• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now Lebron is In Miami, Atl needs to trade to contend

DJKadafi

Well sometimes it helps put pressure on the Hawks to better themselves now that our rival just got better and is clearly a better team than the Hawks.Sitting and doing nothing won't improve gate attendance or make us better. This team has been together long enough and has shown it doesn't have the pieces to go all the way.

Ditto. I remember years ago when I and several others at Georgia State clamored about getting a football program started but was constantly stiff-armed by then-former GSU president Carl Patton, who cared nothing about the sport and the impact it could bring to a college campus. He would say some of the most ridiculous stuff like 'when we sellout for volleyball, then we'll talk'. You know what finally got him to move? Watching Kennesaw State up the street in Cobb County talk about adding football and coming up with plans for a stadium, et al. The next thing you know, Dan Reeves comes out of the blue to help raise $$$, Bill Curry is brought in to start things up, and well, seven weeks from now, they'll be kicking off for the very first time.

Some people focus under pressure while others fold. If you thought the heat (no pun intended) wasn't on Sund and the Notorious A.S.G. to get the Hawks better before, it surely is now. This squad isn't couped up somewhere in Portland or even in another division like Boston's Big Three was; they're in the same 'effin division. The Hawks cannot, cannot, CANNOT sit on their hands and hope for the 'want to' bug to one day bite Marvin on his backside. We've seen the endgame the past two playoffs; the status quo isn't enough.

I think we need to dump marvin for whatever we can get and sign al harigton. He has been phenomenal the past few years and would excel in this system. His mindset from when he was on the hawks an was a thug had completely changed. But it is still very early into free agency so hopefully Sund has something up his sleeve

I think if the Hawks could pull off the rumored (mostly on here) Paul/Okafor deal we'd solve 2 issues with one move. Either way, I think the Hawks still have a solid team (top 4 in the East if not top 2 or 3). Miami is definitely improved over last season, but they've only got 4 players under contract and 3 2nd round picks. They've got a long way to go before I'd crown them NBA champs. We have no idea how Wade, Bron, and Bosh will mesh together. They have no defense down low yet. They still don't have a good PG even though Wade and Bron off-set that quite a bit. They also have no depth if one of their players goes down with an injury. I'm sure they'll win alot of games in the regular season, and quite possibly secure the top spot in the East regardless of how they fill out their roster, but the playoffs is all about depth.

Panic is not an option. Knee jerk trades are usually bad ideas.

The Heat are a formidable force. There is not doubt about it. However, they will have weaknesses. The Hawks need to study them carefully and play as a tight unit. With the right discipline and dedication, the Hawks can overcome the Heat.

The rumored trade of Smoove/Crawford for Paul/Okafur might help the Hawks, but it could just as easily ruin the team. Paul is probably the best PG in the league but he has some knee issues that may be more significant than advertised. Okafur is a good Center, but I doubt he is any better than Horford. Both players will come with expensive price tags (Paul is up for a new contract in two seasons). I am not saying that the Hawks should avoid the rumored trade, I am just saying that the trade is not a slam dunk. Message board amateurs can make all the comments they want, but they don't share in the blame and they certainly don't pay the bills.

Finally, Horford has publicly stated that he needs help in the interior. His comments can be interpreted in a few ways:

1. He does not want to play Center anymore.

2. He would like the team to trade for a PF with better defensive skills.

3. He wants the new HC to scheme for more defensive support in the interior.

I have no idea what Horford has in mind, but I do expect the Hawks to sit up and listen to this normally quiet man. They must sit down with him and discuss the future of this team. He is a foundation type of player and his opinions must count. In the meantime, be patient. All is not lost.

We needed to make a move regardless of what Miami was going to do the key here is to make the right move and not one of panic .

People need to get off the Chris Paul pipe dream they are not going to DUMP Chris Paul just to get rid of Okafor because while they may not like his salary he still is a double double defensive machine that gives them almost 2 blocks a game . We would have to gut the team to get both of them .

The Suns could be open to trading Nash heck they may even take Marvin and Mo and picks as he has one year left on his deal . The Suns get a young defensive sf with offensive skills on the cheap and future assets this gives the Suns a nucleus of Lopez,Frye,Marvin,Dragic . The Suns can then send Jrich to the Twolves for jefferson and there starting 5 becomes Lopez,Jefferson,Marvin,Barbosa,Dragic and they would still be way under the cap .

Troll ALERT, your giving us NO shot at all. We are still a better TEAM even with the three of them. If anything this will show us ALL just what Joe and the rest of the Hawks are made of next season. This should be fun.

Are you insane? There is absolutely no way that this current Hawks team is better than Miami's current squad. We took Milwaukee to a seventh game and the new and improved Miami team sweeps those clowns. We need to make a move and it honestly doesn't seem like we're going to improve at all. The ownership seemed content with keeping Joe Johnson and crossing their fingers that we could land a top notch free agent and call it an off season. Well we knocked out one of those things.

Now the The new BIG 3 Lebron, Chris & Wade are now playing together. Atl need to sacrifice our young players to make some major trades. What players we should trade for to have our BIG 3?

There is nothing that can realistically be done. There isn't one player in the league that could be added that would make this team better than Miami. MIami is raping the entire league... Not just the Hawks. Many of teams. They probably have Miller and Fisher is going to fly in to talk to Pat Riley. No matter if people like it or not, Pat will field a competitive bench. It sucks, but he will do it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Are you insane? There is absolutely no way that this current Hawks team is better than Miami's current squad. We took Milwaukee to a seventh game and the new and improved Miami team sweeps those clowns. We need to make a move and it honestly doesn't seem like we're going to improve at all. The ownership seemed content with keeping Joe Johnson and crossing their fingers that we could land a top notch free agent and call it an off season. Well we knocked out one of those things.

So, you are saying that Atlanta right now is not better than the three players Miami has?