• Premium Member

What about Crawford, Evans, and 2 firsts for Collison and Okafor?

You get two ending contracts. One player who may be good enough to stick (in Craw) and 2 1st round picks. N.O. gets out of the oft injured Okafor who they will replace this draft.

N.O. also will lose Peja's contract along with Craw and Mo's to make them a player in the offseason next year... Or they might trade of Peja during the year?

You get two ending contracts. One player who may be good enough to stick (in Craw) and 2 1st round picks. N.O. gets out of the oft injured Okafor who they will replace this draft.

N.O. also will lose Peja's contract along with Craw and Mo's to make them a player in the offseason next year... Or they might trade of Peja during the year?

Whoa Im not for trading our sixth man J. Crawford and neither is Drew and Sund probably....atleast not right now!

I say we can S&T JJ and add Bibby for Collision and Okafor.

JJ would love to play with cp3 and the new orlean hornets might not get expiring contracts back out of bib and JJ, but again they get a all star guard in JJ and a 3pt shot making vet in bib to play on their bench! Sounds like a equal trade to me we get our pg of the future and big man we badly need, they get a all-star and key veteran....................good trade scenario

What are you talking about ?

Okafor has not missed 1 single game in years.

• Like 1

Whoa Im not for trading our sixth man J. Crawford and neither is Drew and Sund probably....atleast not right now!

Trade a 30 year old 6th man (who will be due a new contract at 31) for a 24 year old starting PG upgrade and 27 year old 10 pt/ 10 rb / 2 blk guy.

How does that sound bad ? We can go sign Flip back for the LLE.