• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks Management/Coaching Staff happy with Current Roster?

PaceRam

Just curious if you think the Hawks Management and Coaching staff are satisfied with their current roster going into the beginning of the season next week? As a Hawks fan are you satisfied with their current roster or do you think they could have and should have done more to bolster their roster (and, maybe they tried but could not come to any agreements)? Even if the Hawks are as good as they were last year (or, maybe even a little better?) some of the other Teams in the Conference seem to have gotten much better which will make it more difficult for the Hawks to match their last season's overall record. Do you think there is any chance that the Hawks will add another player (Dampier, etc) or two to the roster before the season begins?

Just curious if you think the Hawks Management and Coaching staff are satisfied with their current roster going into the beginning of the season next week? As a Hawks fan are you satisfied with their current roster or do you think they could have and should have done more to bolster their roster (and, maybe they tried but could not come to any agreements)? Even if the Hawks are as good as they were last year (or, maybe even a little better?) some of the other Teams in the Conference seem to have gotten much better which will make it more difficult for the Hawks to match their last season's overall record. Do you think there is any chance that the Hawks will add another player (Dampier, etc) or two to the roster before the season begins?

I probably would be Shocked if they make a move to improve the roster. ASG sucks.

• Moderators

I don't see any other moves coming until the trade deadline. I'm sure they would have loved to have gotten better but it ain't easy. The other teams everyone is worried about all 'seem to have gotten better.' About half probably haven't gotten better and there are others that got decidedly worse. I'm not worried about what the other teams have done. I think we're in a good position to be a top east team and make a trade at the deadline to push us in the playoffs.

I'm not completely satisfied with the roster, but I am willing to give the players the Hawks have on the roster a chance to prove themselves on this new scheme we have on offense and defense. Later on during the season, if it doesn't look like the Hawks will have a chance to compete for the championship title.... I would like to see the front office make some moves. I think the management probably has the same mindset as me. They will probably evaluate what our team is like during the season and go from there.

I do think that if the Hawks had the opportunity to acquire a Star that that could put them into contention that they woudl pay the luxury tax. If Carmelo Anthony were willing to sign an extension with the Hawks then I don't think it would be luxury tax concerns that would scuttle the deal. But this team is more likely to miss the playoffs than to advance past the second round- I wouldn't be willing to pay the luxury tax for that either.

As far as the Notorious A.S.G. is concerned....

Do they have to pay the luxury tax? If not, then yes.

Is their new coach the lowest paid in the league? If so, then yes.

Do they still get to collect on those escrow payments by not going over the tax threshold? If so, then yes.

As far as I'm concerned....

Did they address any of their weaknesses? Nope.

Did they add to their roster with any notable veteran players who can actually contribute something besides wave a towel on the bench (and no, Etan Thomas doesn't count)? Nope.

Are they any closer to competing for a title than they were going into last season? Nope.

Thank you, I'm done...