• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford's offense

exodus

I have noticed Horford doing something different this year offensively. the thing that really annoyed me in the past is watching him try to back guys down, which rarely worked. Sometimes he would wind up taking a turnaround fadeaway which rarely went in, or he would shoot an off balance jump hook.

Now from what i have see he isn't trying to back anyone down this year. I have been watching closely the last few games and i haven't seen him do it once. Now when he is playing with his back to the basket (assuming he doesn't face up) he dribbles hard to one side of the defender or the other. Sometimes he goes hard one way and shoots, sometimes he reverses and then shoots. But he doesn't go directly into the defenders chest which he did so often in the past.

Assuming he continues to do this i think this will make a big difference in his production. It has already obviously.

Edited by exodus

Horford is playing more facing the basket this year and it has been paying dividends. Whoever suggested this is very smart. I wonder if it is Drew?

Horford has a great face up jumper and backing down takes that away. He is still doing it when he is very close to the basket and his hook shot has

also improved. But he is looking to dribble more now and take on guys while facing the basket, Horford is probably shooting over 60% still, which

is unreal. They need to figure out a way to get him his shots every night.

I truly believe horford can close in around 18-21 points a game if plays are set up in his favor. so far he is getting plenty of oppurtunity and well as you can see the results are positive! Big AL is scoring and prob will continue to drop his points cause that mid range jumper is falling!

Exodus has been harping on this pretty much since Al's rookie year. Maybe they are paying him a consultancy retainer? :biggrin:

Seriously WTF do their coaches do? His problems were so obvious.

I guess he finally figured things out on his own. I don't believe for one second that the coaches told him to change his approach. A real coach wouldn't have taken several years to figure this out.

He has been the best player on the team so far this year.

Yup. His improvement is glaringly obvious. Darko had NO chance guarding him yesterday. Love his heart, effort. He just seems like he's playing harder than anyone else on the floor. And it's already come, for me at least, when he's shooting 16, 17 feet and in, it's money.

I truly believe horford can close in around 18-21 points a game if plays are set up in his favor. so far he is getting plenty of oppurtunity and well as you can see the results are positive! Big AL is scoring and prob will continue to drop his points cause that mid range jumper is falling!

Of course he would. He has been shooting over 50% for a long time now. Thank goodness Drew is recognizing his value as an offensive weapon.