• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Can't Wait for Late October

IHeartAtlanta

http://www.youtube.com/user/IHeartAtlanta27

These are some YouTube mixes i made of the Hawks, and man it gets me excited about basketball season, i already renewed my season tickets and Cannot Wait!!!!

Sorry if I shouldn't have made a new topic for this, but i will root for the Hawks regardless of how overpaid Joe is, how bad our Ownership is, etc. etc. and I cannot understand for the life of me why when i read posts on here there are almost nothing but negatives, if you hate soo much about the Hawks, why root for them????

BRAVO!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :handshake:

These are some YouTube mixes i made of the Hawks, and man it gets me excited about basketball season, i already renewed my season tickets and Cannot Wait!!!!

Sorry if I shouldn't have made a new topic for this, but i will root for the Hawks regardless of how overpaid Joe is, how bad our Ownership is, etc. etc. and I cannot understand for the life of me why when i read posts on here there are almost nothing but negatives, if you hate soo much about the Hawks, why root for them????

I think they believe they are helping. Construtive critism is one thing, but saying I boycotting the team or I'm never going to support them anymore is why we get no respect from the Media, players, or any other real fanbase from other cities. I know all cities complain but try and go to Boston and talk bad about the Red Sox. They would cuss you out and say go back to where ever you came from.

I also think our fellow squawkers also forget a few things, like there are 29 other teams all trying to do the same thing we are, that the players have to want to come here, that their are restrictions on how a team can operate financially and a host of other things.

All in all, we're pretty spoiled as a sports city compared to other teams. Imagine you are a Golden State fan or worse yet, you live in Seattle.

People don't hate the team. They hate not having the chance to compete for a championship....ever

People who have been fans 20+ years would at the very least like to have taste of the eastern Eastern conference finals

The ASG has a chance to get us there, but they are just sitting on their hands.

Look at all the other teams that have been there.

teams that have made to the at least Eastern conference finals in the last 15 years

Celtics, Magic, Cavs, Heat. Pistons, Nets, pacers, Sixers, Bucks

Knicks, Bulls

Teams that haven't played in a championship game.

Hawks, Wizards, Raptors, Bobcats

So, the Hawks are in a group with 2 expansion teams and the worst east team in the last 25 years (wizards) :shock11:

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

People don't hate the team. They hate not having the chance to compete for a championship....ever

People who have been fans 20+ years would at the very least like to have taste of the eastern Eastern conference finals

teams that have made to the at least Eastern conference finals in the last 15 years

Knicks, Bulls

So, the Hawks are in a group with 2 expansion teams and the worst east team in the last 25 years (wizards) :shock11:

I remember two teams we had that could have won the title for us. One was the team with Reggie Theus, Moses Malone, and Dominique. The other was when Jordan went to play baseball. The media used the fans complaints to break up the first team, and trade Dominique on the second team. If you look at our sports history in Atlanta, we always have had the media never recoginize us, and polarized fan complaints. This is the national and local media!

I remember two teams we had that could have won the title for us. One was the team with Reggie Theus, Moses Malone, and Dominique. The other was when Jordan went to play baseball. The media used the fans complaints to break up the first team, and trade Dominique on the second team. If you look at our sports history in Atlanta, we always have had the media never recoginize us, and polarized fan complaints. This is the national and local media!

Are u saying the media got Nique traded?

Why would they recognize a team that hadn't been deep in the playoff?

Respect is earned.Even Orlando got the "are they for real" treatment from the media until they went to the finals.

http://www.youtube.c...IHeartAtlanta27

Welcome and by all means make as many new topics as you want. Good job on the mixes! In case you're wondering I've disabled automatic parsing of links for new members for safety reasons but once you get to 15 or 20 posts (I don't remember which off the top of my head) you won't be considered a new member anymore.

Knicks, Bulls

This above post is it 100%.

clicklandshopping

I think they believe they are helping. Construtive critism is one thing, but saying I boycotting the team or I'm never going to support them anymore is why we get no respect from the Media, players, or any other real fanbase from other cities. I know all cities complain but try and go to Boston and talk bad about the Red Sox. They would cuss you out and say go back to where ever you came from.

