• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Can't Wait for Late October

IHeartAtlanta

• Moderators

Not true. The St. Louis Hawks have a Championship, meaning so do we lol.

He is talking about not having done those things over the last 15 or 25 years (not sure which). The Wizards/Bullets won a championship a lot more recently than the Hawks.

Edited by AHF

Red Sox fan have alway support their team, even those they hadn't won a world series in like 50 years. The Braves won their division 15 straight year,went to the world series 3 or 4 times, and finally won one world series, and they can't even get much support. If you don't want to talk about the Red Sox, how about the New Orleans Saint!

lol @ The Saints. You must not remember the"Aints". The Saints were a dissmal franchise until after Katrina struck and then, for very good reason, they received the sympathy of a entire nation. Use any sport you like. When you are talking about a franchise ( any franchise) that has never made it to a conference championship and does not like to spend money, the comparisons will be similar. And you will not have many teams to compare with. Saints have now won a super bowl and also went to a conference championship in 2006.

Find a team that has bever been to a conference championship, then compare. Your references to Boston does not work ( lots of league championship losses before winning it all). And the modern history of the Saints does not work.

Edited by Buzzard

He is talking about not having done those things over the last 15 or 25 years (not sure which). The Wizards/Bullets won a championship a lot more recently than the Hawks.

I am really talking about since I have been following them (1974). Pretty sure GABALLA knows this though.

Edited by Buzzard

lol @ The Saints. You must not remember the"Aints". The Saints were a dissmal franchise until after Katrina struck and then, for very good reason, they received the sympathy of a entire nation. Use any sport you like. When you are talking about a franchise ( any franchise) that has never made it to a conference championship and does not like to spend money, the comparisons will be similar. And you will not have many teams to compare with. Saints have now won a super bowl and also went to a conference championship in 2006.

Find a team that has bever been to a conference championship, then compare. Your references to Boston does not work ( lots of league championship losses before winning it all). And the modern history of the Saints does not work.

Yes, the Saint. One thing the Saint have always had were a great owner, great loyal fan, and media coverage. I've been a Falcon fan since 1982 and alway could not believe how a sorry franchise like the Saints had so much support. I didn't find out until recently with there success why. Because that was all New Orleans had.

As far as winning Conference championships goes, you got me. But I did find out that the Hawks are 6th all-times as far as playoff appearance go only behind LA, Boston, Phili, Detroit anf NY. So we do have a winning tradition just like the great teams. We just have to take the next step and the media certainly won't help us out.

Yes, the Saint. One thing the Saint have always had were a great owner, great loyal fan, and media coverage. I've been a Falcon fan since 1982 and alway could not believe how a sorry franchise like the Saints had so much support. I didn't find out until recently with there success why. Because that was all New Orleans had.

As far as winning Conference championships goes, you got me. But I did find out that the Hawks are 6th all-times as far as playoff appearance go only behind LA, Boston, Phili, Detroit anf NY. So we do have a winning tradition just like the great teams. We just have to take the next step and the media certainly won't help us out.

Fans, Media, and owners have been saying this since the Hawks got here. And comparing a NBA team to a football team in the south is not quite fair; but I still remember the aints and you should google it if you don't. Not exactly a great group of fans.

Now back on the subject, how did all those loyal New Orleans fans do with the Hornets this season?

Fans, Media, and owners have been saying this since the Hawks got here. And comparing a NBA team to a football team in the south is not quite fair; but I still remember the aints and you should google it if you don't. Not exactly a great group of fans.

Now back on the subject, how did all those loyal New Orleans fans do with the Hornets this season?

Not much worse than us at 23 in attendance. But, the year before the Hornet ranked 37 out of 122 professional sports teams. They along with the Saint (38) were 1 of 2 teams with this top 40 ranking for small market teams. The other was Pittsburgh with the Steelers(10) and the Peguins(39). I got this info from Bizjournal Rankings.

Edited by clicklandshopping

Great post, but honeslty some of the fans on here, would complain even if the hawks had won lol. Heck they complained the entire regular season. Even though we were pretty darn good. That's the norm around here, sadly.

Yeah, but I think it has to do with how we played alot of times and how we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. For me I hate the fact that the past 2 seasons we started off very strong (esp this year) but got a certain point where we played .500 ball for the remainder of the year. We had the best record in the NBA like 20+ games into the season, yet started getting away from the things we did to get to that point like (offensive rebounds points in the paint and ft's). The fact that we GAVE away numerous games and finished only 6 games out of 1st in the division which very well could have changed the outcome of the playoffs. Thats whats most frustrating.

People say that this roster cant do this and cant do that, but the fact is this roster has dominated opponents before, this roster beat every playoff team at least once so this roster CAN do anything, its just a matter of consistency. If Drew could get this group to play consistent over the entire season, as well as maintain regular season success in the playoffs, then people wouldnt have much to say. But when you see us play like a champion one night and a D-league team another, it merrits the criticism.

I have faith though and continue to support our team. Im a ride or die fan til the end

Yeah, but I think it has to do with how we played alot of times and how we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. For me I hate the fact that the past 2 seasons we started off very strong (esp this year) but got a certain point where we played .500 ball for the remainder of the year. We had the best record in the NBA like 20+ games into the season, yet started getting away from the things we did to get to that point like (offensive rebounds points in the paint and ft's). The fact that we GAVE away numerous games and finished only 6 games out of 1st in the division which very well could have changed the outcome of the playoffs. Thats whats most frustrating.

People say that this roster cant do this and cant do that, but the fact is this roster has dominated opponents before, this roster beat every playoff team at least once so this roster CAN do anything, its just a matter of consistency. If Drew could get this group to play consistent over the entire season, as well as maintain regular season success in the playoffs, then people wouldnt have much to say. But when you see us play like a champion one night and a D-league team another, it merrits the criticism.

I have faith though and continue to support our team. Im a ride or die fan til the end

Good post! I also think we are inconsistant because our starter looked wore out in the playoffs. I liked Woodson as the coach, but maybe he relied on that starting rotation a little too much. If they could get all the player to be a little fresher come playoff, that could really help. It was good to see everyone healthy though.

Not much worse than us at 23 in attendance. But, the year before the Hornet ranked 37 out of 122 professional sports teams. They along with the Saint (38) were 1 of 2 teams with this top 40 ranking for small market teams. The other was Pittsburgh with the Steelers(10) and the Peguins(39). I got this info from Bizjournal Rankings.

Makes sense to me about them last season and also how fickle southern cities are in general about the NBA. They have Chris Paul, we have JJ. Paul is a much better marketing tool. Hell he is a mass marketing tool. I guess where I am going with this is instead of comparing our Hawks fans to the Saints fans, you should stick to the NBA. Falcons outdraw the Hawks on a regular basis, and they out spend as well.

Comparing the Hornets to the Hawks is much closer to fair game in the south; where football is and always will be king. Could you even imagine Atlanta and New Orleans without a NFL team? L.A. has gone without one for over a decade and they still have no plans to put one in town. There would be near riots in the street if either southern city was without a NFL team for that long.

We have a lot more basketball fans in Atlanta than NO. Look at the market ratings during the playoffs. If only our citizens could support the Hawks and not a star player team like Miami, Cleveland(then), LAL, and Orlando.

• Like 1