• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: Atlanta Hawks: What’s the deal with Chills?

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
The return of the 'fro?

The return of the 'fro?

The buzz out of Greece is that Josh Childress might not be long for Olympiakos due to money issues. AJC wise guy Jeff Schultz wonders where Chills would fit in with the Hawks.

I’m still not sure Chills would be down for playing for the Hawks. From what I’ve been able to gather, he does want to return to the NBA but would rather sign an offer sheet with another team that the Hawks would be unable to match. That suggests that his hard feelings for the Hawks are more than just about Woody. Of course, Chills might get over that in a minute if he wants back in the league and Atlanta’s $4.8 million qualifying offer is the only deal he can secure (the Hawks hadn’t yet extended the offer as of last week but Rick Sund has said they will).

But Chills should have some NBA value after a strong season in Greece. No doubt he and his representatives (apparently he has a new agent) will be watching the J.J. situation closely. Their hope would be that if the Hawks …

View the full article

• Moderators

Chill, I want you back. You were my favorite Hawk when you were here. That said:

Seems like his problem has been that no one would give him an offer higher than the Hawks offer other than teams requiring a sign and trade who only offered garbage and bad contracts. So bottom line even though he may be 'worth' more, no one is offering more. Life sucks. Just come back dude.