• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford radio interview

NineOhTheRino

Here is an article on our 1st round pick.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16648

Joe Johnson Insurance: The Atlanta Hawks have not given up hope on re-signing All-Star shooting guard Joe Johnson, but they've accepted him leaving as a serious possibility. In preparation for his potential departure the Hawks made a move for one of the most promising shooting guards in the draft: Jordan Crawford.

Crawford gained national recognition last summer after dunking on LeBron James at his skills academy. It's still the first thing people talk about when mentioning him, which has worn on Crawford a bit.

"I'm definitely sick of talking about it," admitted Crawford to 790 the Zone in Atlanta. "I really don't like living off of one thing. When they kept talking about it, I was tired of it. I guess it's something that is always going to live on."

View Yannis Koutroupis Archive While that video will always live in infamy, it was nowhere near enough for NBA scouts and GMs to take notice. After all it was just a dunk and as James White and Gerald Green can tell you it takes more to make it in the league than just being able to throw it down impressively.

Crawford put himself on the NBA radar with a standout sophomore campaign at Xavier in which he averaged 20.5 points, four rebounds, and nearly three assists. He showcased an extensive offensive arsenal that he is prepared to utilize as soon as next year in the case that Johnson signs elsewhere.

"That's what I'm prepared for," said Crawford when asked about taking over for Johnson. "I'm going off to school tomorrow to get in the gym every day. I'm definitely preparing to get thrown out there and be ready."

The Hawks love the mindset that Crawford is approaching the offseason with because they could need him to play a big role as a rookie. There is also the chance that he could be asked to sit back and learn which Crawford realizes.

"I really don't know what to expect, but I'm definitely excited," said Crawford. "I know a lot about the team after watching them play in the playoffs. In this upcoming summer league I get to play with Jeff Teague in the backcourt. That's probably what I'm most excited about now is just going to summer league with him."

For a lot of players summer league is something they can't get out of that they don't take too seriously. Crawford is all business every time he steps out on the floor though and won't be looking to take it easy on the opposition.

"I always play with a chip on my shoulder," revealed Crawford. "I think that gives me an advantage and makes me feel like I've got something to prove. I'm definitely an aggressive player on the offensive and defensive end just looking to make statement. I don't just want to go down there and just play and have fun. I want to win every game really and leave Vegas undefeated."

That kind of competitiveness is exactly what the Hawks lacked in their second round defeat to the Orlando Magic. Crawford will never back down or quit fighting and that's why the Hawks are sleeping a little bit sounder even though Johnson could still be on his way out.

Edited by coachx

You got to love the kids responce to this question:

Once you sign your contract and get your bonus money, what will your 1st purchase be ?

I don't know but definately something for my mom.

Ding, ding, ding...............Right answer ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Momma raised a good one !

I can't wait to see him and Teague in action. Hopefully they mesh well. Really want to see how this Pape Sy guy plays aswell..

after seeing 9 min of highlights we sure can get rid of jj. jc looks trenendous from outside & slashing to the basket,makes jj look like he is playing in slow motion

That kind of competitiveness is exactly what the Hawks lacked in their second round defeat to the Orlando Magic. Crawford will never back down or quit fighting and that's why the Hawks are sleeping a little bit sounder even though Johnson could still be on his way out

Got to love this part right here, I was already sold on the kid but this sold me even more.