• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drafting Dominique Jones would have been the more wise choice over Jordan Crawford

hawks21

Jordan is definitely a scorer who shoots the ball a lot, but Dominque Jones is a more physical guard who gets to the line in the same fashion that a Dwayne Wade gets to the line.

Last season, Jones got to the FT line 10+ times (TWELVE TIMES) to Jordan's two.

• Like 1

Jordan Crawford is either going to backup Jamal this year if Joe leaves or backup Joe next year when Jamal leaves. Ive seen enough of his games to one thing, he can and will score.

yes hes jamal 2.0 i watched him in the tourney and ur exactly right, he can and WILL score. people who dont like the pick have never seen him play

well now that we have 2 Crawfords on the team....if you ever watched jordan play you would see he can start right away. but jamal will take that spot if joe leaves

Jordan is a very creative player in the open floor and has some positive attributes. However, the ability to get to the free throw line is an asset --especially in the half court game (especially against teams like Boston and Ceveland and Orlando). Plus, Dominique is a strong finisher in traffic and the Hawks need that..Marvin doesn't do it, Bibby doesn't do it. Joe Johnson could do it, but rather shoot the jumper...

Jordan is a very creative player in the open floor and has some positive attributes. However, the ability to get to the free throw line is an asset --especially in the half court game (especially against teams like Boston and Ceveland and Orlando). Plus, Dominique is a strong finisher in traffic and the Hawks need that..Marvin doesn't do it, Bibby doesn't do it. Joe Johnson could do it, but rather shoot the jumper...

yea well this now makes jamal expendable to go after possibly rudy gay?

yes hes jamal 2.0 i watched him in the tourney and ur exactly right, he can and WILL score. people who dont like the pick have never seen him play

Most have seen him play, but does his style translate to consistent success on the NBA level--especially in half court situations.

Edited by hawks21

Jordan is definitely a scorer who shoots the ball a lot, but Dominque Jones is a more physical guard who gets to the line in the same fashion that a Dwayne Wade gets to the line.

Last season, Jones got to the FT line 10+ times (TWELVE TIMES) to Jordan's two.

noo sirrrrr

Can't say that i'm too mad about the swap, Hawks actually did good switching picks. Jordan is a tough cover, watched a bit of him in college as a CBB fan. He's basically a more athletic version of Jamal as far as leaping ability and all out sprint speed. Good thing is he actually is on par as a shooter/scorer also. If we can keep Joe somehow; man that's a lot of firepower coming off the bench.

Edited by HawkFoLife

Jordan Crawford is a better perimeter shooter than Dominique Jones, and shooting ability translates better to the NBA than the ability to get to the free throw line, IMO.

Dominique Jones hit only 39% of his jump shots in catch and shoot situations on the season when he was open, and that fell to 31% when he was guarded on those looks. Jordan Crawford show 39% on three pointers alone.

• Premium Member

Jordan Crawford is a better perimeter shooter than Dominique Jones, and shooting ability translates better to the NBA than the ability to get to the free throw line, IMO.

Dominique Jones hit only 39% of his jump shots in catch and shoot situations on the season when he was open, and that fell to 31% when he was guarded on those looks. Jordan Crawford show 39% on three pointers alone.

Agreed. I actually liked Dominique, but Crawford is clearly the more explosive shooter/scorer of the two. Crawford will contribute right away and very well may be the steal of this draft.

I hope Jordan is a "lights-out" player for the Hawks, but Mike Bibby has those good nights on the perimeter, but when he is cold-- he is very cold. That is why I suggest being able to consistently draw fouls is an asset when things aren't going your way from the perimeter.

Paul Pierce is an example of player who shoots very well, but gets to the line...same thing for guys like Kevin Durant or Corey Maggettee or Wade...

I hope we see the same Jordan Crawford that we saw in those You Tube videos ... can Jordan hit 90% of his FTs, 50% of his FGs and 40% of his 3 pointers just like Steve Nash in his prime, if so-- I am sold on Jordan Crawford...?

Edited by hawks21