• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Indecision by Sund?

ryandauwalker

I think the Summer League might have more of an impact than we might think on how things shake up this offseason.

This will be Sund's first chance to see Teague lead a team, Crawford play for the Hawks, and if there are any big guys that can play for the minimum.

If Teague continues to play like he did yesterday (and say things to the media like he did), he might make a deal for CP3.

If Jordan Crawford fills it up like he has, we might think that it's best to ship Jamal Crawford out for the betterment of the team and deal with Jordan as the 6th man.

I am just as anxious as you are, but these games could actually help Sund gauge how good Teague and Crawford are to this team. I know Summer League games can only be taken with a grain of salt, but it might explain his indecision.

Thoughts?

You guys over estimate summer league. Hell wasn't Dion Glover MVP 5 years in a row or something. Those games are awful. I do think that JC2 will be a good player lets see him against guys that won't be working at the car wash next week.

I knew that reaction would come. I don't think that Summer League success will be evidence of great NBA success, but it might give Rick Sund a little more data to work off of to make the most educated decision.

Teague is a big question mark and he is about to be given the keys to the Bentley. There is also a major PG out there on the trading block, so it would be nice to see how Teague plays live even if it is in Summer League.

A deal that big would probably include Jamal Crawford because of his large expiring contract. If Jordan plays well, it might give Sund more comfort in trading Jamal away.

This is NOT to say the following:

1) Teauge is a bum if he turns it over 9 times in a Summer League game (considering how it is so sloppy with no supporting cast).

2) Jordan Crawford will average 18 points a game off the bench in the NBA because he is filling it up right now in Summer League.

Hopefully I am making sense and not contradicting myself. Does this make sense to anybody but me?

• Premium Member

You guys over estimate summer league. Hell wasn't Dion Glover MVP 5 years in a row or something. Those games are awful. I do think that JC2 will be a good player lets see him against guys that won't be working at the car wash next week.

and our own Marvin Williams was the MVP 2 or 3 years ago

I knew that reaction would come. I don't think that Summer League success will be evidence of great NBA success, but it might give Rick Sund a little more data to work off of to make the most educated decision.

Teague is a big question mark and he is about to be given the keys to the Bentley. There is also a major PG out there on the trading block, so it would be nice to see how Teague plays live even if it is in Summer League.

A deal that big would probably include Jamal Crawford because of his large expiring contract. If Jordan plays well, it might give Sund more comfort in trading Jamal away.

1) Teauge is a bum if he turns it over 9 times in a Summer League game (considering how it is so sloppy with no supporting cast).

2) Jordan Crawford will average 18 points a game off the bench in the NBA because he is filling it up right now in Summer League.

Hopefully I am making sense and not contradicting myself. Does this make sense to anybody but me?

First of all, Teague did turn the ball over 9 times,but 8 were in the first half. He did recover quite well and had a good game the second half. Also Oj Mayo had 6 turnovers against us, John Wall had 9 turn overs also and Eric Bledsoe. This is summer league, but they are all professionals.

First of all, Teague did turn the ball over 9 times,but 8 were in the first half. He did recover quite well and had a good game the second half. Also Oj Mayo had 6 turnovers against us, John Wall had 9 turn overs also and Eric Bledsoe. This is summer league, but they are all professionals.

Read my post again. I'm saying that my comments are not to downgrade Teague and I think it means very little that he turned it over nine times.

• Premium Member

Interesting point and I get what you're saying. Sund indicated himself that he was a guy who liked to have as much information possible before making a decision. Only time will tell if the performance of Teague or Crawford during the Summer league will have an impact on future decisions. I think it's key to look at skill sets, disposition and ability rather than just stats when looking at these games. In light of that, Dion Glover's and Marvin Williams' performance in the summer league didn't impress me much.