• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do the Hawks really want Joe Johnson?

HawkWeisErrr

Are the Hawks seriously planning on paying Johnson 119 million dollars? Do they really believe he is the type of player that not only deserves that type of contract but the type that can take you to the next level? Are they really going to gamble the future on a 20 ppg player with no leadership, no killer instinct, and one that goes missing in the playoffs?

Signing JJ to a 6 year max contract is so idiotic IMO that it's really very hard for me to understand.

The question is, is this what the Hawks REALLY want? How can they? What do they believe is gonna happen? What, to them, makes Johnson worth the money and the risk? What am I missing? There has to be something.

Is a S&T in the works? Is that what this is all about? If so, that's great, but why would another team want that contract? In the NBA, another team would have to take on Johnson's contract if he were traded right? I'll admit I'm not on par with the NBA cap rules.

:help wanted3:

Are the Hawks seriously planning on paying Johnson 119 million dollars? Do they really believe he is the type of player that not only deserves that type of contract but the type that can take you to the next level? Are they really going to gamble the future on a 20 ppg player with no leadership, no killer instinct, and one that goes missing in the playoffs?

Signing JJ to a 6 year max contract is so idiotic IMO that it's really very hard for me to understand.

The question is, is this what the Hawks REALLY want? How can they? What do they believe is gonna happen? What, to them, makes Johnson worth the money and the risk? What am I missing? There has to be something.

Is a S&T in the works? Is that what this is all about? If so, that's great, but why would another team want that contract? In the NBA, another team would have to take on Johnson's contract if he were traded right? I'll admit I'm not on par with the NBA cap rules.

:help wanted3:

I don't like the contract but hell its not my money. and if ur

serious about contending for a championship you have to do it. jj right now is the pre big 3 paul pierce. with the right system plus supporting cast we can win a championship w/ him.

hopefully, drew has the right system for him. we all know the woody iso joe O was great in the regular season but in the playoffs, it was easily stopped. w/ the right system I think he becomes more effective in the post season.

also, either j smoove and big al need to keep improving tremendously (becoming indisputable top 5 players at their positions) or we need to make a trade for a true superstar.

instead of being unhappy w/ the contract, im excited that our supposed frugal ownership is spending money and talking about paying the luxury tax for the right player(s). it shows me they just might be serious about going for a ring. F*** what all these outsiders are saying about the hawks and the contract. they're always negative about our team anyways.

^^^ :cant believe: if they're serious about condending for a championship you HAVE to give that 29 yr old bum a $119mil????!! LOL@ the Hawks being the laughing stock of the NBA right now and Joe Johnson being the new Jamarcus Russell. Glad the Knicks didn't have that mentality. "We must do everything in our power to sign Joe Johnson so we can contend for a championship." Sorry my friend, but the Hawks are not contending for anything at least for the next 6 years. You have been handicapped by a mediocre SG who dissed your fans. Joe Johnson will be a 35 year old jump shooter. Say that out loud. Wow. Stop kidding yourselves. Dude has reached his peak as far as talent. He ain't getting any better. Poor Hawks, smh. The things you could have done more with that money. Here comes the Knicks, Bulls, and Miami....Oh yeah, and Orlando...ouch!!

Edited by LordOfNYork

^^^ :cant believe: if they're serious about condending for a championship you HAVE to give that 29 yr old bum a $119mil????!! LOL@ the Hawks being the laughing stock of the NBA right now and Joe Johnson being the new Jamarcus Russell. Glad the Knicks didn't have that mentality. "We must do everything in our power to sign Joe Johnson so we can contend for a championship." Sorry my friend, but the Hawks are not contending for anything at least for the next 6 years. You have been handicapped by a mediocre SG who dissed your fans. Joe Johnson will be a 35 year old jump shooter. Say that out loud. Wow. Stop kidding yourselves. Dude has reached his peak as far as talent. He ain't getting any better. Poor Hawks, smh. The things you could have done more with that money. Here comes the Knicks, Bulls, and Miami....Oh yeah, and Orlando...ouch!!

Let us know how Amar'e works out for ya now you hear

Wouldn't that be something if Tony Parker or Melo or both followed Amare over to the Garden?

You must think the Knicks have 60 million in cap space LMAO. 3 players times 19 mill a year is 57 million or did this simple math problem escape you?

You must think the Knicks have 60 million in cap space LMAO. 3 players times 19 mill a year is 57 million or did this simple math problem escape you?

Haha I'm sure I'm more confident in my favorite team for the next 5 years than you are with yours....Good luck though. $119mil to Joe=NBA title....

Haha I'm sure I'm more confident in my favorite team for the next 5 years than you are with yours....Good luck though. $119mil to Joe=NBA title....

Maybe just as confident is a better set of words to use. But that is ok Lord, you Knick fans have paid a high price for the Houston and Thomas days. So maybe things swing your way a little just once; and you can start making the playoffs again.