• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dampier still hasn't signed

Saw this on a hoopsworld chat with Jason Flemming:

Logsden Blazer in :

Hello Jason How serious are the rumors about Dampier? Is there a trade in the works to make room? Thanks

Jason Fleming:

Not at all serious. I think when all is said and done Dampier still ends up in Atlanta.

: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1183&status=Inactive#ixzz11RnFI9Q2

Anybody have any insight

• Premium Member

So the thought here is that Etan Thomas and Jason Collins are better than Dampier? I don't think so. I think its debateable that Zaza is better than Dampier.

I would take Dampier or almost anybody over ZaZa.

The good thing about dampier is he could start. However he would only be able to play 20-25 mins a game.

Dampier does the intagibles that dont show up on the stat sheet. I remember a couple of years ago watching the Hawks play Dallas on Tv and Dampier won that game for them with his defense and key rebounds in the paint. On the other hand ZaZa is n0t and will not ever be starter material, he just doesnt have the bulk to play the pivot. Dampier is at the end of his career, but he is playoff tested and brings a ton of experience that would greatly benefit the Hawks.

If your looking at stat sheet lines then he is not your guy, but the intangibles make up the difference.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I would take Dampier or almost anybody over ZaZa.

Dampier does the intagibles that dont show up on the stat sheet. I remember a couple of years ago watching the Hawks play Dallas on Tv and Dampier won that game for them with his defense and key rebounds in the paint. On the other hand ZaZa is n0t and will not ever be starter material, he just doesnt have the bulk to play the pivot. Dampier is at the end of his career, but he is playoff tested and brings a ton of experience that would greatly benefit the Hawks.

If your looking at stat sheet lines then he is not your guy, but the intangibles make up the difference.

100% agree although look at his stat sheet for the last 6 years including last year. They would all be huge career years for our backup centers.