• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets make a RUN at Melo now ...

Swiftkick

Looks like he not going to sign ..has also put his house up for sale..we all keep hearing likely destination for Melo is NY ..well lets be the first one to go to Denver with a legit offer.. Id rather pair Joe with a Carmelo then with a Chris Paul..Also if we had to take on Paul we would more then likely take on Oakfor contract

so whatever it takes lets make it happen management.

Im figuring they want a decent package..Marvin Williams/Teague/ Josh Smith/ Jordan Crawford for Carmelo/Ty Lawson...Nuggets could then plus Josh Smith and move K Mart

Salaries match up 18 million

Starting 2010 ATLANTA HAWKS

PG Ty Lawson

SG Joe Johnson

SF Carmelo

PF Horford

C Shaq

Thats a legit championship caliber team

Edited by Swiftkick

I love Melo's offensive game (no glaring flaws at all), but his persona and character just rub me the wrong way, along with playing D only when he wants to or if he's on primetime and asked to step up to the challenge of checking Kobe or LeBron for a spell. Western Conference Finals one year, bounced out the First Round the next. He doesn't deserve all the blame (I despise George Karl's ideals and style), but there's just something missing to his leadership and intangibles, not to mention you can pen him in to miss 10-20 games a season. I'll pass, even if there were a possiblility.

Edited by benhillboy

Maybe this part??

Marvin Williams/Teague/ Josh Smith/ Jordan Crawford for Carmelo/Ty Lawson.

Think that is a pretty fair trade for both sides..

Hawks get Melo who would then need to sign a long term contract .. who is he is not doing in Denver..Melo is a star no doubt but a star that Denver is about to lose for maybe nothing

and a back up point guard in Lawson who would be starting for us.

Nuggets get

Josh Smith a potential star in right system..put him along Chauncey and he will see more potential

Marvin Williams a nice player nothing more has also not reached his potential

Jordan Crawford in 4 years can be a 20ppg game scorer if given the playing time

Teague ...backup pg

I love Melo's offensive game (no glaring flaws at all), but his persona and character just rub me the wrong way, along with playing D only when he wants to or if he's on primetime and asked to step up to the challenge of checking Kobe or LeBron for a spell. Western Conference Finals one year, bounced out the First Round the next. He doesn't deserve all the blame (I despise George Karl's ideals and style), but there's just something missing to his leadership and intangibles, not to mention you can pen him in to miss 10-20 games a season. I'll pass, even if there were a possiblility.

Melo shows up though in playoffs.He cant do it by himself

Pair him with a guy like Joe Johnson who can shoulder some of the load ..he will be the player that puts us over the top

Nuggets aren't trafing Carmelo Anthony

I think they are..He has house on sale..they asked him to sign ext ..They def dont want him to to leave for nothing

and what could the Knicks offer more then us ?

Its possible..Pair him along with Joe..Move AL to PF ...sign Shaq

we are a legit championship team

The idea that he is going to the Knicks is not that they would trade for him but that he would sign with them next season when he is a free agent. If the amount of money he can make off of his contract is limited by the new CBA next season then a market with larger endorsement opportunities would be more favorable in order to maximize his earnings. Denver is currently banking on Carmelo accepting their current offer rather than face the uncertainty of 2011 but he has options. Again, this is why I have no desire at all to trade for Melo because we would just be inheriting the same headache and I want no repeats of Danny Manning.