• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

listen to 790 The Zone

Brotha2ThaNite

Acie has been discarded by 2 hall of fame coaches and another team since leaving- how on earth is it Woodson's fault that Woodson drafted a crappy player? Its to woodson's credit that he didn't waste more minutes on Acie.

I don't agree with that. The only reason Acie got traded so many times last season is because the teams he was on already had serviceable young point guards. In Golden State: Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, CJ Watson. In Charlotte: Raymond Felton and DJ Augustin.

• Premium Member

Gosh. I can't believe the ASG weren't willing to give a new contract to a coach that openly says he sacrificed the future and best interests of the team for present success (i.e., "I would have developed the rookie if I had security in my job and a perspective of putting this team in the best position for the future but I didn't" [not a real quote]) and then set the new standard for worst post-season series loss in NBA history in a #2 versus #3 matchup. Seems like we ended up with the worst of all worlds - a team that didn't set itself up for the future and set itself up for a disaster in the post-season all in the name of maximizing regular season success (which at most moved us from the #4 seed to the #3 seed).

1 word: Survival

I'm not mad at the man for putting his family first.

Acie has been discarded by 2 hall of fame coaches and another team since leaving- how on earth is it Woodson's fault that BK drafted a crappy player? Its to woodson's credit that he didn't waste more minutes on Acie.

Wow someone had the nerve to leave negative points for this post?? Someone must have some really hurt feelings to be able to disagree with what spotatl said here. Acie was it you that gave spot a negative point?

Wow someone had the nerve to leave negative points for this post?? Someone must have some really hurt feelings to be able to disagree with what spotatl said here. Acie was it you that gave spot a negative point?

Yeah I thought that was egregious while reading so I had already repped him back to zero. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you give 'em the minus; that's from the Official +/- Scorebook. Besides, it was a good point.

Let's keep it ethical and above board around here.

• Moderators

Has Woody gotten a call from his old pal Doc yet? Getting Thibo's old spot still seems like a good fit... although something about "Big Baby" and "switching defense" in the same sentence sounds like a punchline.

~lw3