• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should the Hawks go after Oden this offseason?

This is a good move for both sides, IMO. If Oden can come back this year and stay somewhat healthy, I'd be surprised if the Blazers didn't match any offer he gets in RFA. By not giving him an extension now, the Blazers get to see if Oden's worth spending the money on and Oden gets to come back and potentially increase his worth if he can play well and stay healthy.

I get the feeling the real reason this happened is because the Blazers know that Oden won't be able to stay healthy, though... Thus they'll have no problem with letting him walk away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

"...and, on the next 'General Hospital',,,"

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2010/11/breaking_news_blazers_greg_ode.html

Gotta feel a little bit for Portland fans. Not a ton, since the warning signs for Oden and Roy have been there through college, but just a little.

~lw3

• Moderators

"...and, on the next 'General Hospital',,,"

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2010/11/breaking_news_blazers_greg_ode.html

Gotta feel a little bit for Portland fans. Not a ton, since the warning signs for Oden and Roy have been there through college, but just a little.

~lw3

I think you have to feel for them. That just stinks. Especially Oden who wasn't considered a big medical risk long-term.

• Premium Member

I think you have to feel for them. That just stinks. Especially Oden who wasn't considered a big medical risk long-term.

Yeah, Oden had that arm injury but his knees didn't self destruct until after the draft. The guy was pretty much the absolute consensus "can't miss" #1 pick that year.