• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Isiah: He's Baaaaack...

• Moderators

Based on his experience, is he consulting them on what NOT to do? If "do the exact opposite of what I suggest" is the plan (draft excepted), they might be in good shape.

Curious how this will work with the full-time FIU gig. Can't come in contact with college players but you're a college coach?

Either way, this can't possibly go over well as far as the Knicks' PR. Funniest fan response so far, "When does Rich Kotite return to the Jets?"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/thomas_slithers_in_as_consultant_SBMaCWUZbQ3O38bQn8qsjP#ixzz0vw9HMvHT

Thomas may have taken the first step yesterday to ruling the Knicks again, when he was named a part-time paid Knicks consultant while remaining as coach of Florida International University in Miami.

The NBA, however, is investigating the new contract because NBA front-office personnel are not permitted to have contact with college players during most of the year.

"I'm excited to once again be a part of the New York Knicks organization. I was honored to have been asked to help during the recent free-agent recruiting process, and believe that this new role takes full advantage of my skill set as an evaluator of basketball talent," Thomas said in a Knicks statement. "While I will of course continue in my role as FIU's coach, I look forward to working with Donnie [Walsh], Coach [Mike] D'Antoni and all of the Knicks staff to help bring a championship back to New York."

~lw3

"says otherwise." I can't spell worth a dang anymore.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Donnie W. almost quit once he found out that Isiah was hired. That is freakin hilarious.

I guarantee he's back because of the players. Players (Lebron and others) probably said that they would have preferred to have Isiah sitting in the GM seat.

Edited by Diesel

• Admin

I am blown away by this. Isiah should not be anywhere near the NBA. He is a terrible GM...almost destroyed the CBA, did a terrible job with the Pacers and what he did with the Knicks is legendary of what not to do. I consider him the worst GM in the history of the league.

I wonder what he has on Dolan because I was absolutely shocked to see him brought back and that Dolan actually wanted to make him GM again.