• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have a stupid question

JRid

First off this is my first post, although I read these boards every day, so take it easy on me.

Is it possible to have Josh Smith play center some while Al plays PF? Josh is almost the same size as Al and as Amare Stoudemire. Al does struggle with some guys and he wants to play PF more. I'm not saying have Josh as center all of the time, but maybe try him out on some of the guys Al has a hard time guarding. Do you think Josh can do any better?

This just popped in my head and I haven't really thought it through, but I wanted to see what you guys think about it. Why is it not a good idea or is it? It doesn't look like we are signing another center worth a crap so maybe it's worth a try just to change things up a bit.

• Like 1

Josh doesn't weigh enough. His body would take a pounding. He'd wind up getting a bunch of nagging injuries in all likelyhood.

Josh isn't a great fundamental rebounder either.

How many times have u yelled at him to box out?

I have yelled at Josh Smith so many times. "Box out," "don't shoot," and "dear god, don't shoot" are the three most common things I've yelled. It's almost reflexive at this point. My dog, Gertrude (a bassett hound) is a complete idiot. Occasionally, she'll do something that's not allowed and I'll yell "DAMN IT, JOSH SMITH" before I realize where I am.

• Like 1

Stoudemire is 6'10 245 with a 9 ft standing reach and Al is 6'10 245 with an 8'11 reach. Josh Smith it 6'9 240 with an 8'11 standing reach. Like I said I'm thinking have Josh move to center only some of the time, which should cut down on possible injuries.

I have yelled at Josh Smith so many times. "Box out," "don't shoot," and "dear god, don't shoot" are the three most common things I've yelled. It's almost reflexive at this point. My dog, Gertrude (a bassett hound) is a complete idiot. Occasionally, she'll do something that's not allowed and I'll yell "DAMN IT, JOSH SMITH" before I realize where I am.

haha, yes, but LD is going to straighten Josh out this year and have him boxing out and not shooting way out by the 3 point line. This is part sarcasm and part thinking positive.

Maybe playing center will help force Josh to box out and not be outside shooting just inside the 3 point line. This is also sarcasm and positive thinking.

• Like 1

haha, yes, but LD is going to straighten Josh out this year and have him boxing out and not shooting way out by the 3 point line. This is part sarcasm and part thinking positive.

Maybe playing center will help force Josh to box out and not be outside shooting just inside the 3 point line. This is also sarcasm and positive thinking.

Maybe this year we will find out how much of the problem was Woody and how much Smoove?

First off this is my first post, although I read these boards every day, so take it easy on me.

Is it possible to have Josh Smith play center some while Al plays PF? Josh is almost the same size as Al and as Amare Stoudemire. Al does struggle with some guys and he wants to play PF more. I'm not saying have Josh as center all of the time, but maybe try him out on some of the guys Al has a hard time guarding. Do you think Josh can do any better?

This just popped in my head and I haven't really thought it through, but I wanted to see what you guys think about it. Why is it not a good idea or is it? It doesn't look like we are signing another center worth a crap so maybe it's worth a try just to change things up a bit.

When they play small ball he does play center. That is the only time I think he should play center.

LMAO!!!