• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund should be pushing for T-Mac right about now

GameTime

I'm not sure it's worth it, T-Mac had two workouts with the Clips and Bulls, two teams in need of G/Fs and he walked away without a contract. I heard rumblings about his attitude and that he was limping through his Bulls workout. He may or may not be done but an Iversonesque attitude aint helping his cause.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure it's worth it, T-Mac had two workouts with the Clips and Bulls, two teams in need of G/Fs and he walked away without a contract. I heard rumblings about his attitude and that he was limping through his Bulls workout. He may or may not be done but an Iversonesque attitude aint helping his cause.

You are absolutely correct! There is a reason those teams did not sign McGrady. He is not the same player from his Toronto/Orlando days. The Hawks need better perimeter and low post defenders, not more offense.

Where did you hear about his attitude being a problem in the workouts? The only thing I read on why Bulls passed on him is b/c they're looking for more shooters. Also, he seems a lot more mature than Allen Iverson by the quotes I've read of him this off-season. I read somewhere that he has no problem coming off the bench.

I'm with Gametime on this one, I would love it if T-Mac signs for the vet min. to play for us. I think it will definitely develop competition on who starts between T-Mac and Marvin. Imagine a Bibby (or Crawford), Joe Johnson, McGrady, Smith, and Horford lineup.....that's one good passing team especially in an offense that supposedly going to revolved around sharing the ball.

Sund would never make this move, but i'm not against it

Well you should be IHA...as much as I get annoyed with our ownership I think Sund is coming into this season with dry powder (an old civil war analogy). He has three SGs - one an all-star, one 6th man of the year who would start on most teams, and one rookie who doesn't appear to have "Acie Law Sickness" (can't shoot after college). He has an overage of talent at a coveted spot.

A large part of our future for this next year depends on if Craw Jr. can play for real in the NBA. If he can we have nice options. The best thing is - we get half a season to scope him out before any trade is necessary.

Well you should be IHA...as much as I get annoyed with our ownership I think Sund is coming into this season with dry powder (an old civil war analogy). He has three SGs - one an all-star, one 6th man of the year who would start on most teams, and one rookie who doesn't appear to have "Acie Law Sickness" (can't shoot after college). He has an overage of talent at a coveted spot.

A large part of our future for this next year depends on if Craw Jr. can play for real in the NBA. If he can we have nice options. The best thing is - we get half a season to scope him out before any trade is necessary.

I Just Think He Might Help Light A Fire Under Marvin

• Admin

I have to agree that the fact that neither the Clipps or the Bulls signed him when both need a swing man is a very telling tale

It sounds like his injuries have caught up with him

I have to agree that the fact that neither the Clipps or the Bulls signed him when both need a swing man is a very telling tale

It sounds like his injuries have caught up with him

That may be true, but the way I see it, TMac is nothing more than a low risk/high reward guy. We have a starter in Marvin and a backup in Mo. Yes, it's not ideal, but they are there and under contract. If TMac gives you anything, he's essentially taking a roster spot from a guy like Mario West or a fringe D-Leaguer. I'd rather have the former superstar vet taking that roster spot and hoping he's still got something left rather than a guy with a very low ceiling. Just my opinon though.

• Admin

That may be true, but the way I see it, TMac is nothing more than a low risk/high reward guy. We have a starter in Marvin and a backup in Mo. Yes, it's not ideal, but they are there and under contract. If TMac gives you anything, he's essentially taking a roster spot from a guy like Mario West or a fringe D-Leaguer. I'd rather have the former superstar vet taking that roster spot and hoping he's still got something left rather than a guy with a very low ceiling. Just my opinon though.

You have a point as long as he doesn't bring an Allen Iverson attitude to the locker room. I can't picture Tmac being a leader or a humble veteran teaching the younger guys how to play.