• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GONE-zalez

• Moderators

((My bad, mods, this is for the "Other Sports" section...))

The Florida Marlins have fired manager Fredi Gonzalez and two coaches.

"We can believe we can do better and be better," owner Jeffrey Loria said in a written statement.

Really? Maybe a little better than 34-36, but not much more, certainly not in the NL East with the way the Braves, Mets, and Strasburg has been lately.

He and Pendleton, the likely frontrunners?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Gonzalez got screwed. He's been keeping that team successful for a while. Are they even spending money on players? I haven't really followed them much. I think beating out Pendleton is going to be tough but it would probably be a good idea to get a proven guy.

• Like 1

I've always thought Bobby was training Terry to become a manger, but does Terry even want to become a manager? I like Fredi as the front runner, but an internal option that I like a lot is third base coach Brian Snitker. Snitker's experience at this point is no different than Fredi's was when he got the Marlins job. Brian actually took over the third base coaching duties when Fredi was hired by the Marlins.

• Like 1

I think Glenn Hubbard and Ned Yost are worthy of interviews too. There are plenty of good candidates in the Braves family.

Freddy, Terry, Snitker, Hubbard, Yost, etc.

For what its worth Javey Lopez was on the radio this morning .He said he has alwayse wanted to coach one day and specifically mentioned his desire to be a hitting coach.

Point is .........if Terry is the guy..........Lopez says he wants to be hitting coach.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...