• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Tibor Pleiss taken 31st ... selling the pick to OKC

StateHawks46

FYI....the cheapest thing you can do in the NBA is pay a 2nd round draft pick. If they pick a vet to fill that roster spot, it will cost them the vet minimum of a million plus. Not wanting another rookie on the payroll is actually spending more money, not saving it.

• Moderators

FYI....the cheapest thing you can do in the NBA is pay a 2nd round draft pick. If they pick a vet to fill that roster spot, it will cost them the vet minimum of a million plus. Not wanting another rookie on the payroll is actually spending more money, not saving it.

Which is why this move is so piss poor stupid. Joe Smith > #31 pick? Really?

I agree with you on the economics but the owners that are buying these picks are the ones that believe in investing in their teams and the ones that are selling them are the cheap owners. I see no other way to spin this.

Edited by AHF

I don't know what to think here. Assuming we don't resign our UFAs, we have three roster spots to fill. I am assuming that a 2nd round pick would be cheaper than any veteran. This move doesn't make sense.

• Moderators

I don't know what to think here. Assuming we don't resign our UFAs, we have three roster spots to fill. I am assuming that a 2nd round pick would be cheaper than any veteran. This move doesn't make sense.

This is the Sarver model for the Phoenix Suns.

Don't draft Rajon Rondo so you can sign the great Marcus Banks for twice the cost and 1/10 of the production.

Hold on, can anyone confirm that we are getting cash? ESPN announced the trade was for cash considerations. To me, that is actually conditional cash. Meaning "if Tibor plays for us in the next 3 years, we will pay you $2 million". If its financial considerations and not cash then a situation that I thought couldn't get any worse just did.

• Moderators

Hold on, can anyone confirm that we are getting cash? ESPN announced the trade was for cash considerations. To me, that is actually conditional cash. Meaning "if Tibor plays for us in the next 3 years, we will pay you $2 million". If its financial considerations and not cash then a situation that I thought couldn't get any worse just did.

I can't confirm but cash considerations doesn't usually mean conditional cash. It usually means a payment of some amount of money.

I am SOOOOO disappointed. I think between this and hiring Drew on the cheap, the owners are telling us they don't care. It looks like we are getting ready to "rebuild" again. If they lose JJ now, it is all over. Not sure I'll ever go to another game if they decide they only need to be "respectable". We REALLY need some new owners. Yuck Yuck Yuck

• Moderators

What if we are planning a trade where we need to keep those three roster spots open?

I'll check with the tooth fairy and get back to you on that. (Sorry - I am pissed about this move.)

Edited by AHF

I can't confirm but cash considerations doesn't usually mean conditional cash. It usually means a payment of some amount of money.

Usually, yes. But ESPN reported the other deal involving cash as that, just cash. For our deal, they added in "considerations" which leads me to believe there is a chance this isn't a straight cash move.

• Moderators

Usually, yes. But ESPN reported the other deal involving cash as that, just cash. For our deal, they added in "considerations" which leads me to believe there is a chance this isn't a straight cash move.

If they couldn't get cash for the first pick in the second round (a highly desirable spot), Sund does deserve to be fired.

This is the Sarver model for the Phoenix Suns.

Don't draft Rajon Rondo so you can sign the great Marcus Banks for twice the cost and 1/10 of the production.

Other teams come up with the Big Baby's in the 2nd round the Hawks sell their picks for money lets you know how serious they are. I'm pissed! This Hawk management doesn't know how to draft big men if they fell out of the sky. Hawk management just sell the damn team the Hawks' are not going anywhere with management refusing to put money into the franchise.