Comparing us to the Red Sox and the money they spend to try and get to the world series is spinach to apples. We are not even in the same food group. Whenever we get a few decent players its seems whom ever our management team is makes a blunder or becomes completely polarized with the current product. The difference is that the Red Sox keep making expensive moves even if some fail; and we stop for years at a time.

Seriously, when were the Red Sox so bad they had multiple top ten draft picks in a row? You might as well be comparing us to the Dallas Mavericks LMAO.

Are u saying the media got Nique traded?

Why would they recognize a team that hadn't been deep in the playoff?

Respect is earned.Even Orlando got the "are they for real" treatment from the media until they went to the finals.

Because the media kept harping on the fans think Dominique is to selfish to ever win a NBA championship,just like they did with Jordan. The only difference was Jordan got all the Media hype like LeBron and Dominique was always a afterthought, except by the players. Jordan once said that Dominique was the player he looked at and said, "Wow" but the media never recognized him even in that light. As far as making it far in the playoff, maybe if he had a chance to really gel with the players that we traded for or had consistent coaching,maybe he would have been more sucessful. Jordan had his lumps also in the playoff, but was given a chance to see who he could be sucessful with.

The Media didn't have anything to do with Dominique being traded

Pete Babcock said.(i don't let star players retire on me)

Nique was 34 years old and Babcock was not going to resign him, So they tried to get something for him

i agree that he didn't get the respect he deserved and people never point out that he never had a sidekick as good as Pippen, Dumars, Worthy, Mchale ect

Edited by pimp

That Moses and Theus team was broken up because Turner was also sinking a fortune in the Braves. It was a business decision pure and simple. Ted wanted a championship in Atlanta and the younger Braves appeared to be his best hope for that after the 1st round flop that Hawks team had in the playoffs.

I still think we could have pushed for a championship with that team if kept together; but given the youth of the Braves vs the age of that Moses team, you can't totally fault his logic.

Knicks, Bulls

Great point. But to me that says even more why they should have re-signed Joe Johnson. We have no chance at getting that ECF feat without Joe. With him one of these years we could get by Orlando as 2nd best team in the East. Or at least we have a legit shot. We're just as good as Chicago and Boston is getting old,

I love the Hawks as well and admire your enthusiasm. I was just like you when I first started following the Hawks as a teen and we drafted Pistol Pete. I still watch them and root for them but after 35 plus years of no championships, I am having my doubts as to whether I will ever see one.

Good for you and keep up the positive attitude. We need it around here for sure!

Edited by Buzzard

This above post is it 100%.

Comparing us to the Red Sox and the money they spend to try and get to the world series is spinach to apples. We are not even in the same food group. Whenever we get a few decent players its seems whom ever our management team is makes a blunder or becomes completely polarized with the current product. The difference is that the Red Sox keep making expensive moves even if some fail; and we stop for years at a time.

Seriously, when were the Red Sox so bad they had multiple top ten draft picks in a row? You might as well be comparing us to the Dallas Mavericks LMAO.

Red Sox fan have alway support their team, even those they hadn't won a world series in like 50 years. The Braves won their division 15 straight year,went to the world series 3 or 4 times, and finally won one world series, and they can't even get much support. If you don't want to talk about the Red Sox, how about the New Orleans Saint!

The Media didn't have anything to do with Dominique being traded

Pete Babcock said.(i don't let star players retire on me)

Nique was 34 years old and Babcock was not going to resign him, So they tried to get something for him

i agree that he didn't get the respect he deserved and people never point out that he never had a sidekick as good as Pippen, Dumars, Worthy, Mchale ect

Yeah you may be right. I just remember the only newsabout the Hawks were always negative and somehow we have to stop the disrespect.

Knicks, Bulls

Not true. The St. Louis Hawks have a Championship, meaning so do we lol.