Drew wants Hawks to run and run some more

HawkItus

Run Forrest Run!

The conditioning test was no surprise. Drew warned the players about a month before training camp, and they were ready for the challenge.

Every player met Drew's standard of under 7 minutes.

Joe Johnson had the team's fastest time at 5 minutes, 30 seconds. Another guard, Jeff Teague, was second at 6 minutes. The surprise was the 6-foot-11, 275-pound Pachulia finishing third at 6:07.

Now that's showing leadership!

Nice to read that our star didn't take the 120 million and decide to take the summer off....Joe has always been in good shape, but it's encouraging to know he didn't get fat and happy celebrating his riches.

Edited by buckeye242424

So let's review the facts-

Encouraging running more on offense which takes advantage of all the athletes on the floor

Encouraging ball movement offense which gets rid of the ridiculous isolation stagnation and takes advantage of all the guys who can create for themselves and their teammates

Encouraging decrease in switching defense which gets rid of ridiculous matchup of Horford on opposing PG

Again LD seems too good to be true. He's literally addressing all the main philosophical and execution problems we had on both sides of the ball

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

So let's review the facts-

Encouraging running more on offense which takes advantage of all the athletes on the floor

Encouraging ball movement offense which gets rid of the ridiculous isolation stagnation and takes advantage of all the guys who can create for themselves and their teammates

Encouraging decrease in switching defense which gets rid of ridiculous matchup of Horford on opposing PG

Again LD seems too good to be true. He's literally addressing all the main philosophical and execution problems we had on both sides of the ball

Hell, I can name 6 HS members that saw our issues from years past. The question is, can he get the guys to actually fall through? I'm hoping he can but I've heard this song and dance before. Don't forget even Woody preached about how he needed more subs, less iso's, and more running. Talking the talk is one thing, geting the guys to do it is another. I'm not praising Drew until I SEE and not hear the improvments.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Check out the mile run times!

Every player met Drew's standard of under 7 minutes.

Joe Johnson had the team's fastest time at 5 minutes, 30 seconds. Another guard, Jeff Teague, was second at 6 minutes. The surprise was the 6-foot-11, 275-pound Pachulia finishing third at 6:07.

Name of external link

I heard Joe was at the finish line yelling "I'm Rich b*tch!!"

• Like 2

Joe's the fastest? Oh dear...

And was there a Prada man-purse waiting at the finish line? That's the only way I could explain Zaza Bolt.

~lw3

Haha thats awesome..zaza is balboa

crap jj won the race...

No way Collins finished in under 7

Joe's the fastest? Oh dear...

And was there a Prada man-purse waiting at the finish line? That's the only way I could explain Zaza Bolt.

~lw3

Haha thats awesome..zaza is balboa

crap jj won the race...

Edited by Spud2Nique

Hell, I can name 6 HS members that saw our issues from years past. The question is, can he get the guys to actually fall through? I'm hoping he can but I've heard this song and dance before. Don't forget even Woody preached about how he needed more subs, less iso's, and more running. Talking the talk is one thing, geting the guys to do it is another. I'm not praising Drew until I SEE and not hear the improvments.

I agree with the concept of not getting the hopes up to be dashed. But the one encouraging aspect is how much of an emphasis he seems to be making about it. Don't think Woody ever did. Nor did he claim to have some motion offense or ever say anything about switching.

And also let's keep in mind that Drew got to see first hand what got Woody fired. So hopefully he can learn from those mistakes. Seriously if we really do come through in all those areas this team could reach that top 2-3 in the East which means potential Conference Finals berth for first time since 1970. And first ever time since playoff expansion

Edited by BusBoyIsBack