Chipper's MRI = torn ACL

coachx

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/08/12/mri-shows-jones-has-torn-acl-agent-said/

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-georgia-sports/2010/08/12/what-should-chipper-do/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_georgia_sports

Thanks for the memories Chipper. Your by far the greatest Braves hitter since Hammerin' Hank......plus he is part of a dying breed who played with the same franchise for their entire career. This basically removes any reasonable doubt about his retirement. Its only fitting for he and Bobby to go out together.

Edited by coachx

That sucks....but at least we eliminate the the task of trying to find a way of getting prado and infante in the lineup together....chip will be missed but those two bats together should give us something real special at the top of the order

That sucks....but at least we eliminate the the task of trying to find a way of getting prado and infante in the lineup together....chip will be missed but those two bats together should give us something real special at the top of the order

Has to be my all-time favorite Brave. What a professional hitter. Lifetime .400+ OBP, a batting title, an MVP, and a fixture at the number 3 spot for 15 years. One of the top 3rd basemen of all time, and for that reason, he should be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Thank you Chipper. You will be missed.

It's so odd that his major league career began and ended on torn ACL's. As for the lineup, as long as Prado is healthy, we will be OK with the Infante/Prado option at 2B/3B. If Chipper does retire, it could be helpful to us next year, as it would free up some of his 15 million to add an outfield bat that we desperately need. We will miss Chipper's presence, and this is so untimely since he was finally starting to hit somewhat like the Chipper of old. Can someone tell me why players never get hurt while they're in a abysmal slump? Why oh why can't that be Glaus?

Are you serious hawksfan? Maybe one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board

Why's Gongalez hitting 3rd? He's like the 6th best hitter on the team even w/o Prado. I'd put Heyward or Hinske at 3rd until Prado comes back.

Gonzalez is hitting third because for all Bobby Cox does well, he has almost no understanding of which statistics matter in baseball. In his mind, Gonzalez has 20 homers. Nevermind he hit 17 of them for another team. Nevermind his OBP is .290. Nevermind he has zero bat control. To Bobby, 20 HR = 3rd place hitter.

This team without Chipper and Prado has to be the worst offensive team I've ever seen. As I post this, we are 0 for 22 with runners on base in the Dodgers series. To win, we have to pitch a shut-out and hope we get a solo homerun from somebody. There was a game against the Marlins I think we had 4 lead-off doubles and failed to even advance any of them to third base. The most amazing thing is that Wren says "we don't have any holes". Glaus is absolutely retched. And we wouldn't even have to make a trade to replace him. Just cut him and promote either first baseman who is destroying AAA right now, Freeman or Canizares.

Are you serious hawksfan? Maybe one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board

So you honestly do not believe Chipper ever injected steroids? If not you must be in the dark. The seasons he had in the 90s/early 2000s are proof of it, along with the McGuires, Sosas, Bonds, and all the other big time players.

Most players shot roids in the 90s, and when I say most I mean the VAST MAJORITY in order to be the best. Do not fool yourself my friend.

So you honestly do not believe Chipper ever injected steroids? If not you must be in the dark. The seasons he had in the 90s/early 2000s are proof of it, along with the McGuires, Sosas, Bonds, and all the other big time players.

Most players shot roids in the 90s, and when I say most I mean the VAST MAJORITY in order to be the best. Do not fool yourself my friend.

His entire career????????????????? So the seasons he had in the beginning of his career show that he was using steroids.....im sorry to be so frank but you sound reallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dumb......his stats started to decline later in his career rather than inflate as seen by all the other admitted steroid users, he had good numbers in his prime and like any other guy started to lose a lil bit when he got older but your logic is telling you that he had those good years and fell off bc he stopped using roids....wow.....great logic there guy......im being sarcastic by the way

His entire career????????????????? So the seasons he had in the beginning of his career show that he was using steroids.....im sorry to be so frank but you sound reallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dumb......his stats started to decline later in his career rather than inflate as seen by all the other admitted steroid users, he had good numbers in his prime and like any other guy started to lose a lil bit when he got older but your logic is telling you that he had those good years and fell off bc he stopped using roids....wow.....great logic there guy......im being sarcastic by the way

Yeah, steroids really helped chipper hit all those singles and doubles to win a batting title 2 years ago. Chipper is a flat out professional hitter, and he only hit 40 HR once in his career. But that was when he was 27-28, when every baseball player has his prime. Most of his career, he has hit .300+ with a .400 OBP and 25-30 HR and lots of singles and doubles. I don't think anything he's ever done has been suspicious for steroids.

• Like 1

Maybe not his entire carrer, but Chipper used performance enhancing drugs. End of discussion. If you are still in denial about it you know nothing about sports.

2003 just so happened to be the last season he played more than 150 games, then the injury bug just seemed to catch up with him.

The majority of players who have come forward and admitted to the use of HGH and other various performance enhancing drugs claims that the reason for use was to stay on the field and lessen recovery time for the minor injuries.

Don't get me wrong, I see Chipper as a guy who accomplished everything he has through CLEAN hard work and just happened to catch a few bad breaks. I'm simply just raising the question to you all, with looking at the stats how long is it before there is a SI article with his name all over it?

Edited by HAWKSFAN89

Maybe not his entire carrer, but Chipper used performance enhancing drugs. End of discussion. If you are still in denial about it you know nothing about sports.

This has to be the single worst argument I've ever read on this site, and there have been some real stinkers. Do you even know how to construct an argument? Do you know what that entails?

First of all, saying "end of discussion" fools nobody. All it says to us is that you have no evidence to support your claim, so you're trying to win the argument with bluster.

The second half of your argument gets even better. So you again show that you have no evidence, but you tell your opponent that if he doesn't agree with you, he knows nothing about sports. What is this, The Emperor's New Clothes?

You need to come up with better ways to support a claim than 1) insisting you're right (end of discussion) and 2) insisting your opponent is wrong (you know nothing).

Wait, it gets better. Then you finish up by contradicting yourself:

"Don't get me wrong, I see Chipper as a guy who accomplished everything he has through CLEAN hard work..."

Oh, OK, but then you say...

"looking at the stats how long is it before there is a SI article with his name all over it?"

So which is it? Was it CLEAN hard work or was it performance enhancing drugs. It can't be both, but you seem to be hedging here so that you can say you were right no matter how it pans out.

And none of this is to mention how you first argued that your "proof" was Chipper's stats in the 90's and early 2000's, and now you say the "proof" is that he got injured in 2003 and must've used them to "stay on the field". So again, which is it? I can understand that you want it to be true that he used PED's, but you have no case for it, and the fact that you keep changing your case shows that you haven't put any thought into it. You just WANT it to be true so badly.

Edited by CBAreject

So I see you didn't bother to read the part where I said he used PED's to stray away from injuries, not be a slugger. Ok cool, I hit a nerve because I am talking about your man crush. It's ok. These kinds of things happen.

"Ohhhh god bless Chipper, the savior and my favorite Brave, no one has the right to say ANYTHING bad about my fantasy lover because HE IS MINE."

Edited by Dolfan23
Edited post and sent warning and 7 day suspension

So I see you didn't bother to read the part where I said he used PED's to stray away from injuries, not be a slugger. Ok cool, I hit a nerve because I am talking about your man crush. It's ok. These kinds of things happen.

"Ohhhh god bless Chipper, the savior and my favorite Brave, no one has the right to say ANYTHING bad about my fantasy lover because HE IS MINE."

This sounds like a ban to me.

CBA may be extremely harsh in response, but he attacked your argument and not you.

Edited by Dolfan23
Edited quote to remove offensive language